Autonomous CAP and GCI AI fighter script

SNAFU

Exactly what i was thinking, Stonehouse, but I haven't any idea how to adjust it to work. Unfortunately, i've become quite dependent on the script to the point where i literally have no missions to host atm.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm flat out with a software release for work this week and next (at work now on Sat since 8am with a 9pm go-no go time and ditto tomorrow) so while I have the odd moment to check the forum while waiting for stuff to migrate I don't have time or indeed access to DCS this weekend (lol funny how employers don't appreciate flight sims properly hey?) to check. Perhaps someone can create a quick check script to see if getAirbases is working still or if the returned values have changed. That at least will narrow the scope of investigation. No idea if lukrop still comes by to look after his version of the script or not but perhaps also PM him. Does it work on 1.5.5? It might need an interim 2.0.4 version.

See here Invisibull

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2958124&postcount=1150

I think that the internal base names do not match the name shown on the map so when you set up the trigger names they are not the real base names and therefore the script doesn't find any GCICAP designated bases and will not generate flights. Perhaps between you, Grimes and Sierra99 you can confirm or deny this theory. If you can't do a script to dump the base names then you can use the attached miz at the above link and just make every base a red coalition base and you'll get a list on screen of the internal names. Heading off to crash, a very long Sunday in the office today.

OK I can confirm that the internal names are the issue. using "TonopathAFB" And "nellis" for the trigger zones the script works as advertised. Appears to be case sensitive too.

Creech

groom

TonopathAFB

TonopahAirport

LasVegas

nellis

BeattyAirport

BoulderCityAirport

EchoBayAirport

HendersonExecutiveAirport

JeanAirport

LaughlinAirport

LincolnCountyAirport

MesquiteAirport

MinaAirport_3Q0

NorthLasVegasAirport

Sierra 99

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Great Job, gents. Working perfectly again.

It might be working perfectly but this shouldn't be the final solution. Can somebody point this out to the appropriate folks at ED and see if a more elegant solution is planned?

(It seems to be doable since prior to the update, "nellis" was "Nellis AFB" and "groom" was "Groom Lake")

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

OK I can confirm that the internal names are the issue. using "TonopathAFB" And "nellis" for the trigger zones the script works as advertised. Appears to be case sensitive too.

Creech

groom

TonopathAFB

TonopahAirport

LasVegas

nellis

BeattyAirport

BoulderCityAirport

EchoBayAirport

HendersonExecutiveAirport

JeanAirport

LaughlinAirport

LincolnCountyAirport

MesquiteAirport

MinaAirport_3Q0

NorthLasVegasAirport

Sierra 99

Guys I tried the script for "MesquiteAirport" and "BoulderCityAirport" and it seems it doesn't work. I tried original names "Boulder City Airport" and "Mesquite" as well but it didn't work as well. Eventually the game crashes. EWRS works flawlessly meanwhile CTLD seems to work only for Red side.

Edited by Panthir

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

It has to be loaded after Mist. For me it does work loaded as third after CTLD and EWRS.

We are talking about 1.5.5

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

Definitely needs to be the airbase names recognised internally. Without seeing the mission I would probably check there are no leading or trailing spaces in the trigger zone names and that you definitely have the case etc correct for the name. Don't quite understand your later comment about 1.5.5??

The NTTR map only works under DCS 2.x. and the NTTR airbase names have no relevance to 1.5.5.

Thank you. I just wanted to clarify a previews post that my state about working scripts was reffering to a 1.5.5 mission.

Definitely needs to be the airbase names recognised internally. Without seeing the mission I would probably check there are no leading or trailing spaces in the trigger zone names and that you definitely have the case etc correct for the name. Don't quite understand your later comment about 1.5.5??

The NTTR map only works under DCS 2.x. and the NTTR airbase names have no relevance to 1.5.5.

This is also posted on lukrops github project page:

DCS World 1.5.5 Stable

CAP disabled, only GCI enabled for blue

Blue GCI flights spawn in correctly (spawn type set to "parking") but do not move, never take off.

The only trigger zone related to this script in the mission is a GCI Airodrome marker trigger zone over Kobuleti.

This happens randomly. Restart the mission and all of a sudden it's working, restart and it might not be working again. When it works, it works all the way. When it doesn't work, blue GCI flights spawn in but remain on parking and never rolls out. It appear as there's a problem with task-handling with the script and/or DCS. The same issue sometimes happen with 3 other "normal" flights I have set in the mission editor. Two tankers and an AWACS. They don't roll out from parking sometimes in the mission start, though this issue happens much less frequently than the GCI flights issue. The tanker/awacs issue is offcourse not related to the script, but maybe there's an issue with flight tasking at start/spawn in DCS in general?

Anyone know why this might be happening?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Well, I managed to make it work, not completely yet. By accident, we discovered that Mig21 AI is a kind of problem in Nevada. So we changed them to Mig29s and F16A. Now only one AI appears on each side when the mission starts. They appear in the end of RWY, instead of the parking area, they start up but they never taxi or take off.

Double check your template aircraft and make sure they have fuel and are correctly named with no leading or trailing blank spaces in the name. Other than that I don't know and you might have to eventually post up your mission. I'll be on vacation from tomorrow for a while so hopefully other people who use the script regularly can help you.

If it is a script issue then you'll need to PM lukrop. I believe does something along the lines of spawning the aircraft group, waits a short period like 3 secs and then assigns the flight path to the group. It was to get around a DCS quirk at the time I seem to recall. Possibly a set of waypoints is never assigned to the spawned group.

This is also posted on lukrops github project page:

DCS World 1.5.5 Stable

CAP disabled, only GCI enabled for blue

Blue GCI flights spawn in correctly (spawn type set to "parking") but do not move, never take off.

The only trigger zone related to this script in the mission is a GCI Airodrome marker trigger zone over Kobuleti.

This happens randomly. Restart the mission and all of a sudden it's working, restart and it might not be working again. When it works, it works all the way. When it doesn't work, blue GCI flights spawn in but remain on parking and never rolls out. It appear as there's a problem with task-handling with the script and/or DCS. The same issue sometimes happen with 3 other "normal" flights I have set in the mission editor. Two tankers and an AWACS. They don't roll out from parking sometimes in the mission start, though this issue happens much less frequently than the GCI flights issue. The tanker/awacs issue is offcourse not related to the script, but maybe there's an issue with flight tasking at start/spawn in DCS in general?

Anyone know why this might be happening?

FYI, I have it installed and running on the NTTR map with no issues. I have BLUE spawning at "nellis" and RED spawning at "Tonopath" and 4 trigger zones for each side using the following files.

TAC_NTTR_V.2.0.4_MASTER.miz

mist_4_3_74.lua

TAC_NTTR_V.2A_GCICAP_SCRIPT.lua

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

• 3 weeks later...

FYI I have seen reports of problems with this script on another forum. Mission in question works prior to the last patch but doesn't afterwards - I think the person is using the beta but I am not sure (I've asked the question but haven't heard back). The issue seems to be getGroup is not working for the template aircraft. The error seen is that the getName in line 1513 fails. However I can see in lukrop's code that a Unit.getbyName works ok for the template aircraft in question so at present the theory is that getGroup is working differently for late activation units after the patch. If others are seeing the same issue then possibly a bug was introduced by the patch.

template_group = mist.getGroupData(template_unit:getGroup():getName())

1. DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\ss\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00000C21"]:980: Group doesn't exist
  2. stack traceback:
  3. [C]: ?
  4. [C]: in function 'getName'
  5. [string "C:\Users\ss\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00000C21"]:980: in function 'f'
  6. [string "C:\Users\ss\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00000C21"]:1534: in function 'onEvent'
  7. [string "Scripts/World/EventHandlers.lua"]:13: in function <[string "Scripts/World/EventHandlers.lua"]:11>

getGroup pulls from the units group name does it not?

I have not had any of these problems and went in to retest in beta but also noted the temple name for this script should be the pilots name not group name.

I did get that msg to pop up when I didn't have the __CAP__ set but had it _CAP_

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2992017&postcount=1167

Grimes (AKA Winston Wolf) is on it. :smartass:

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Def there is a bug in getGroup, the script successfully passes a built in error/warning (ie something to help you spot where you haven't named a template correctly) a few lines before the

template_group = mist.getGroupData(template_unit:getGroup():getName())

line is executed and therefore you know that a badly named template aircraft is not the reason for the error. Pretty sure it will get fixed relatively quickly as it is causing problems in paid DLC campaigns as mentioned in other threads.

It should have been fixed in this latest patch. Most of those bugs were all related to the same core problem.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum