Fatal Crash @ Formationflight

STP Dragon

Yesterday we had a squadron-training for formationflight.

... with a fatal ending...

rip.gif rip.gif rip.gif

Three Pilots died by the causes of a fatal crash!

Two of them directly in the cockpit and one drowned in a river after a emergency landing.

We want to offer the families one's condolatory.

Accident details:

"Winnie" was coming to close to "Schnarre", so Schnarre's rotorblades killed Winnie in his cockpit.

Winnie's helo climbed with 90° and breaked.

The pilot in the formation behind Winnie crashed into the "out of control" helo and died directly.

Schnarre's Helo was damaged critically and had to emergence landing.

Sadly a river was in the way....

Formationflight_001.jpg

Formationflight_002.jpg

Formationflight_003.jpg

Formationflight_004.jpg

Formationflight_005.jpg

Formationflight_006.jpg

Formationflight_007.jpg

Formationflight_008.jpg

Formationflight_009.jpg

Formationflight_010.jpg

Formationflight_011.jpg

Formationflight_012.jpg

Formationflight_013.jpg

Formationflight_014.jpg

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Ouch - that looks painful :crazy:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I think the pilots don't felt anything. The death comes to fast.

... that's what we told whose wifes...

I assume we see Schnarres helicopter at the bottom left of the first pic. 3 questions... (1) how can Schnarres helicopter-blades instantly kill a pilot in another copter and after this crash we saw (nearly?) intact blades (all lower rotortiplights were on = at least all lower rotorblades were intact)? (2) what were Schnarres problems after the crash? Heli out of control, engineproblems? (3) he was ca. 150 m(?) above ground so he had a little bit time to decide what to do and what not. Why he didn't used the ejection-seat? Are these questions already answered?

Edited by zdXu

I think the pilots don't felt anything. The death comes to fast.

... that's what we told whose wifes...

Think as the Klingons do: They died as heroes and with honor. Rust in Peace.

And for you: Live long and prosper.:inv:

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

I assume we see Schnarres helicopter at the bottom left of the first pic. 3 questions... (1) how can Schnarres helicopter-blades instantly kill a pilot in another copter and after this crash we saw (nearly?) intact blades (all lower rotortiplights were on = at least all lower rotorblades were intact)? (2) what were Schnarres problems after the crash? Heli out of control, engineproblems? (3) he was ca. 150 m(?) above ground so he had a little bit time to decide what to do and what not. Why he didn't used the ejection-seat? Are these questions already answered?

I think we will need a long and costly Investigation Board to determine these answers...

Hi zdXu:

Schnarre was the lead of the formation. You can see his helo in the 2nd and 5th picture.

formationflight005.jpg

formationflight011.jpg

One rotorblade was missing and his tail-fin too. The accidant happens at a speed of ca. 200 Km/h. Without the tail-fin his halo turned to the side. Schnarre tried to get control by decreasing speed. In this maneuver he had a rotorclash. Anyhow he don't crashed into the ground. He did a emergency landing successfully.... sadly in the river...

The helo turned upside down very quickly so a eject by the ejectseat wan't possible.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

• 1 month later...