Information on PVI800 system.

TaliG

Is there any training manual or video on PVI800?

Info on how to use it in the current (and previous BS1) manual is next to nothing.

Any informational documents will be appreciated. I know that it is not fully simulated but some more information on how to use it would be nice from the devs or the more ''involved'' :).

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

manual only explains the butons.

Of Course noone use the pvi800 we all know how to fight , go to and come out from the battle, but I bet no one knows the ''depth'' of this system which is something like the CDU of the A10c.

I thought it's pretty well documented. Anything I needed for basic navigation can be found in the manual. The thing is pretty simple in the end.

Plus, Youtube still seems to have good tutorial videos.

I bet you never use it ? plus there is no any tutorial on the PVI800 on youtube, and I fly the aligator from day one ;)

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I bet no one knows the ''depth'' of this system which is something like the CDU of the A10c.

It's much simpler. It's nothing like a true flight management system with a vast database of navaids, vnav, flight performance calculation etc. You have the ABRIS for that.

I bet you never use it ?

Can't say for Griffin, but I use it all the time and I believe the manual is adequate. It explains how to switch between waypoints and follow a route, how to input data both manually and with the help of the targeting system, and how to correct your position in flight. The different display modes and interactions with other systems are also described.

plus there is no any tutorial on the PVI800 on youtube, and I fly the aligator from day one ;)

Wags' Producer's Note #4 covers the navigation systems of the Ka-50. It's more of an overview than a tutorial but there's a wealth of information in it.

It's much simpler. It's nothing like a true flight management system with a vast database of navaids, vnav, flight performance calculation etc. You have the ABRIS for that.

Can't say for Griffin, but I use it all the time and I believe the manual is adequate. It explains how to switch between waypoints and follow a route, how to input data both manually and with the help of the targeting system, and how to correct your position in flight. The different display modes and interactions with other systems are also described.

Wags' Producer's Note #4 covers the navigation systems of the Ka-50. It's more of an overview than a tutorial but there's a wealth of information in it.

Thank you for you reply, , how can we align this thing though in flight? the note 4 is an overall systems working , not a ''how to use it''.

I am sure that pvi800 is a lot more than the manual and wags note 4 sews.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

The "Helicopter Coordinate Corrections" chapter on page 10-31 of the Black Shark 2 manual describes the procedure. I don't know if INU drift has been implemented by ED, and thus if it makes sense to perform the correction, but the procedure is there.

The PVI-800, like most of the systems on board the Ka-50, is really rather simple if not a bit crude. If you have any specific questions, ask them and we'll try to help, but I think you're expecting the system to be more than it really is. If you want to do more complex navigation and flight planning, use the ABRIS.

• Like 1

The "Helicopter Coordinate Corrections" chapter on page 10-31 of the Black Shark 2 manual describes the procedure. I don't know if INU drift has been implemented by ED, and thus if it makes sense to perform the correction, but the procedure is there.

The PVI-800, like most of the systems on board the Ka-50, is really rather simple if not a bit crude. If you have any specific questions, ask them and we'll try to help, but I think you're expecting the system to be more than it really is. If you want to do more complex navigation and flight planning, use the ABRIS.

Good info, yes 1031 says about how to realign, I mean general info for the overall system.

aligning is just a scratch :)

Thanks for the heads up anyway ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

JTAC for KA-50 is probably the most useful thing you can do with the PVI800

you need this mod for it to work.

• Like 1

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Cheers, nice mod and use of the pvi :thumbup: but there MUst be more :D

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

What exactly are you expecting or missing? The built-in Tetris app? :o)

:D thx for the help guys!

I managed to enable space invaders game on it last night because tetris was boring :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• 2 months later...

I fail in powering the PVI-800 up. Aircraft is started, both engines and generators running, governors are on auto, K-041 is activated, ПНK-switch on the wall panel and ИКВ on rear panel are on. Dial on the PVI-800 panel is turned out of ОТКЛ to РАБ.

Display of PVI-800 remains dark. brightness dial also tested of course...

are there any common mistakes I do here?

Reading the manual I expect the Rubicon to display coordinates when in РАБ mode. Also pressing any key doesn't light up selected key. The left dial should bring the PVI-800 to live when turned out of the ОТКЛ-position. Which it doesn't do here.

The left dial should bring the PVI-800 to live when turned out of the ОТКЛ-position.

Where did you get this from?

After you turn the rotary to РАБ mode, press the АЭР button on the left side (it should light up at this point) of the panel and then 1 (you should see you take off airfield's coordinates). If you have a take off airfield in your flight plan (you didn't start in the air) and it still doesn't work, let me know.

I interpret the manual telling me "“ОТКЛ” = Powers the PVI-800 off" to have all other settings powering it on.

Pressing АЭР now works fortunately, I can't reproduce it any more.

But since I have your attention :) what does the ПНK-switch on the wall panel do? Seems it has no effect on availability of the PVI-800 so far. Or does it?

Because the other settings do power it on, but that doesn't mean you'll immediately get any indication on the display.

I think the ПНK is only used for ground tests and normally you would use the К-041 switch to provide power to the weapon and nav systems. I may be wrong about this though.