LotAtc 4 DCS - 0.9.1

Ahh. Okay then, I must be doing something wrong then.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LotAtc always need to know where to connect. Hopefully DArt have time to implement a simple address book or favorites. I've not tested if DNS or host names work. E.g. LOCALHOST or dcs.awesome.net

That is, I will bring favorites in next releases (on my long todo list :) )

In server just use an IP, or as Dejjvid said a server name (as in DCS in fact). For a local server use localhost or 127.0.0.1 ip, it must work. In some cases, localhost can be blocked by your firewall!

Hi,

Some screenshots from our recent LAN party (big fun, see here).

1/ an air-to-air set-up, with two controllers and four allied flights:

- Cyrano controls Vodka (VDK - 2xSu-27s) and Requin (RQ - 2x Su-33s) flights, aimed to the first three hostiles;

- Magic (me) controls Knives Alpha (Kf-A - 2xF-15Cs) to the trailer group, with Milan (M - 2xMiG-29s) as back-up.

Engaging1.thumb.jpg.5051baf68daac770d79c7542469a8e56.jpg Engaging2.thumb.jpg.07a896f46fc6eb8c9ee90389dc42d786.jpg

2/ illustrating how filters may be useful for decluttering the display:

Lots of mud-movers at low altitude are here filtered out, in order to display only "my" aircraft: F-15C Knives doing CAP in the east. There are also our AWACS (Roxane), two tankers, and the Vodka and Requin CAP flights under supervision from a colleague controller.

Filters.thumb.jpg.248ec0f103f09afaf6ba3a2e530ad721.jpg

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png

Nice! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Some screenshots from our recent LAN party (big fun, see here).

1/ an air-to-air set-up, with two controllers and four allied flights:

- Cyrano controls Vodka (VDK - 2xSu-27s) and Requin (RQ - 2x Su-33s) flights, aimed to the first three hostiles;

- Magic (me) controls Knives Alpha (Kf-A - 2xF-15Cs) to the trailer group, with Milan (M - 2xMiG-29s) as back-up.

[attach]97990[/attach] [attach]97991[/attach]

2/ illustrating how filters may be useful for decluttering the display:

Lots of mud-movers at low altitude are here filtered out, in order to display only "my" aircraft: F-15C Knives doing CAP in the east. There are also our AWACS (Roxane), two tankers, and the Vodka and Requin CAP flights under supervision from a colleague controller.

[attach]97992[/attach]

Cheers

Az'

I'm curious how you have0.9.1-4. I only have .3

I ask because I've been unable to get a stable connection. It seems like I can get a solid connection if I leave DCS in fullscreen and alt-tab, but I obviously don't get any info to lotATC then.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Hi,

-4 is a test we (including DArt) used during our recent LAN.

There is no difference between -3 and -4 regarding connection (*).

It's "normal" that you don't get any data with fullscreen+Alt Tab (note: if you had DCS clients, they won't get any data either, that's from DCS and nothing DArt can manage itself).

But it's not normal that you can't get a stable LotAtc connection if using DCS windowed mode. AFAIK, LotAtc 4 DCS connection is very stable, far better than previous generations of LotAtc. What are the specific symptoms of your problem? Did you (re)check you fullfilled all recommandations in the LotAtc documentation? Do you use any mods and/or specific scripts that could explain the problem?

(*) the difference is limited to a little "ping" played by the client when a chat message is received ; this feature will be released in the next public version (I think it will be 0.9.2, bringing in more updates).

Cheers,

Az'

spacer.png

I've had a few issues:

1: Connecting to the same IP my game uses to host a mission using port 10310( game using 10308), I get connection error: connection refused.

2. Connecting to that same ip using port 10308( while ATC server file set to 10310) I get the control panel on the right side, with no info. 2 seconds and it leaves. Connection error: The remote host closed the connection. This is the case whether I use mist 3.3+ autonomous CAP/GCI in a mission or not.

and no, I'm not running anything I'm aware of that could interfere. Of note is, like I said, I seem to be able to keep connected when I'm running dcs alt-tabbed. As we've noted though, there's no data being exported. :(

Edited by AegisFX

Art Of The Kill:

DCS ports should remain unchanged : TCP 10308 and UDP 10308. That's for communicating between the DCS host and the DCS client(s).

LotAtc uses TCP 10310 by default. That's for communicating between the DCS(+LotAtc) host and the LotAtc client(s).

There should be no interference/overlapping between the two. You must not use the DCS port to connect to the host when you're using LotAtc client.

Of note is, like I said, I seem to be able to keep connected when I'm running dcs alt-tabbed. As we've noted though, there's no data being exported. :(

I don't think you're "really" connected, even if it looks so. I guess it's something about your LotAtc client getting no data at all after the initial connection and just waiting for something indefinitely.

My guess would be:

- your firewall is blocking TCP 10310

or

- you're using your WAN IP/DNS to connect LotAtc, and as suggested by Dejjvid you didn't redirect your TCP 10310 port in your router/box configuration.

If, for testing purpose, you're the DCS host and the LotAtc client, you can use "127.0.0.1" or "localhost" instead of your WAN IP.

That way, when LotAtc client tries to connect, it knows the host is on the same computer, and doesn't try to pass through the router/box.

This can help to circumvent the problem.

++

Az'

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

Does this count even if the computer is set within the router's DMZ and (supposedly) all traffic is routed automatically to my machine? I'm asking because this is how my computer is set in the network. It seems like any port issues became moot when I set myself to that network setting as such. To be sure, I'm using a port checking program. It is telling me 10310 is open. Connection timed out from ATC client though.

Edited by AegisFX

Art Of The Kill:

typing in "localhost" does absolutely nothing, while connecting to default 127xxxx works so far . About 15 minutes ago, I took my machine out of the DMZ, and manually added ports 10309-10315(10310 included). I began refreshing dcs, lotatc, and the portchecker. About 3 port checks in, my port was recognized as open. I've been able to connect twice now, but each time it's just saying "Waiting for mission datas".

Update: It finally works. I am unsure what changed. I closed the server, renamed my mission, and then launched again. connected no problems.

For anyone else that may be looking at my additions to this thread:

A. apparently my router's DMZ did not handle the ports as it claimed it would(all traffic granted clear access to DMZ machine).

As for waiting for data, I'm unsure if it is because my mission's script was previously runnign in debug mode or not. I intend to spend some of the day going through these steps rigourously to find out and will report my findings within this post.

DArt, Azrayen, Dejjvid, I want to thank you all for your help in getting me through these problems. I look forward to checking them one by one and reporting.

Edited by AegisFX

Art Of The Kill:

With DCS 1.2.8, there is some instability in LotAtc, you could experiment some troubles. If you connect your LotAtc client during a DCS session, you could have only a partial picture (with missing units).

I am working hardly on this problem and I hope to release the 0.9.2 version with fix for that (and some new cool features).

To avoid this problem, try to be connected with LotAtc before DCS unpause...

http://lotatc.dartsite.org/news/39

We had this issue with the massive total war 3 mission. We had 3 clients in LotAtc and all 3 had problems.

I tried red side, and then back to blue side and for me it worked after that. I don't know if the other two tested that trick.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

In fact, I have the internal reason and I am working on a workaround...

Sometimes, disconnect then reconnect is ok, but it is annoying if you do not know if you have really all the picture or not :/

I am doing my best to fix it ASAP :)

Edited by DArt

Last call for all translators ;)

(for Swedish and Chinese there is 1 or 2 sentences that are been added since your last translations, sorry for that)

done! updated ts file has been sent

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 4 months later...

The first alpha version for my beta tester team has been released last week, so after a busy development summer, I begin the stabilisation/cosmetic/bug fixes pass. The final release will certainly come before end of November, it will also depend of DCS 2.0 release schedule too. I have no access to the DCS test version, I need to wait the official release to test and adapt LotAtc to it :/

In all case, it will come, I am currently work a lot on it. I will post some screenshot of the current version in some days. :)