[REPORTED]AA Tanker and Stennis not lighting up at night

Badger633

I am currently completing a 10 mission campaign. Just on the last mission. In it is a night time AA refuel and Stennis landing. Up until the last update both the AA tanker and Stennis runway lighting up on approach using this mission. Still refining the same mission after the update but now the both will no longer light up as they should.

Ok thinking it was a mission corruption set up new simple mission at night simple F18 and K130 AA refuel. Same thing tanker not lighting up on approach. ( Using correct radio procedures and getting correct responses plus ability to refuel)

Is this an issue?

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• ED Team

Hi Glyn

Can you let me know which campaign? is it an ED one or user created?

It maybe a case of just re-saving the mission

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Bignewy

It is my own F18 campaign but in separate missions at moment before combining into a campaign. Missions are being resaved all the time when editing so I don't think that's it. That's why I did new test mission to check. Same thing happened. Will create simple aa refuel again and get track for you.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hi Glyn

Can you let me know which campaign? is it an ED one or user created?

It maybe a case of just re-saving the mission

He already confirmed it is not strictly campaign-related as it happens on a separate mission he put togeter with just an F18 and a Tanker in the ME

thinking it was a mission corruption set up new simple mission at night simple F18 and K130 AA refuel. Same thing tanker not lighting up on approach. ( Using correct radio procedures and getting correct responses plus ability to refuel)

EDIT: Sniped by OP :book:

Edited by Kid18120
SNIPED!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

Big Newy

As promised I attach a track of a new simple mission just done. Black Sea K130 AA tanker and f18 at night.

When approaching even though carrying out radio procedure plus getting hose to come out tanker will not switch on lights ( Poor approach unfortunately in the dark got caught by vortex !). Did actually carry out full refuel as well but that track was getting above 5MB so couldn't include that one.

As explained have same problem with Stennis not lighting up on approach also.

Both Stennis and tanker lights working fine prior to update?

track attached

777.trk

Yes no lighting on stennis at night with latest OB. (I prefer that way for using NVG/ICLS...)

A difference I've spotted between before and now, is that we only ask Stennis for approach. When we receive Stennis answer with BRC and all, we don't have possibility to ask for landing like before. Maybe it's what empeach Stennis to lite up.

I've not tried A/A refuelling at night.

BTW excellent news that you are making a new campaign GlynLewis ! I Hope you'll also share/upload that one.

Hi Toutenglisse

Yes will push out in a couple of weeks it's a follow on, "The Serpents Head 2"

• ED Team

Hi all,

I have reproduced and reported

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I notice the Carrier R/W lights are not coming on also is this going to be fixed? Been going on for quite a while now.

Thrustmaster A10 Warthog

Thrustmaster Rudder

Naturalpoint TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro

ACPI x64 PC

Corsair K70 RGB LUX

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Intel i7-8700K@3.70GHz

GeFORCE GTX 1080 Ti

16GB DDR4 Corsair 3000 C15

• 3 weeks later...