T-90 armour seems weak

marcos

Where did you hit it? They may not have simulated armour etc. but they at least gave different parts of the tank different resistances to damage

I've uploaded the track above. Fairly much just the turret area.

I've repeated the simulation with a T-80U and can confirm that it's tougher (as it was in 1.2.0). I nailed it with a perfect 90 rounds and it was still alive. T-80 is roughly twice as tough as T-90. This seems like a bug (maybe).

I suggest that people do some experiments for themselves to confirm.

No simulated Armour and/or penetration, only a object lifebar

Incorrect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

No simulated Armour and/or penetration, only a object lifebar

So it makes no difference whether I engage the tank from behind or front?

Incorrect.

Could you please elaborate? Does the angle of attack matter? :-/ I am a bit confused due to posts in this thread...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Where you hit matters. And of course, where you hit depends a lot on how you plan your attack run. Front and turret are bad, rear is good. Top is also good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

from my recollection, the T-90 does have weaker armour than the T-80U yes newer tank but still cheaper than the T-80U series, more reliance on the jammers (Mounted on each side of the main gun tube)

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

from my recollection, the T-90 does have weaker armour than the T-80U yes newer tank but still cheaper than the T-80U series, more reliance on the jammers (Mounted on each side of the main gun tube)

As I understand it the T-80U is the 'pimped-out' version of the T-80 and has Kontakt 5 ERA but the T-90 is just the base model of the T-90 range.

The T-90MS has the new Relikt armour, which is allegedly twice as effective as Kontakt 5. I guess DCS World has to wait a while for that.

Edited by marcos

then what is the sence of the T-90 in the CA?? T-90 vs T-80U?? what is the diference in the CA??

The T-90 will be killed quicker by intermediate calibre fire.:D

I have noticed that the armour is at more of an angle on the T-90, so maybe this will reflect KE rounds better, or maybe not.

then what is the sence of the T-90 in the CA?? T-90 vs T-80U?? what is the diference in the CA??

The sense of it?

It adds another tank - one that has a couple hundred units in service.

New tanks doesn't necessarily have to be "old tank + fatter armor", not in reality and thus not in the simulator.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The sense of it?

It adds another tank - one that has a couple hundred units in service.

New tanks doesn't necessarily have to be "old tank + fatter armor", not in reality and thus not in the simulator.

I mean, we know the T-55 have:

Armour: 203 mm turret, 99 mm hull, LOS = ~200 mmMain

armament: D-10T 100 mm rifled gunSecondary

armament: 7.62 mm SGMT coaxial machine gun, (12.7 mm DShK heavy machine gun)

Engine: Model V-55 12-cyl. 38.88-l diesel

581 hp (433 kW)

The T-72:

Armour: steel and composite armourMain

armament: 125 mm 2A46M smoothbore gunSecondary

armament: 7.62 mm PKT coax machine gun, 12.7 mm NSVT antiaircraft machine gun

Engine: V-12 diesel 840 hp (630 kW

guided missile: 9M119 Svir

The T-80U:

Armour: T-80U turret 780mm vs APFSDS 1,320mm VS HEAT [7], K5 explosive reactive armour

Main armament: 125 mm 2A46-2 smoothbore gun,[10] 2A46M-1 with 45 rounds T-80U

9M119 Refleks ATGM, 6 missiles T-80U[6]

Secondary armament: 7.62 mm PKT coax MG, 12.7 mm NSVT or PKT antiaircraft MG

Engine: GTD-1250 turbine T-80U, 1,250 hp T-80U[6

guided missile: 9M119 Refleks

T-90( We dont know wich variant, I guess the " A " variant ):

Armor: Steel-composite-reactive blendvs APFSDS: 700-800 with Kontakt-5 = 830-950mm; vs HEAT: 780-1000 with Kontakt-5 = 1,350–1,650mm[2]

Main armament: 125 mm smoothbore gun with ATGM capability.

Secondary armament: 7.62 mm PKT coaxial machine gun, 12.7 mm NSV anti-aircraft gun, 12.7 mm Kord machine gun

Engine: Model 84 V-84 12-cyl. diesel

840 hp (618 kW) for V-84 12-cyl. diesel engine

guided missile: 9M119 Refleks

So we can see here the only big different betwen the T-80U and T-90 " A variant " is the power motor. But we know the Kontakt-5 even installed in a T-72 is a powerfull explosive reactive armor, so what conection have the power engine when we talk about the survival against another tank ammo.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So we can see here the only big different betwen the T-80U and T-90 " A variant " is the power motor. But we know the Kontakt-5 even installed in a T-72 is a powerfull explosive reactive armor, so what conection have the power engine when we talk about the survival against another tank ammo.

Mobility plays a big part in tank survivability.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Mobility plays a big part in tank survivability.

of course, but not matter when you have been already hit from other tank and your tank have a good armor. The speed is important to escape of a threat or have a good maneuverability, but not in the armor resistence.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]