Vista Sound Issue Solution

FVMAD

As you all know MS disabled hardware acceleration of DirectSound3D in Vista, only OpenAL was left. This brings sound problems in games which are using DS3D/EAX.

Creative released ALchemy for their soundcards, which intercepts DS3D calls and transforms into OpenAL. This solution is well known.

But now Realtek at last developed their own alternative.

Most of the built-in soundcards are made on Realtek chipsets.

So here it is 3D Sound Back Beta 0.1 mirror1 mirror2

Edited by =FV=MAD
  • Like 2

ah, who's gonna install Vista now to test if it works and see if the lound engine sound I had in Vista is now gone... thanks for the info... maybe one day (more like never) if I install Vista again (yeah right) I'll give it a go :D

No longer active in DCS...

Well its good they are working on it.

For those with Vista and needing to use OpenAL, which doesnt solve the loud engine. Here is the solution I found.

Just wrap the engine up to afterburner, and then bring it back down. Kills the excessive noise for me.

These drivers seem to have fixed it. I will say that my frame rates have sucked BIG TIME, and Im having some visual glitches like crazy too. Ill try to reinstall lockon and see if its just on my end...but it didnt do that before.

Edit: it was on my end.

Edited by hitman

• 2 weeks later...
So it does improve Lock On's sound?

I have a X-Fi+ALchemy solution - works perfectly.

3DSoundBack+RealtekHD works same way.

You just have to run this program and set root folders of games, with DS3D/EAX so it copies there DLL files which transforms DS3D calls into OpenAL.

Alchemy fixed my issues as well under vista. But that was one small step. Lockon FC has failed to often with the compatibility test, crash randomly, more over when using weather. Got tired of trying to fix this crap. The fix was Xp.:D

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Alchemy fixed my issues as well under vista. But that was one small step. Lockon FC has failed to often with the compatibility test, crash randomly, more over when using weather. Got tired of trying to fix this crap. The fix was Xp.:D

wait compatibility problems using this mod?

• 2 weeks later...

Is this sound problem in Black Shark too ,or if it's not ,will there be a patch for Lomac soon?

I use the ,3d sound back, fix .But it's still annoying when I have to throttle full afterburner and back again to get rid of afterburner sound in cockpit.

For me the bug comes back if I change view ,like F2,and press F1 ,to get back into cockpit.

[sIGPIC]sigpic49498_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Is this sound problem in Black Shark too ,or if it's not ,will there be a patch for Lomac soon?

This issue is in every game which uses DS3D/EAX under vista.

I use the ,3d sound back, fix .But it's still annoying when I have to throttle full afterburner and back again to get rid of afterburner sound in cockpit.

For me the bug comes back if I change view ,like F2,and press F1 ,to get back into cockpit.

It just means that you installed it but didn't apply to the game.

OR you have a non Realtek HD chip

• 6 months later...
As you all know MS disabled hardware acceleration of DirectSound3D in Vista, only OpenAL was left. This brings sound problems in games which are using DS3D/EAX.

Creative released ALchemy for their soundcards, which intercepts DS3D calls and transforms into OpenAL. This solution is well known.

But now Realtek at last developed their own alternative.

Most of the built-in soundcards are made on Realtek chipsets.

So here it is 3D Sound Back Beta 0.1 mirror1 mirror2

your downloads dont work its asking for FTP passwords and ip

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

thanks I had been posting for a week now on lock on forums and there was only two threads, yesterday all the lock on threads decided to show them selves...

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Also don't know if this works for XP users but this did work for me if you own a Creative Labs Sound card or on board sound in side the Creative folder is a folder ALchemy run the ALchemy icon and you can add the Direct X games giving you issues this worked for me and other games that was giving me sound issues...

:thumbup:Thanks to 169th sqdron for this fix...

Edited by Mastiff