[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

I have to question your centre viewport aspect ratio though, compare it to Loz's

Then again " if it ain't broke......."

In Lua file, instead of numbers, you can enter a division, multiplication, addition..

In my ratio, I have set 1920/1080 that is the same that 1.77777777777778

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed my prob :-) Thanks all for the many posts ... helped to read through them.

Edited by Triangle99

P45 Platinum, Q9550 @ 3.33Ghz, HD6970 w/2gb, X-Fi Titanium PCIE, 4gb RAM, ANTEC 1000watt PSU, Lian Li PC-A71 case, Win7 64bit, CH Throttle and Fighterstick, Saitek Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro, 3 x Samsung SyncMaster 2443

• 2 weeks later...

Simplified instrument LUA changes

Hi everyone. I went through the process of implementing Helios for DCS:A-10 on my touchscreen, using Loz's Helios profile as the basis. All the information proved to be quite straight forward to follow, but I found that the scripting changes for the instrument exports seemed rather complex and inconsistent. After analysing it, I came up with the following, which seems to work in all the cases I have tried (CMSC, CMSP, ALR69V, CLOCK, UHF status, UHF preset & UHF repeater).

In each case, in the XXX_init.lua script (under Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\XXX\indicator), I add the following lines just after the last "dofile" command at the start of the script:

--- MB customisation: ---
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
render_target_always = false
purposes 	 = {render_purpose.GENERAL,render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}
try_find_assigned_viewport("AN_ALR69V_SCREEN")
--- end customisation ---

Of course, in each case the argument specified to "try_find_assigned_viewport" is changed to the appropriate viewport set in your MonitorLayout for that instrument.

I then just check the rest of the script for any other lines assigning a value to "purposes", and comment them out (put "---" at the start of the line).

And that seems to be it - all seems to work nicely (at least, for my setup - no guarantees!)

• 2 weeks later...

HUD extraction to an external monitor

Hi everybody I could really use some help extracting the HUD from the cockpit to external monitor...I am currently using early a-10 version ( 7 or 8 ) and i managed to place the mfd screens where desired but I cant extract the HUD display at all...did anyone managed ? I would appreciate the LUA scripts :helpsmilie:

thanx

HELP!!!

Hey Guys, looking for some help figuring out this issue. I am running 6 monitors and my specs are below. I have 3 27" monitors in eyefinity, I have 2 24" monitors on the sides with touch screen overlays on them and a 19" center lower monitors with my MFDs. As you can see in the pictures I have successfully extracted all the screens except for the left 24" monitor. It should be displaying my UHF channel and preset screens. Im not sure what im doing wrong, I got everything else working great, but I can't get anything to display on that far left monitor, just stays in extended desktop. I have my in game screen resolution set to 7920x2130 with the auto ratio set and attached below is pictures of what im talking about and my monitorsetup .lua file. Any suggestions....? You can see on the helios profile picture where im trying to put it... Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

My .lua file

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('DCS');

Description = 'DCS';

Viewports =

-- Put your values in , and delete all exports that you don't want to use !

-- You will have to determine the area for the MP/SP GUI

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5760;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 5.3333333333;

}

}

GUI=

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 800;

height = 600;

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 2068;

y = 1137;

width = 458;

height = 458;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3190;

y = 1143;

width = 456;

height = 456;

}

CMSC_SCREEN =

{

x = 6414;

y = 55;

width = 355;

height = 100;

}

CMSP_SCREEN =

{

x = 5811;

y = 20;

width = 334;

height = 81;

}

RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = 2031;

y = 1844;

width = 269;

height = 269;

}

DIGIT_CLOCK =

{

x = 2859;

y = 1966;

width = 138;

height = 138;

}

UHF_REPEATER =

{

x = 2635;

y = 1989;

width = 175;

height = 70;

}

CDU_SCREEN =

{

x = 5888;

y = 885;

width = 301;

height = 250;

}

UHF_PRESET_CHANNEL =

{

x = -216;

y = 950;

width = 41;

height = 41;

}

UHF_FREQUENCY_STATUS =

{

x = -200;

y = 885;

width = 145;

height = 30;

}

UIMainView = GUI

2012-04-23_07-33-33_143.thumb.jpg.c9f39ae066913c8a987fe5e20cbc878b.jpg

download.jpg.0d8127521ef58ef8ba140c4f3d3bd887.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Windows 7 64bit | i7 3960x oc'd 4.8 GHz | Asus Rampage IV Formula | 4 x 8 GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 | ASUS 7970-DC2-3GD5 | Asus Xonar DX | Corsair H100 | OCZ Vertex 2 x 120 GB SSD RAID-0 | 3 x ASUS 27" monitors Eyefinity | 2 x ASUS 24" monitors w/touchscreen overlays | ViewSonic 22" TouchScreen Monitor | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Logitech G19 | Logitech G9x Mouse | Astro A40 headset | ButtKicker Gamer 2 | SoftTH x64 | Loz's Helios Profile |

Your left monitor can not be on the left of the main screen. IE. no monitors left of x=0.

I have a setup where I run 4080x2160 with 4 monitors. Below is a pic of what the monitor config looks like in order to get all the exports...including the UHF and preset. In the picture monitor number 3 is actually on my physical left but in order to export it has to be to the right of #1.

Link here to a pic of my pit

MonSetup.jpg.486fc3f20053009cd48946efa29aac31.jpg

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Your left monitor can not be on the left of the main screen. IE. no monitors left of x=0.

.. or simply use the phantom monitor fix. This script will "pull" a windowed output to the most left possible position - even if it is left of X=0 / not your primary screen.

attachment on the bottom of this post >>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37983

This is based on the assumption that your far left monitor is on the same hight as your primary screen - a picture of your desktop properties would sure come handy to analyse your problem better if the phantom monitor-fix isn't working.

And BTW:

You should have a look at SoftTH if you suffer from very low fps - this will allow you to run DCS in fullscreen-mode while using Helios.

But I wouldn't expect a high boost with your XFX HD 7970 by using SoftTH- maybe 10% or even a little more if optimized wisely - as your GPU is definitely not your bottleneck.

Edited by PeterP

Thanks Airdog and PeterP, I tried what you said Airdog and it worked perfectly. But then I read your post PeterP and now you got me thinking about FPS and what not. My far left and right monitors are set to the same height as my primary (eyefinity) monitor. I think I'll see how it performs as is, not sure if I can handle falling farther down the rabbit hole with phantom fixes and software I havent mess with yet. Thanks Again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Windows 7 64bit | i7 3960x oc'd 4.8 GHz | Asus Rampage IV Formula | 4 x 8 GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 | ASUS 7970-DC2-3GD5 | Asus Xonar DX | Corsair H100 | OCZ Vertex 2 x 120 GB SSD RAID-0 | 3 x ASUS 27" monitors Eyefinity | 2 x ASUS 24" monitors w/touchscreen overlays | ViewSonic 22" TouchScreen Monitor | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Logitech G19 | Logitech G9x Mouse | Astro A40 headset | ButtKicker Gamer 2 | SoftTH x64 | Loz's Helios Profile |

Hey PeterP, Hows that phantommonitorfix work. It looks like it was created for Blackshark and I just can't seem to rap my head around it. I am going to be looking to boost my FPS, guess ill be going down the rabbit hole, let me have the red pill....err wait...is it the green pill....i forget...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi StageFright,

do you think that I post a solution to your problem only because I enjoy posting in this forum so much....:music_whistling:

Hey PeterP, Hows that phantommonitorfix work. It looks like it was created for Blackshark and I just can't seem to rap my head around it.

I'm sad to read that you didn't even took the time to try it out. (about 1min + DCS loading time , probably shorter than typing your question...)

Its only downloading and one click on the exe to start it (you can even start it while DCS-Simulation screen is already running!

But instead doing the first step you already head over to the next...:huh::smilewink:

I am going to be looking to boost my FPS, guess ill be going down the rabbit hole, let me have the red pill....err wait...is it the green pill....i forget

Using this script would make it obsolete to rearrange your whole desktop and Helios profile.

The PhantomMonitorFix don't cares at all which DCS version you are running.

Here , only for you:

PMFwithoutDCSA10.jpg

PMFwithDCSA10.jpg

BTW - Phantom monitor fix is now attached to this post.

PhantomMonitorFix.zip

Edited by PeterP

Well now that I feel like a complete douche, I'll simple say thanks for the help and let you know I got it all work.

Thanks again PeterP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hello and thanks for the great work in this thread!

I got every working on a 2. second monitor using helios.

Only problem left: the simplified radio-command are also on the second monitor (and covered by helios). Is there a way to move them back to primary screen.

On mission startup, menue is in the right position (left monitor) but when using '#' for radio, the menue with the radio-options is wrong position.

Thanks

Marcus

+1 leepara

Icemaker may you post your solution to enable others to complete it

I´m not sure about leepara´s solution, you can see reflections of the tft in the upper left corner(2nd image) might be a fake