SP - Su-27 Campaign - Battlefield Krasnodar

Hi this is a feedback thread for comments and areas to improve this campaign I created.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

HomeFries,

My apologies,

I did not include the updated files.

The download link has the updated files.

Cheers

Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Yes,

The link has the updated file.

Cheers,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

Chicki

Mission 1 is designed to test your pilot skills in low level flight and air to air combat

Couple of hints

1) Follow the mission messages through out the flight

2) Do not fly sloppy if you bust altitude you will get shot at which is no fun

3) Backfires fly solo they are never in formation this may help picking them out visually or on radar.

4) Lastly, You need to maximize your climb and speed to catch these high flyers

Please let me know if you want some more helpful hints on this campaign.

My goal is for others to learn the flanker and master it.

Best of Luck

Edited by ruddy122

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

Thanks for the campaign. I've been having a lot of fun trying to complete the first mission.

I have successfully navigated the flight plan 5 out of 7 times.

Thing is though, I can't finish it. The 5 times everything was good, on my final leg I keep getting a hydraulic systems failure. NOTE: I have random system failures option OFF in my options.

This last time, during my ingress, I also received a right engine failure. I just shut it down and continued ok. The hydraulic systems failure is impossible though as it complete shuts down all control surfaces. I didn't have enough hydraulic pressure to make it back. I'm not sure if it's a trigger in the mission or if it's a bug on my end or what, but it hasn't happened in any other campaign I fly the SU-27 in.

Regardless, thanks for your hard work!

Just wanted to add that this campaign would be an awesome and challenging addition to the MIG-21 too. I read through all the briefings and it seems the MIG-21 is perfectly suited for these tasks too, though it would be way more of a challenge on that first mission (even marking on the knee board).

Going to try again soon, i'll save a track this time if it happens again and post it here for you.

Edited by Boxin

i9-9900k | 2080 Ti ftw ultra | 32gb DDR4 3200 | Oculus hmd | HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MFD Cougar

Boxin,

Thank you for the kind words.

I would like to see your mission track to see what is going on. There are no mission triggers that enable system failures that I know of.

I will fly the first mission campaign tonight or tomorrow and I'll post the mission track which may help others in completing the first mission.

I know that the Su-27 does not like negative G's for more than 2 seconds before you flame them out, but that's the only scenario I've seen.

Anyhow I'll fly the campaign and see what's going on.

Cheers,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

Boxin,

Thank you for the kind words.

I would like to see your mission track to see what is going on. There are no mission triggers that enable system failures that I know of.

I will fly the first mission campaign tonight or tomorrow and I'll post the mission track which may help others in completing the first mission.

I know that the Su-27 does not like negative G's for more than 2 seconds before you flame them out, but that's the only scenario I've seen.

Anyhow I'll fly the campaign and see what's going on.

Cheers,

Good news! Not a bug. Check the spoiler to see what happened.

It was an M1A2 that peppered me on my egress. I had the tacview file and checked it out. So ill just have to watch out for that on my next run through.

i9-9900k | 2080 Ti ftw ultra | 32gb DDR4 3200 | Oculus hmd | HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MFD Cougar

Hi Everyone,

Here is a .trk file of the first mission for Battlefield Krasnodar.

My low level flying was a little sloppy as I got distracted which sent more airplanes than I wanted but hopefully the .trk file will show how strong a well flown Su-27 Flanker can do.:smilewink:

As you know .trk files are not an actual replay of the mission but are extremely helpful in mastering your jet.

Cheers,

Battlefield Krasnodar MSN01.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

Mainstay,

You may have completed the mission faster than your friendly ground assets have knocked out 30% of the vehicles in the staging area or you did not get the entire air group.

I usually fly the route between 800-950 Km/h to give the ground assets time to knock the enemy ground targets out.

Also the trk file I made may help.

If there are any other questions please let me know.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

Anyone completed the second mission? If I fail the second mission....ah, when I fail the second mission, the campaign takes me back to the first mission again. I'm getting really good at flying the first mission. The hardest part of the second mission is taxing without a light!

I'll try to post a trk file in the next couple of days of how I do mission 2 with some keys to succeeding the mission

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

Hey ruddy. Been waiting for a reply. Watching in tacview, it seems that fighters spawn if you go too high. I am careful not to radiate as per the mission brief. IR sensor only, but, the fighters suddenly spawn. Must be an altitude thing. If so, would be nice if mission brief said something about that. Looking forward to track file. Sure wish they would fix the taxi light. Thanks, out.

Hey Chicki,

The Key to this mission is to not stray west of waypoints 1 and 2 while attacking with the IRST system of the Flanker.

What is happening is that you strayed into the Hawk Acquisition Radar Zone and you are tripping the fighters to attack you.

This mission makes you keep aware of where you are and employ IR Weapons of the Flanker.

Hope this helps

I'll do the trk file soon

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

Finished this tonight. Holy hell, Great fkn job. Thanks so much. Already want to ride through it again and try and do better.

thanks so much, really.

Hi Everyone,

Here is the mission track file for MSN 02

If you want to learn the key points to succeed in the mission click the spoiler

Mission Notes:

The reason I created this mission was to practice IRST Attacks using the R-27ET and the R-73 missile while still being aware of my position over the battle space.

If you stray too far west of Waypoints 2 and 3 you will hit the Trigger Zones and incur the wrath of the Blue Force Air and SAM assets. :doh:

Try to stay 15-20 Km east of Waypoints 2 or 3 to ensure you are in friendly airspace as you are attacking the bomber assets. :thumbup:

I still have not found the DCS trigger in the Mission Editor to activate the Blue Force assets if you turn on the radar so you can use the R-27ERs if you have to. May be in later versions I'll take away this mission cheat :smilewink:

Also flying at night in DCS is a real challenge and you can get spatial disoriented very quickly which adds to the mission challenge

Enjoy the campaign and I'm currently working on a second campaign from Vaziani which will be equally as challenging.

Cheers

Battlefield Krasnodar MSN02.trk

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

I just started on this campaign and this is some excellent work! Thank you very much.

May I suggest that the messages are shown for a longer time (actually, I probably would need quite a bit longer :-)). When flying at very low level it is very hard to read the entire message before it disappears.

Thanks again.