53756 update causing lots of flashing when clouds on?

Aluminum Donkey

Gripe as per thread title

Anyone else getting this? It always kinda did it, but now it does it a whole lot with the newest update! Top half of screen flashes white.

Sim performance is great otherwise.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Hi, could you please provide a short video clip? You can use the Windows game bar to record a video (Win + G).

could get around to that one day I guess :)

I was just wondering if anyone else has it. No clouds seems to be no problem. Happens to me a *lot* in Normandy but happens elsewhere too.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

It may have been related to Nvidia Gamma Correction. When set to Off it barely does it.

I thought it may have been my graphics card memory overclock, but that doesn't seem to be it. Definitely seems related to Gamma Correction.

AD

Kit:

Have noticed the same issue as well since the update, but I can't say I've ever noticed it before. This is in Normandy, but that's the only map I've had a chance to fly yet.

I'll try setting the gamma correction in Nvidia to 'off' and see if it helps, thanks for posting.

Have noticed the same issue as well since the update, but I can't say I've ever noticed it before. This is in Normandy, but that's the only map I've had a chance to fly yet.

I'll try setting the gamma correction in Nvidia to 'off' and see if it helps, thanks for posting.

I noticed it a lot in Normandy as well, less so in other maps.

Gamma Correction "Off" certainly seems to have fixed it!

Peace

AD

Kit:

Have any of you had the yellow/orange flashes? I tried to save a track file, but i always get an error saying “can’t open last track” or something to that effect.

I will say though, when I get the yellow/orange flashes, it seems to be above the horizon. So maybe it is cloud related? This is on the Normandy map as well. I think it might be related to the WWII flak effects, or the new damage model effect. I can’t seem to pin it down on one specific thing.

I will try turning off the nvidia setting and see if it makes a difference.

Got that last night along with the white flashes when flying a mission (Epsom campaign in Normandy).

Looks alarmingly like a videocard overheating/dying. Glad to hear it's probably not that at least!

Naturally I forgot to try turning the off the gamma correction before I started the mission, hopefully I'll remember if I get a chance tonight.

Looks like there's an open beta update today, so maybe the issue will be gone anyway.

(edit - sorry looks like you posted while I was typing. That looks a little more dramatic than what I was seeing, but since they are 'flashes' it's hard to say. If I have time I'll fly again tonight and see what's what. Thanks for posting)

Edited by jspec3
added more info

Managed to capture a screenshot of what I'm seeing. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one seeing this. :(

This is after today's patch, .54046 and deleting FXO and Metashaders2 files.

What a mess! I've never seen something like this, but I don't own Normandy 1944. Do you have any graphic mods installed? If so, try disabling them.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team
No mods installed. Uploaded the log file and more descriptions here;

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=283756

If it is what MarcK is seeing we have it reproduced and reported

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 6 months later...
On 8/31/2020 at 5:43 PM, BIGNEWY said:

If it is what MarcK is seeing we have it reproduced and reported

thank you

any update on this?   It's been 6 months or so since this was reported and it is a complete farce to have your perfect world interrupted by it repeatedly. 

If it helps I believe in MP people see such glitches at the same time at least thats what me and my wingman have experienced.

"oh theres another one"  etc etc

Regards

Bruv

~S~

On 3/26/2021 at 4:54 PM, No.119_Bruv VK-B said:

Thanks, can't wait! 

Can you also ensure that the Mossie is released too?    😛

I know people like new stuff, and I'm looking forward to the Typhoon myself.

But, I think it would be in ED's favor to not bother with new content and improve the simulation engine instead. Fix all the graphics bugs! Flashing clouds, flickering WW2 propellers, the infamous yellow/orange/black flashing, and generally improve performance (Vulkan API!!) and just polish the sim engine overall.

There are enough bugs that people are irritated by it, and that's just no good for a video game that people have spent over a thousand bucks on over the years!

AD

Kit:

• ED Team
22 hours ago, Aluminum Donkey said:

I know people like new stuff, and I'm looking forward to the Typhoon myself.

But, I think it would be in ED's favor to not bother with new content and improve the simulation engine instead. Fix all the graphics bugs! Flashing clouds, flickering WW2 propellers, the infamous yellow/orange/black flashing, and generally improve performance (Vulkan API!!) and just polish the sim engine overall.

There are enough bugs that people are irritated by it, and that's just no good for a video game that people have spent over a thousand bucks on over the years!

AD

Different teams have different jobs, A large part of our team work constantly on core issues. 

I know its difficult to appreciate, but the teams are dealing with over 5 million lines of code, bugs will happen. 

I can confirm that the yellow flashing seems fixed internally and will be in the 2.7 patch currently planned for the 7th of April

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 3/29/2021 at 8:44 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Different teams have different jobs, A large part of our team work constantly on core issues. 

I know its difficult to appreciate, but the teams are dealing with over 5 million lines of code, bugs will happen. 

I can confirm that the yellow flashing seems fixed internally and will be in the 2.7 patch currently planned for the 7th of April

thanks

Sounds great, I wouldn't mind being able to fly WW2 dogfights without my screen turning into a rectangular disco ball.

Peace

AD

Kit: