@BST: When can we expect the Mi-8 manual to be available?

nok nok ...no one is there..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But not whining doesn't help either, so I will continue.

I like the Mi-8MTV2. Give me a manual to study!

I was told that BST is aware of the issue and actively working on it.

Let's all stop the whining now, please. All we can do is wait.

If you want to do something constructive in the meantime, please help me assemble a list with all missing items in the UH-1H Flight Manual:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128898

Thank you!

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

I was told that BST is aware of the issue and actively working on it.

Let's all stop the whining now, please. All we can do is wait.

If you want to do something constructive in the meantime, please help me assemble a list with all missing items in the UH-1H Flight Manual:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128898

Thank you!

This is wrong, and you know it... (we paid for it) dnt ask for help to finish your ''already paid product'' from your customers...

EDIT: dnt get me wrong ...but you paid modders start to ask more than you provide..

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

This is wrong, and you know it... (we paid for it) dnt ask for help to finish your ''already paid product'' from your customers...

EDIT: dnt get me wrong ...but you paid modders start to ask more than you provide..

:doh:

it was brought up by "us, the community" that the Huey manual is also not finished. Derelor, as tester, asks us to help HIM so he can help US - by properly filing a bug report.

You can not just complain and then only sulk when you are asked what it is that you are compaining about.

cmon mate...they know that the overhead panel from the huey is UNFINISHED.

They Know about al the unfinished staff...

What bothers me is not he unfinished stuff, .. it is the luck of communication towards the community. thats all.

EDIT: together with the mi8 manual

EDIT2: ok no more rage lets get a drink and wait the outcome...I know its going to be a perfect sim in the end...but sometimes you know...we get drown in the alcohol...

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• 2 weeks later...

Well, according to the latest newsletter, Belsimtek are now working on the MIG-15. But, there was an assurance that they aren't disregarding previous products and are still working on the Mi8 manual as well as the module itself. Seems someone is listening to us :)

Edited by Dun_Aenghus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UH-1:

Incomplete manual at some locations, one rheostat still controls all the cockpit lighting, no engine overtemp or starter burnout,

Cargo Rel switch not functional.

Do the NVG position lights actually work ?

Mi-8:

I seriously have no idea about its state of development.

Due to the lack of a manual I didn't spent any time yet to work my way into it.

F-86F:

No complaints here, just released as Beta.

And now BST is actively working on the MiG-15.

Together with the lack of communication, I am totally honest and tell you this trend starts to worry me.:cry:

Releasing more and more modules rather than actually completing (necessary) stuff for "older" ones.

So to speak, the Huey already is their "great-grandchild" (ignoring the Mig-15 for now).

And the Mi-8 currently does nothing but collecting dust and occupy "hangar space" on my hdd.

My 2 cents, don't hate me for an honest comment

MadCat

UH-1:

Incomplete manual at some locations, one rheostat still controls all the cockpit lighting, no engine overtemp or starter burnout,

Cargo Rel switch not functional.

Do the NVG position lights actually work ?

Mi-8:

I seriously have no idea about its state of development.

Due to the lack of a manual I didn't spent any time yet to work my way into it.

F-86F:

No complaints here, just released as Beta.

And now BST is actively working on the MiG-15.

Together with the lack of communication, I am totally honest and tell you this trend starts to worry me.:cry:

Releasing more and more modules rather than actually completing (necessary) stuff for "older" ones.

So to speak, the Huey already is their "great-grandchild" (ignoring the Mig-15 for now).

And the Mi-8 currently does nothing but collecting dust and occupy "hangar space" on my hdd.

My 2 cents, don't hate me for an honest comment

MadCat

+1

I really like all what these Belsimtek products promise, meaning that both Helis and the F-16F are great. But they never seem to finish stuff.

I´m not sure,but I guess that the higehst point of income for a certain modue is when it´s pre-released. Therfater sales of that module quickly drops and thus they loose real interest in finish it.

I have now 3 betas (Huey I regaqrd as being beta too) and I won´t buy another Belsim module before I have seen at least 2 of them beig developed to a state where they can be regarded as release versions.

I did not feel let down with the A-10C and P-51D betas, since they where delivered within reasonable time. Therfore I bought the FW-190D9 and probably might buy the BF-109K.

I don´t care wether Wags call Belsimtek 3rd party or "Partners". While it might make sense for him to distinguish, it doesn´t for me.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

some people are never happy.

It´s not because I´m not happy....I´m just not "Babble happy":clown:

I´m happy with DCS, KA-52, A-10C, P-51D, FC3 and CA.

It´s not that I don´t like the UH-1, MI-8 and F-86F.

It´s just the slow progress that bothers me. Especially the Mi-8, where no major changes has occured since April this year.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I just hope that BST now really gets their sh..tuff together and that we will see some decent progress when the next patch is released.

I hestiated to continue nagging, i.e. in this thread, since Derelor forwarded that reaction of BST to our complaints. And now we have also some official word from ED that things are not simply swept under the carpet. What now has to follow is, that we will see visible results. Some Mi-8 patches, the manual, something like that. Before 2.0 ... or rather, with the next patch (together with Hawk/MiG-21 in 1.2.11 ?) Until then, I postpone my disappointment a bit more ("two weeks!!" ;o).

some people are never happy.

And some people are only happy if they can complain about others who voice their opinion about inconveniences :doh:

It's not that we are not happy with what BST gave us, I'm very much enjoying the UH-1 and F-86 so far.

It's that we are unsatisfied about the lack of communication and next to nothing happening on older modules.

At the same time releasing one Beta after the other.

If this goes on, BST will at some point have released 10 modules and 7 of which are incomplete.

Only to then realize, "omg, there is so much stuff we need to fix and complete".

Finish one thing then move on to the next, but not have 3+ modules in the pipeline that need immediate attention.

That's what is worrying me.

In particular the Mi-8.

The lack of a proper documentation is a "game breaking bug" to me, and 9k views here tell me to quite a few others too.

C'mon dude, open your eyes and stop blindly eating everything a stranger gives you.

Nothing gets moved in this world if everybody keeps her/his mouth shut, not communicating what makes her/him worry.

Stand up for your rights, and as paying customers it's our right to get information from time to time, bugs fixed and stuff completed in general.

Flagrum is right though, and I will also refrain from commenting on any of this until some time after EDGE.

Sorry for the OT again, but I just needed to get this straight.

PM me for any further "comments" or "discussions" about my opinion or the like.

This thread now again is about the Mi-8 Manual (or the lack of it) !!!

Still, have a nice day everyone (you too, ViKe)

MadCat

Flagrum is right though, and I will also refrain from commenting on any of this until some time after EDGE.

Just for the record: I said "before 2.0" and more specifically "at the next patch". What I meant with that is, we can not expect that they release a soley Mi-8 specific patch (although they could actually release the manual any time ...), but I expect that they do it "asap" - as in "at the next possible point in time".

(Yes, if that actually IS 2.0, then be it so. But I think, we get at least one more 1.2.xx patch before 2.0)

And why no soley Mi-8 Patch ?

I thought aircraft/heli addons are modules, so I see no problem.

Actually we are not only talking about patches (bugfixes), but rather about further developement of a beta version that has been at a standstill since April 2014.

If it had been a closed beta, then there would not have been any issues with that - since then we would not have paid for it yet. But with a businessmodel that builds on pre-pay, they simply should commit themself to finish each module i a reasonable time.

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen

And why no soley Mi-8 Patch ?

I thought aircraft/heli addons are modules, so I see no problem.

FinnJ

How I imagine it: releasing a patch via the autoupdater always involves ED and thus needs to be synchronized with them in some way and causes some additional work. Therefore bundling several changes into one patch would make sense. And as there is already the Hawk and the MiG pending, it would make sense to bundle any other imminent changes with those.

Think about it this way - if BST waited for the manual to be ready, before releasing the Mi-8, this chopper would still not be available for us to fly. :-)

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Think about it this way - if BST waited for the manual to be ready, before releasing the Mi-8, this chopper would still not be available for us to fly. :-)

This was discussed here and elsewhere already....

In fact, I am not able to fly it as I have not the necessary documentation for it. It is rusting in my hangar now for several, well, months already.

And no, other sources like 3 page power point slides for one or another system or even the RL manual (with no documentation of the armament systems) are not sufficient. But this was also discussed already to no end.

edit:

and now you even force me to vent some of my frustration although I tried to avoid that.... IF BST had waited to release the module until the manual was ready, then they would have gotten no money - for months. So my guess would be, in that case the manual would have been ready much, much earlier ...

In March we were told 1-2 weeks. I know their manual guy had personal problems, but this really is becoming tedious now.

Has anyone ever bought any domestic product, or perhaps a PC with the vendor promising to release the user manual soon?

Come on Belsimtek, get your act together, and start to actually finish some products. The releases being made early was commendable, but the follow up time to finish them is starting to get a little silly.

I know how involved writing technical manuals can be, and it seems there needs to be much better provision made for that aspect of flight sim modules. They are however an integral part of sims, and as such, I feel we need far better from Belsimtek.

The Sabre has just a quick start manual, The F-15C is covered in the Flaming Cliffs manual, but not in sufficient depth - but as the cockpit is not fully modelled, that's excusable.

I would not however consider any module finished until it is fully implemented - and that has to include comprehensive in-depth manuals. The odd bug or two can be understood, but to continue to release new modules when the earlier stuff is way short of complete isn't good practice in my opinion. I have a feeling Belsimtek is starting to get left behind. The next few weeks will tell.

It is beta and has been so for quite a while.

If progress had been shown, then I wouldn't see a problem either. But the Mi-8 has been at a standstill since April.

In the meantime they have send out the F-86F as a beta.

FinnJ