Ghost Velocity Vector inaccurate behavior

Shadow_1stVFW

Bumping this thread (and reporting Harrier bugs in general) is a bit like playing the lottery, because why not? Once in a while, you put 5$ in and who knows, maybe this time you get lucky! On that note, BUMP!

This is a bug and it is not solved.

You're not supposed to COMMENT IN THIS SECTION!!!

Just re-report the bug. Send =Decoy= a PM about it.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

You're not supposed to COMMENT IN THIS SECTION!!!

Just re-report the bug. Send =Decoy= a PM about it.

I guess this was not supposed to be moved to the "resolved bugs" section, since it obviously isn't resolved (along with a number of other bug reports...), hence the comments :music_whistling:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The FPM and GFPM are now in their correct horizontal plane.

BUT.

During a level turn, they are either above or below the horizon, depending on which side the wind is coming from, whilst still displaying 0 fpm.

Only when the wind is either fore or aft, do they sit together on the horizon.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

The FPM and GFPM are now in their correct horizontal plane.

BUT.

During a level turn, they are either above or below the horizon, depending on which side the wind is coming from, whilst still displaying 0 fpm.

Only when the wind is either fore or aft, do they sit together on the horizon.

So still it's bugged. What a surprise

It seems that way.

If you manually turn, with the FPM on the horizon, you will be in a descent and at low level will be very dangerous, especially at night.

You can rely on the FPM, when there is no wind.

BTW, It's completely different to the OP picture.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

If you manually turn, with the FPM on the horizon, you will be in a descent and at low level will be very dangerous, especially at night.

That's absolutely not how it should work. Both GFPM and FPM should provide correct vertical indication, the only difference being the beta factor. Watch this video

So this has been moved to the "resolved bugs section".

Can anyone confirm it's actually fixed? If so I'll mark it as fixed in the community bug tracker.

Thanks

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

The original bug is fixed, where the vector representations were fixed to each other in the wrong way. Now it is partially fixed. Instead it only starts to show funky things at high bank angles. So, yes, the bug of this report is fixed. But it is still not fully correct.

So this has been moved to the "resolved bugs section".

Can anyone confirm it's actually fixed? If so I'll mark it as fixed in the community bug tracker.

Thanks

It's an evolved bug.

Not the same as the original, but wrong in a different way, like a mutation.

It is incorrect at any bank angle, when a side wind is involved.

The problem is not really linked to the ghost vector now, but about the fact that the aircraft roll around the ghost vector axis instead of its longitudinal axis.

The aircraft is then unflyable with wind.

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY