A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification

A 10 Mission Campaign that covers Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification in the A-10C Warthog.

The A-10C Pilot Qualification Course has the following phases

Phase 1: Academic Classes and Pre-Flight Training

Phase 2: Basic Flight Training Qualification

Phase 3: Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification

Phase 4: Tactical Training Qualification

Phase 1 gives you Initial Qualification Training (IQT) and is a pre-requisite for Phase 2. Hopefully you have completed Phase 1 and are familiar with the A-10C aircraft systems and instruments. If not, please read the A-10C Flight Manual before continuing.

Phase 2 gives you Basic Aircraft Qualification (BAQ).

It is a pre-requisite for Phase 3. It is recommended that you complete that phase before proceeding to Phase 3.

Phase 3 makes you Basic Mission Capable (BAC). It is a pre-requisite for Phase 4.

Phase 4 makes you Combat Mission Ready (CMR). This is necessary before proceeding on any real combat missions.

The goal of the A-10C Pilot Qualification Course is to prepare Cadets for combat operations flying the A-10C in a number of mission roles. Commanders require pilots with the skills and training necessary to be successful on the battlefield.

Each Phase of training will contain individual Performance Objectives (POs) that must be met to pass the course. Performance Checks (PCs) will be used to determine if you have met the requirements of the PO.

Following each flight (known as a Check Ride) your Flight Examiner (FE) will rate you using one of the following proficiency levels as directed in A/OA-10 – Aircrew Evaluation Criteria: AFI11-2A-OA-10V2:

Qualified (Q): Performance is correct. Quickly recognizes and corrects errors.

Qualified Minus (Q-): Performance is safe, but indicates limited proficiency. Makes errors of omission or commission.

Unqualified (U): Performance is unsafe or indicates lack of knowledge or ability.

In addition for any flight missions:

Qualified (Q): Altitude +/- 200 feet, Airspeed +/- 5%, Course +/- 5 degrees / 3 NM (whichever is greater)

Qualified Minus (Q-): Altitude +/- 300 feet, Airspeed +/- 10%, Course +/- 10 degrees / 5 NM (whichever is greater)

Unqualified (U): Exceeded Q- limits

Phase 3 - Advanced Aircraft Training has the following stages:

Advanced Flight Training Stage

AFT01 - Air to Air Refueling Day

AFT02 - Air to Air Refueling Night

AFT03 - Countermeasures and Threat Avoidance

AFT04 - Target Area Ingress Preparation

AFT05 - Illumination Flare Employment

Air to Air Combat Stage:

AAT06 - AA Gun and Missile Employment

Surface Attack Stage:

AAT07 - Gun & Rocket Employment

AAT08 - Unguided Bomb Employment

AAT09 - Guided Bomb Employment

AAT10 - Missile Employment

At the completion of this phase you will be considered Basic Mission Capable (BMC).

Good luck Stud. You are going to need it!

V1.0 Notes:

This is Part A, you will need Part B as well for the full campaign.

File includes a printable A-10C Amplified Checklist pdf in A5 format.

You will need to install a license and purchase a mission key to install these missions.

A mission key can be purchased for $4.99 USD at http://mapleflagmissions.ca

Select the “Request a License or Mission Key” link for details.

Your Mission Key will work for both Part A and Part B of the campaign.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Uhh, I guess that means I'd better go finish up my BFT then :blush:

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

• 2 months later...

I have now finished the BFT

and had a lot of immersion feeling and learning effects so far

Thank you at this point

really great work :thumbup:

now i get the AAT and hope it is so good elaborated like the BFT ;)

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 2 months later...

Sabre, I'm speechless!!! Today, I went for the unguided bomb training, and just as I got carried away looking for targets at WP4, I strayed off range!!! PO terminated!

I'm really happy with the campaign, and I'm getting improved with my bombing skills thanks to you. In his campaign, you feel like a real A-10 pilot. I commend you on such work. God bless!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 1 month later...

Just flew the AAT07 - Gun & Rocket Employment mission. Awesome work Sabre that is quite an awesome mission. Whats missing UHF radio freq for the range and VHF radio freq for flight as far as I can see unless the range uses VHF.:thumbup:

BTW my problem is 500ft is to high a restriction it would be nice to have it at 100ft min altitude for me lol.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Flew AFT04 - Target Area Ingress Preparation and found theres a bug, for some reason in Train mode the CCRP does not show up on the HUD. So I'm reporting it as a bug, also it does not save your profile for RPL PRS 4.:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

Current Problem with AFT03 - Countermeasures and Threat Avoidance.

The recent 1.2.7 update has changed some of the AI behavior and this mission is currently not playable due to an unexpected traffic jam on the airport taxiways :(

We have a fix and are making a few other minor adjustments.

A new version (V1.2) will be available for download shortly.

We will also update the Advanced Aircraft Training Campaign (including the OpenBeta version) to include the new updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks.

Sorry not yet. The ILS really needs to be fixed in the game engine.

I have not found a way to change the weather in mission - maybe that should be a feature request?

Have you checked out this thread?

Or this one? They have some discussion about the ILS but I agree it looks to be troublesome at some airports.

I'll do more investigation and if we can find a workable solution I'll update the mission file to support it.

I appreciate your patience with this issue on AFT02.

I tried a number of different things today (changing the weather, adding a new plane to the mission, etc) to no effect. I don't want to change the weather as it adds to the drama of a night time refueling.

I have no idea why the ILS at Kobuleti is messed up in the mission. It's the same in the practice mission too (which is no real surprise as the practice mission was built after the original).

Short of a line by line code walk thru I have come up with a workaround that will allow the mission to complete if the player lands successfully.

ILS does work at other airports so the solution is to divert to another airfield.

I've updated the triggers in my test mission and they appear to work so I should have a fix out shortly.

• Like 1

V1.2 uploaded and ready for download!

Some minor fixes to all missions but mostly correcting AFT02 ILS landing issue and AFT03's traffic jam on takeoff.

Also includes the completed Amplified Checklist which has all emergency procedures now documented and additional charts and graphs.

AAT Part A

AAT Part B

OpenBeta Version was also updated to V1.2 available here:

OpenBeta AAT Part A

OpenBeta AAT Part B

Your existing Mission Key and password can be used to install the updated files.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Neil but i already own that campaign from Maple Flag, i was asking about the latest release which focuses more on engagements and tactical planning in the hog. So far only part A is available for download.