I need help for loading cartridge nav data

Simon1279

Hello

According to the manual after the plane startup i;

Put the cartridge inside its "hole" (deck) then on the data panel i: move the knob to REF/LOLA, then i set the IN/UT switch to IN after that i'm typing 9099 then i'm pressing LS SKU, then i switch back the IN/UT switch to out.

Once i'm airborne i get Nav error on the Right indicator/warning table

why?

thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Not TV fix (radar/flyover fix), there's a separate button in the "Navigation" category called "Reference button" in the controls list. When on the ground prior to take-off it will set your heading. You're supposed to press it once you're lined up (accurately) on the runway so the navigation system can have a solid idea of your heading.

It also picks the heading up automatically on take-off, but if there's crosswind or you're just a bit slippery during your run it won't get a good reference.

While you're in the air, the "Reference button" will update the altitude reference (shown by the 3 pairs of bars) to your current altitude.

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit but has anyone had any luck with the automatic initial fix? (EI not using the referance button.) Its suppost to be able to do the initial fix automatically when taking off but every time I've tried that I got a Nav Syst warning meaning the initial fix didnt work...

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit but has anyone had any luck with the automatic initial fix? (EI not using the referance button.) Its suppost to be able to do the initial fix automatically when taking off but every time I've tried that I got a Nav Syst warning meaning the initial fix didnt work...

Not me. I have the same trouble.

Nope, no luck! But I have to admit that my takeoffs are kinda shit. XD

Nope, no luck! But I have to admit that my takeoffs are kinda shit. XD

Well we should have a margin of at least 15° off so we'd end up in the dirt long before the NAV SYST failure appears. ;)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

The manual (p. 130) mentions ONLY a runway direction finding error as causing the NAV SYST warning. It takes into consideration the opposite runway heading, as well as the airport's other listed headings. Therefore most of us can go pretty wild on the runway and still end up with no nav error.

The thing you haven't mentioned is waiting for the information to load. I'd advice you to not set IN/OUT switch to OUT until the digit 9 has stopped flashing and displaying 000000. If the 9 stops flashing without showing 000000, that's a sign the data transfer failed (ie, blow the cartridge).

The manual (p. 130) mentions ONLY a runway direction finding error as causing the NAV SYST warning. It takes into consideration the opposite runway heading, as well as the airport's other listed headings. Therefore most of us can go pretty wild on the runway and still end up with no nav error.

I've just tested at Kobuleti. Error taking off from runway 7, but it's all right taking off from runway 25.

Not TV fix (radar/flyover fix), there's a separate button in the "Navigation" category called "Reference button" in the controls list. When on the ground prior to take-off it will set your heading. You're supposed to press it once you're lined up (accurately) on the runway so the navigation system can have a solid idea of your heading.

It also picks the heading up automatically on take-off, but if there's crosswind or you're just a bit slippery during your run it won't get a good reference.

While you're in the air, the "Reference button" will update the altitude reference (shown by the 3 pairs of bars) to your current altitude.

thank you very much works perfeclty now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

i thought u have to take off from the runway/direction shown/selected in bana/grans computer-mode inorder for the nav-system to do its thing ( cause the computer needs to know which heading it should compare the takeoff-heading to )- first two numbers show the runway, the others the heading.

i thought u have to take off from the runway/direction shown/selected in bana/grans computer-mode inorder for the nav-system to do its thing ( cause the computer needs to know which heading it should compare the takeoff-heading to )- first two numbers show the runway, the others the heading.

According to the manual (p. 130), decidedly no.

My understanding is the same as scaflight's; it does need to know what base you are actually on when taking off, but if that is set properly then it should autodetect runway heading as long as the runway is one it knows about. Perhaps some runways only exist in one direction in its database?

I got the NAVSYST warning for the first flights but after that I began to check all the data I need prior takeoff.

After punching in 9099(00) and the LS/SKU I wait till the 000000 are displayed.

Then I just put the IN/OUT to OUT on REF/LOLA and check wich Airfield the CK37 thinks I am at. (e.g. 9014)

Also I talk to the Tower wich runway he gives me and crosscheck that with what the BANA/GRÄNS tells me. Should that not be right, I hit the LS/SKU Button once to switch to the other runway.

After that I taxi out, align myself with the runway, Reference Button and off I go. Since then, no NAVSYST Warning anymore.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

CONFIRMED this in several tests:

Mission loaded with flight plan.

CK37 loaded.

REF shows 9024

The problem is that I'm at 18; it should show 9018.

So I have to go to IN, type 9018 + LS, and same for landing site 9018 + L

Once that's done, the runway alignment is correct, NAV SYST os off etc.

Note that there seems to be a secondary problem too, or if I'm not understanding this part correctly: Sometimes I'm unable to set load landing site, so after setting 9018 + L, checking on AKT POS for L, the display blinks 9018/9028. But maybe it's something else the CK is trying to tell me :)

I have this issue at Kutaisi.

Switching to BANA/GRÄNS it instantly tells me: 074014 which is fine, but after takeoff I got the NAV SYST warning.

Then I tried Batumi. Same procedure, but I got the reciprocal runway set. I left that unaltered, took off and there was no warning.

:noexpression:

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

Note that there seems to be a secondary problem too, or if I'm not understanding this part correctly: Sometimes I'm unable to set load landing site, so after setting 9018 + L, checking on AKT POS for L, the display blinks 9018/9028. But maybe it's something else the CK is trying to tell me :)

L 2 hold two different Landing Waypoints.

Primary and Secondary.

So if you have a Landing Runway Selected and you insert another one i assume the one you already had becomes the Secondary,

So what you see with those blinking numbers is its telling you your primary and secondary Landing Airfields.

First Selection of the L button should give you the Primary Landing Base (So the one you inserted) and the second press should give the directions to the Secondary (So in this case the Original Landing Site).

Or atleast that is my understanding so far might have to double check in manual but i think im correct =P.

Edited by mattebubben

If you type in 90XX into AKT/POS you change the Primary Airport with 99XX the secondary.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red