Grass's "pit"

agrasyuk

well, its not a not really a pit, but a ted more elaborate setup then just joystick. would have loved to have a dedicated flying station and hide the keyboard somehow, but at the moment have to compromise.

TM WH+ cougar panels.

DSC_1255-vi.jpg

DSC_1305-vi.jpg

finished my rendition of toggle landing gear/ Armament-HUD/Fuel/electric panel. based on GPWIZ board + board gutted from old logiteck 3d when it run out of potentiomenters.

DSC_1315-vi.jpg

DSC_1316-vi.jpg

Edited by agrasyuk

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Looks quite cool!!! More than a start i would say...

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

thanks guys.

i'm avid simmer since "F19 stealth fighter" title. I always wanted to have a pit (and there was always something in a way). getting the TM warthog 2 moth ago was the final straw that brought me to ditch the office chair and build my car seat contraption (had pair of retractable shelves to house the X52 set beforehand). looking at works of others here was huge inspiration.

i can not boast about workmanship level, i cut to many corners. but i console myself that this is a temp solution and some day i will CNC myself a set of proper backlit panels. just need to get on and finish that CNC router project.

now i really want to make those MFD's functional and add some sort of UFC panel.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

• 1 month later...

built a PVC pipe based structure to hold the new 42" TV + an old 19" instrumentation sceen. i was so looking towards it, but i guess there are no miracles. LED,120Hz, whatever. it still has cheap picture. budget level quality demonstrated an i sertainly got what i paid for (that newegg cyber monday deal).

clipped to sides of the lower monitor is a conduitthat will support the couar frames and hide the usb wire. not final, trying out the idea so still unpainted. downloaded helios trial and couple profiles to reverse engineer, lots of learning ahead of me.

DSC_1361.thumb.jpg.12f9b75679e8b4fedd56b74cd7d32373.jpg

Anton.

My pit build thread .

well, that TV was one big piece of frustration. perhaps fine for watching movies from afar, it was just not up to close viewing. i didn't realise how low image quality can go with budget models. after two evenings and several chats with support i took it off putting my trusty 24 LCD back. completed the Cougar MFD mount and conduit, learned how to export views, started working on on UFC.

oh yeah, and made a very special wallpaper for the bottom screen :D

compsed of print-screen images of Loz's excellent Helios profile (thanks man!)

DSC_1365.thumb.jpg.0a2a2106716c7e9f32f6dc228cee6bba.jpg

Anton.

My pit build thread .

well wallpaper is no longer needed, just starting helios almost does the trick, lol

Off-topic: perhaps anyone knows comparable software for FSX?

being stuck with 1280*1024 for second monitor really reduces the ammount of options. rearanged instruments, decided that i really like to have big ADI and HSI, so i scrapped the bottom holder and cut-drill-glue-sand-fill-painted me these... hmmm, how should i name them... contraptions below.

DSC_1366-vi.jpg

DSC_1367-vi.jpg

each holds two 2bit encoders + one toggle to cage those yellow flight director lines. the bottom pair controls heading and course, while the upper will control the MFCD power and brightness. each encoder takes two inputs from GPWiz controller and processed via AHK script translating the direction impulses into a keystroke.

DSC_1369-vi.jpg

DSC_1370-vi.jpg

now i need the knobs...

deadman, you got PM

DSC_1366.thumb.jpg.d8b8798b13effc4e86d233c253cfe3b9.jpg

DSC_1367.thumb.jpg.3c52fe51688aaad27910a1b34b4db40f.jpg

DSC_1369.thumb.jpg.6110f4c320308bb0a75f3a869365dad7.jpg

Edited by agrasyuk

Anton.

My pit build thread .

• 2 weeks later...