i recently purchased the p51 in prep for DCS-ww2, but will it work in DCS-ww2

rootango

with the DCS-ww2 sim being released later this year, i recently purchased the p51 (and another DCS product) in preparation, so i could get used to the flight models and detailed procedures

but i now noticed in another thread on this forum that the older DCS planes will not be compatible with the ww2 world (which seems an odd decision)

anybody know what DCS's official position is, will the current p51 work in dcs-ww2 released later this year ?

The decision not to start world war three was not taken in the Kremlin or White House, but in the sweltering control room of a russian submarine being depth charged by US destroyers during the Cuban missile crisis. In response Captain Valentin Savitsky ordered the B-59's ten kiloton nuclear torpedo to target the aircraft carrier USS Randolf,which would have been vaporised. This launch required the consent of all three Russian senior officers aboard, and only Vasili Arkhipov refused permission.

with the DCS-ww2 sim being released later this year, i recently purchased the p51 (and another DCS product) in preparation, so i could get used to the flight models and detailed procedures

but i now noticed in another thread on this forum that the older DCS planes will not be compatible with the ww2 world (which seems an odd decision)

anybody know what DCS's official position is, will the current p51 work in dcs-ww2 released later this year ?

During the kickstarter it was said that the 190 and p-51 from DCS World will be flyable in DCS WWII. It is also my understanding that any DCS WWII plane can be flown in DCS World. But everything is subject to change, right...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

Well, the big things looks to be the terrain. Players without DCS WWII wouldn't have access to all of the peripheral stuff of the DCS WWII environment (map, vehicles, etc.). So it will probably be that you will, indeed, be able to use ANY aircraft you own in the WWII environment (provided you own DCS WWII), it just wouldn't be very immersive. Sort of like the setup we have now, except backwards.

A-10C's shooting at T-34's..

Okay, somebody is definitely going to re-make "The Final Countdown" when an F-14 gets released.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

everything said on topic i think, so....

A-10C's shooting at T-34's..

... would be interesting to have t-34's in france/normandy ;)

more likely A-10C's shooting at Tiger tanks ;)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

regards,

RR

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

regards,

RR

If you want to see one you can go to the Caen's museum :music_whistling:

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

everything said on topic i think, so....

regards,

RR

In my version of WWII, Russia Invaded France. :P

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I really hope you'd be able to fly modern equipment in the WW2 environment. The years of being stuck in Georgia mean that having a new theatre and not being able to explore it in whatever I wanted would just be... unfair.

It would also mean that some servers could become absurd combinations of old and new, but I think that part of the joy of sandbox gaming/simming is the freedom to imagine it how you please.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I bet the Huey would be fun - miniguns & rockets!

Win 10, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra with i5 9600KF @ 4.6GHz, 32G DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 1070, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog stick on VPC Warbird base, Warthog Throttle for jets & helis, CH Throttle Quadrant for props, CH Pro Pedals, 500GB SSDs for installed sims :gun_smilie:

I bet the Huey would be fun - miniguns & rockets!

The Huey in Normandy 1944? Yah, why not for excrement & giggles for a couple of times, but... ARRRRGH

Yah, not mandatory, I know. *PHEWWWW*

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

During the kickstarter it was said that the 190 and p-51 from DCS World will be flyable in DCS WWII. It is also my understanding that any DCS WWII plane can be flown in DCS World. But everything is subject to change, right...

i remember it the other way around (an official forum post from one of the DCS reps stating that planes from one ww2 world would not be flyable in the other scenery maps), but hope i am wrong.

The decision not to start world war three was not taken in the Kremlin or White House, but in the sweltering control room of a russian submarine being depth charged by US destroyers during the Cuban missile crisis. In response Captain Valentin Savitsky ordered the B-59's ten kiloton nuclear torpedo to target the aircraft carrier USS Randolf,which would have been vaporised. This launch required the consent of all three Russian senior officers aboard, and only Vasili Arkhipov refused permission.

• ED Team
i remember it the other way around (an official forum post from one of the DCS reps stating that planes from one ww2 world would not be flyable in the other scenery maps), but hope i am wrong.

Its a little murky on how it will all tie in together, but from my understanding, the will be compatible between both.

BUT

If I was a gambling man, I would say there will end up being some differences between the two (but possible the key still will be cross-compatible?), thinking about flying in modern times and then flying in the 40's... but we will have to wait and see when they get closer to having the WWII core up and running.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You should find and link to posts when you claim people said things. Here are some relevant posts, which contradict your statement.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1855109&postcount=521

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1855180&postcount=555 (also, make sure you install everything together twice lol)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1855248&postcount=587

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 Thanks for finding those post. I know I read something about it on the Kickstarter home page but I think it has been revised since I was unable to find any statement that related to these post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

You should find and link to posts when you claim people said things.

if i had remembered the location and content of the older post i refereed to, i wouldnt have needed to start a new thread to ask what other people knew about it :)

that is good news, both wags and luthier seem to indicate in those comments that all current DCS aircraft will be compatible for the new ww2 world (and hopefully vice versa)

Edited by rootango
computer says NO !!

Ive read the 3 posts posted by vincentlaw, but now im wonderinhg how the merging would be?? Im not the greatest in PC world xD.

when speaking of merging do people mean that DCS:WWII (and all the planes/module's) is being installed in the DCS W root folder?? or how (if it is all going to be compatible) will it be merged into eachother and whats up with the install everything twice. :P

AKA Bambi

Saitek X52 pro, TIR 5, and saving up for Pedals

BF109 K4

FW 190D-9

P-51D

F86F Sabre

UH-1H Huey

MI 8MTV2

FC3