A-10C Georgian hammer campaign issues

scotth6

Hi,

I really love the A-10C and the Georgian Hammer campaign, and in fact it is what I spend most of my time on in DCS World. It is what I have used, along with the training missions, to pretty much learn how to fly and fight in the Warthog

I have successfully completed the campaign once before, and before this everything seemed to work OK.

Since completing it a few issues are consistent each time I use the campaign.

1/ No score is recorded. AA and AA kills are recorded, but the actual score is always 0. Not a big deal for me as I never really paid attention to what they were, but it seems odd for it to suddenly not work anymore.

2/ Mission that has the two armour platoons (Razor and Blade) advance to Iowa, and then just Blade advance to Arizona - Blade always starts advancing and then gets stuck at the same location. This has happened three times on the same mission and they always get stuck at the same location. Obviously the mission is incomplete, so the mission only gets a completion rate of 50.

There are no enemy units left anywhere near them or their target location, yet they just stop and refuse to move any further. I have left the mission running for about half an hour or more after landing to see if they would eventually move, but they don't. I have taken some screen shots of where they stop.

Screen_160903_214741.jpg

Screen_160903_215851.jpg

Screen_160903_221241.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by scotth6

I have successfully completed the campaign once before, and before this everything seemed to work OK.

Since completing it a few issues are consistent each time I use the campaign.

1/ No score is recorded. AA and AA kills are recorded, but the actual score is always 0. Not a big deal for me as I never really paid attention to what they were, but it seems odd for it to suddenly not work anymore.

Score: on the final mission finished screen for all campaigns is always 0, scoring is for multiplayer only, as far as I know.

Results: Is for Campaigns which show that you have achieved the objectives set by the campaign builder for that mission.

ie: In the mission you describe below, it is 50 points for starting the mission and 50 points for getting both platoons to their assigned zones, how many tanks, planes, and artillery, etc you take out to accomplish this is not important or recorded in anyway.

2/ Mission that has the two armour platoons (Razor and Blade) advance to Iowa, and then just Blade advance to Arizona - Blade always starts advancing and then gets stuck at the same location. This has happened three times on the same mission and they always get stuck at the same location. Obviously the mission is incomplete, so the mission only gets a completion rate of 50.

There are no enemy units left anywhere near them or their target location, yet they just stop and refuse to move any further. I have left the mission running for about half an hour or more after landing to see if they would eventually move, but they don't. I have taken some screen shots of where they stop.

Have tested here and yes their is an issue as you describe, this problem didn't happen under the DCSW v1.216 when these missions were updated, corrected and tested to complete correctly, but when the were converted to run under DCSW v1.5x they were not retested and a few small issues will most likely happen as you have found.

Changing the position of the waypoint slightly were the BLADE tanks get stuck fixes the issue.

The game may play some what different to what you remember, as a lot of corrections were made to the campaign.

Thanks for the report, if you have anymore issues through out the campaign, record the actual mission name from the briefing and please let me know so I can get them corrected and published in the game itself.

Attached is the corrected mission in question and can be temperarly placed in the games campaign directory (..\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\EN\Campaigns\) so you can continue the campaign, this will get removed after any DCSW updates though.

Regards, Ian.

Push - 4-1.miz

• Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

The updated mission works perfectly, so I can now get past that mission and have continued on with the campaign. Had a few mishaps with Push 6-1 also, but that was mission related as I kept getting shot out of the sky by SAMs or Mig 29s.

Just as an update about what I was mentioning with the score, I do actually think the scoring system is missing in some missions, or may be a bit buggy throughout the campaign. There are two separate "scores". One is the "Result", which is usually either 0, 50 or 100 depending on the success of the mission.

There is also another "score" which is based on the number of units destroyed and probably other factors too. It has been 0 all the way through the campaign every time I have gone through it again since completing it. Today I finished the mission Push 8-1 and received a score of 102, alongside a result of 100 for completing the mission.

It seems to me that maybe no score is awarded for any mission you have completed in the past, as I hadn't flown the Push 8-1 mission before.

Cheers,

Just as an update about what I was mentioning with the score, I do actually think the scoring system is missing in some missions, or may be a bit buggy throughout the campaign. There are two separate "scores". One is the "Result", which is usually either 0, 50 or 100 depending on the success of the mission.

There is also another "score" which is based on the number of units destroyed and probably other factors too. It has been 0 all the way through the campaign every time I have gone through it again since completing it. Today I finished the mission Push 8-1 and received a score of 102, alongside a result of 100 for completing the mission.

It seems to me that maybe no score is awarded for any mission you have completed in the past, as I hadn't flown the Push 8-1 mission before.

Cheers,

You might be onto something there with that last paragraph, as I rarely actually fly the campaigns using the campaign system I have never seen it give a score other than 0 with a result of 100 for success.

May be a bug and not recording each individual kills, but it also may be working as intended.

All I know is that the only scoring that has been set in each mission of that total campaign is 50 point for turning up in the mission for a few seconds and 50 points for doing the primary assignment.

There are no individual points allocated or set within the seperate missions for killing a general plane, tank or any other target for that mater, unless the game engine itself does the scoring base on the debriefing screen at the end of the mission on what units you took out.

Other campaigns such as the Su-25T one do have scoring for a lot of individual tanks, planes, etc. but those only always show up on the results score board.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Hey guys,

As for the score, I also noted that it remains at 0 in SP campaigns... unless you get an air to air kill, which counts as 50 points each.

I suspect a bug here.

Good to know, thanks.

DCS Tech Support.

• 2 months later...

Campaign help

I too am having basic issues with the campaign and can't find specific answers. If anyone can help, or direct me to some instructions I'd appreciate it.

None of the ground units ever advance anywhere.

None of the JTACs ever respond.

AWACS never responds.

Other units (Uzi, Ford, etc.) in the Other comm menu never respond. Does selecting them with F1 even do anything?

I can destroy every single target on the map and only get 50 on the results because the ground units never advance. The score increases every time I destroy a target, but not the result.

There is no comm option to tell the ground units to advance (I'm using easy comms).

The game freezes every time I quit a campaign mission.

The Fly Again option can never be selected.

The in-game map doesn't show the ground unit objectives (Alaska, Iowa, etc.).

What am I missing? Why does nobody except my wingman ever respond to comms? Why do the ground units never advance? How do I complete campaign missions?

I just started this campaign for the first time, and I'm having issues as well.

Sometimes the JTAC respond, sometimes not. I've never had the Other units respond (maybe they just don't anyways?).

In general, the missions seem kind of vague in terms of the goals. And if you do get the JTAC to give you targets, I've had other units then attack those targets, which is frustrating.

I too am having basic issues with the campaign and can't find specific answers. If anyone can help, or direct me to some instructions I'd appreciate it.

None of the ground units ever advance anywhere.

None of the JTACs ever respond.

AWACS never responds.

Other units (Uzi, Ford, etc.) in the Other comm menu never respond. Does selecting them with F1 even do anything?

I can destroy every single target on the map and only get 50 on the results because the ground units never advance. The score increases every time I destroy a target, but not the result.

There is no comm option to tell the ground units to advance (I'm using easy comms).

The game freezes every time I quit a campaign mission.

The Fly Again option can never be selected.

The in-game map doesn't show the ground unit objectives (Alaska, Iowa, etc.).

What am I missing? Why does nobody except my wingman ever respond to comms? Why do the ground units never advance? How do I complete campaign missions?

Firstly, this is a general summary.

• Don't use Easy Comms, known to be buggy and unreliable in the past.
  • Do use realistic comms and tune the different radios to the correct frequencies for each unit you want to call, transmit using the correct radio and push to talk buttons.
  • Radio menus have been borked in recent update patches, but quite random in nature.
  • Have the same issue after finishing missions and it locking up, been doing this for ages.
  • Others have been playing this campaign under v1.52,v1.54 quite recently with only a couple of issue in the movement of some tanks pathing in push 4-1, I suspect v1.55 has broken more things.
  • Results will only advance on doing the objective, ie getting the platoons to the objective areas.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

So basically I paid for a simulation that has a comm system that doesn't work, ground units that don't work, other units that don't respond, JTAC that doesn't assist, objectives that can't be met, campaigns that can't be completed, screens that freeze, menus with options that don't work, and a developer that releases updates that make things worse.

Nice.

I just want the ground units to move to their objectives. Since there are no campaign instructions in the sim, can anyone provide specific details on what to do? Are they supposed to move on their own? Am I supposed to contact them? If so, when? Am I supposed to use JTAC or not?

You can contact the ground units via one of the radios. Open UHF radio by pressing LAlt + Numpad "-" and then press F10 for "Other".

Adding to your rant, often the ground units just stop advancing at some point and the mission cannot be completed.

When you fly to the IP (ingress point) they should show up under "Other". You usually get a notification like "Razor waiting for orders" or something like that. You want to tell them to advance once you have eliminated the threats.

When you fly to the IP (ingress point) they should show up under "Other". You usually get a notification like "Razor waiting for orders" or something like that. You want to tell them to advance once you have eliminated the threats.

This is part of what I was saying above about the missions having vague goals. There's nothing in the mission descriptions detailing that. It's almost as if the designer assumes you know to do that. But as a new user still learning, I had no idea and made for a very confusing campaign start.

Tried another campaign mission just now, still no movement of the ground units at all and therefore still unable to complete the objective.

Flew to the IP, opened the radio, selected Other, no ground units listed. Continued on to the target and destroyed half the targets, flew back to the ground units which hadn't moved, tried contacting them, still not listed under Other.

Went back and destroyed every target in the target area, still no movement of the ground units and still not listed in Other.

Flew back and destroyed every target on the map, still no movement of the ground units, still only 50 results.

Contacted both JTACs, no response from either. Contacted AWACS, no response.

Something is seriously wrong with the campaign missions in this sim. I understand a few bugs here and there, but to make the entire campaign non-functional and to not provide any instructions or guidance on what is supposed to happen is ridiculous.

Tried another campaign mission just now, still no movement of the ground units at all and therefore still unable to complete the objective.

Flew to the IP, opened the radio, selected Other, no ground units listed. Continued on to the target and destroyed half the targets, flew back to the ground units which hadn't moved, tried contacting them, still not listed under Other.

I flew push 4-1 as a test.

• Take off and follow all way points, when between Fence In and IP waypoints you are contacted automatically with a group of messages on screen for allied AI flights and the platoons that are ready to advance (there are no sounds or voices, so keep and eye out for them, if you don't get them by the time you are in the IP waypoint I don't know what you are doing wrong, and mission will not be able to be completed).
  • You can now use the radio to send the SEAD, CAS flights into the fight
  • You can now use the radio to send the two armoured platoons to their objectives.
  • The fight is now on, and you can start to kill stuff.

Went back and destroyed every target in the target area, still no movement of the ground units and still not listed in Other.

Flew back and destroyed every target on the map, still no movement of the ground units, still only 50 results.

Killing enemies will do you know good if you haven't recieved the radio calls to advance the armoured platoons by the time you have entered the area of operations (ie the IP waypoint)

Contacted both JTACs, no response from either. Contacted AWACS, no response.

I tried all radio comms with both easy communications and realistic communications settings:

I called JTAC and he did take a long time (a minute or two) to respond on the initial time on station stuff, but he did respond.

(Push to talk key: Shift+Num-)

I called the tanker and he responded fine.

(Push to talk key: Alt+Num+)

I called the AWACS for bullseye and he responded fine.

(Push to talk key: Alt+Num+)

I called my wingman to engage and he responded fine.

(Push to talk key: Alt+Num-)

I called both armoured platoons and sent them on their way, both responded fine. (my version has a slight bug fix for one platoon stopping half way for no reason)

Something is seriously wrong with the campaign missions in this sim. I understand a few bugs here and there, but to make the entire campaign non-functional and to not provide any instructions or guidance on what is supposed to happen is ridiculous.

I understand all of your frustrations, I had the same feeling with DCS, but have come to learn things will get broken when adding new features.

The original A-10c Georgian Hammer campaign mission had no feedback what so ever, I have added messaging and intended to do voice overs but hadn't had the time to do it, in my current version the voice overs are done, but it requires a total rewrite of the trigger zones and triggers to have them work properly.

If you are not getting the messages when you hit the IP waypoint, you must have a faulty install of some sort and I suggest you either do a repair or at least check the individual files in ..\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\EN\Campaigns\Push*.* are all dated in 25/05/2016.

Saving a track file and uploading might help me understand what you are doing differently.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

DCS Tech Support.

Ok, I'll check the files. I run DCS from Steam though so shouldn't everything be automatically updated and current?

Re: steam, yes in a perfect world it should be current and updated, but I have had numerous other steam games stop working in the past and when you use the cache validator function to check for corrupt files, it has found some faulty ones and re-downloaded them, and then the games functioned correctly.

The auto update can also be disabled by a user, so pays to check that auto updates is still on.

To check:

• Find DCS World in the list of steam games and right mouse click on the menu entry and then choose "Properties" from the menu presented.
  • To check the Auto update is on, choose "Updates" tab, and the first entry at top should read "Always keep up to date automatically"
  • To check all DCS files for corruption choose the "Local files" tab and finally the "Validate integrity of game cache" button.
  • It will take a while to process, so just let it go thought the motions, if it finds and issue it will tell you that it is re-downloading the offending files, but you have to be watching for that, as it doesn't give any indicators at the end of the process on how many files had to be replaced, it just tells you it has checked all the files.
  • Check files in the Steam Files cache (..\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSworld\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\EN\Campaigns\PUSH*.miz are dated in 2016)
  • Finally re-run DCS world and see if there is any change in the missions.

Regards, Ian.

1018077882_Screenshot2016-11-1811_46_49.png.f6d50e612915d3e0a0cdfdaedd9eff72.png

DCS Tech Support.

Ok. All of the Georgian Hammer missions are July 2016 and the CA missions are January 2016 except the first five which are 2014.

I don't see an option to select a certain mission in the campaign menu to see which dates work. The Fly Again option never works either.

Ok. All of the Georgian Hammer missions are July 2016 and the CA missions are January 2016 except the first five which are 2014.

I don't see an option to select a certain mission in the campaign menu to see which dates work.

The Fly Again option never works either.

Sounds like they are the updated ones, so still not sure why you have no feedback when playing the missions.

Campaign system wouldn't have a fly again option as the result you get in the mission determines weather you advance to the next stage (51-100%), stay on the same one (50%) or actually go back one (49% or less).

Their is also a randomization system within the A-10c Georgian Hammer Stages and missions so it is possible that if you just quit out or fail a mission with a result of 50% you may still get quite a different mission to replay instead of the one you just failed even thought you are at the same stage (this confuses new comers a lot, as there is only 14 stages but 32 missions, if you always get a result of 51% - 100% in each stage, you will only ever fly 14 mission in total).

The only way to fly a specific campaign mission (To test or refly) is:

• DCS Main Menu -> Mission -> A-10c
  • Select .. on the missions menu files directory to right to go back a directory.
  • Select Campaigns directory and then the mission you want to play (Push*.miz).
  • This will give you the mission planner and START button
  • Press START button and try mission.
  • When mission is complete the Fly again button should be available.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

It looks like the GH campaign missions are working now, but not the first several GH CA missions with the 2014 dates.

There's a strange female computer voice that announces when the ground units are moving forward instead of the normal voice overs like all the other units, but as long as they move to their objectives and I can complete the mission I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the help.

It looks like the GH campaign missions are working now, but not the first several GH CA missions with the 2014 dates.

There's a strange female computer voice that announces when the ground units are moving forward instead of the normal voice overs like all the other units, but as long as they move to their objectives and I can complete the mission I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the help.

The Georgian Hammer CA campaign missions are essentually the same missions (but have never been upgraded by me), but have no radio commands at all for controlling the ground platoons as you have to control them manually using the extra DCS module (Combined Arms).

Voicing for the pushx-x missions wasn't completed so I think it is only available in the first couple of missions.

Glad it going for you now, just keep an eye out for the text prompts from your other units as voicing isn't on 99% of the missions (Yet).

As I said before I have recently done some voices for all of the GH campaign but there needs to be a lot of changes to the trigger systems for them to be output correctly. I am just using the windows 8.1 voices for my voice overs as it takes to much work otherwise, and when you are doing 100's of missions it takes months.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

I'm sure it's a lot of work.

BTW, after updating all the files there is now a problem with the elevator. For a few minutes it works normally, then for no reason the nose will start dropping which requires full aft stick to stop. Then to get any pitch control at all requires full stick deflection which only moves the elevator a very small amount. After a few minutes it goes back to normal and repeats.

I hadn't changed anything in the control settings. Since it started I've adjusted the pitch curve, pitch saturation, re-assigned the axis, etc. with no effect.

Roll works just fine, the issue is only with pitch.

Any ideas?

BTW, after updating all the files there is now a problem with the elevator. For a few minutes it works normally, then for no reason the nose will start dropping which requires full aft stick to stop. Then to get any pitch control at all requires full stick deflection which only moves the elevator a very small amount. After a few minutes it goes back to normal and repeats.

Any ideas?

Very strange issue, can't see that being specific to any missions, and the following is only a general diag regime.

• Check calibration within windows still works fine with joystick.
  • Check there is no conflict with two or more controllers assigned to the same axis (Joystick / Hotas, gamepad or steering Wheels) in the A-10c SIM controls sections.
  • Have you added any other joystick, game pads, Xbox, steering wheels recently ???
  • Just having a force feedback device installed but not used in anyway within DCS has caused issues in the past, which caused the trim functions not to work in aircraft, but was resolved.
  • In controls section for pitch, with pitch curve, pitch saturation set as default, does the joystick track the full motion in the test window when moving the joystick to its extremes ???
  • Use Cntl-Enter in game to bring up the joystick axis monitor and see if that is behaving as intended when flying.

If the above seems ok, then I would be looking at this:

• What sort of frame rate do you have whilst flying, is it lagging badly ???
  • What are your air speeds when it's working fine and when it's not working fine, could you be in a stall, high angle of attack causing too low an air speed so the elevator can not correct, but can when plane pitches down and it gathers enough air speed.
  • What payload does the A-10c have onboard and is it just too heavy for good flight dynamics.

Read this also, might be related:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2974059#post2974059

Regards, Ian.

1526094694_DCSA-10cSimcontrols.thumb.jpg.e5d70bee3c27445f6c9edbd7e09cee60.jpg

Edited by MadDog-IC

DCS Tech Support.