Fps drop

Holmer

Hey everyone.

im new to dcs and really wanne get into this game but theres this one thing keeping me from buying the warthog hotas setup and just blow hours away

somehow i cant get it to not drop fps whenever there are planes or anything on screen... i know its suppose to drop somefps but in my case i go from 80-70 to 20-30 fps...which is almost unplayable in a fast one on one fight

my rig is

I7 2700 K not OC

16 Gb kingston 1600 mhz ram

radeon 7970

Windows vista 7 64bit

if theres nothing on screen the game is butter smooth and runs at around 70 fps if there are any planes/tanks on the screen it drops to 20-35 fps

this is with everything on low

Disable aero theme

and all other stuff disable and low...

anything i can do more ? is my cpu bottlenecking me or something ? mind i am not a hi teck geek when it comes to optimization...i just really wanne play this game smooth and get up there in the sky with you guys

-Holmer

Mustang's suggestion sounds great. I'm running driver 13.4 still and get good frames with my 7970 board. The 13.4 driver is also recommended if you use FSX flightsim.

13.4 was the last driver before the new memory management Code started being Phased in, and with it Texture issues in FSX and DX9 as a whole.

if I could go back to 13.4 I would... But I need some of the newer features for every other game.

Hopefully when EDGE is integrated and we wave goodbye to DX9, AMD Users will be happy again.

To that note I was running 3 screens from a Single 7950 at around 30 FPS with a Mix of High/Med/Low Settings 2xMSAA etc..

So it's possible to squeeze respectable frame rates. I know run 4 screens from a MSI Lightning 7970 which has more processing power, not to mention pretty hefty overclock when I'm not in CrossFire with my 7950

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hope you're joking badger ? :D i can see a big diffrence in 60 and 30 fps above 60 not so much only thing i can feel when running 120 fps is the mouse feels soooo much smoother....othen then that not so much.

Its more that i dont wandt to invest a shit ton of cash into brilliant flightstick and so on if i cant run this game smmoth at least with everything on low... i just wandt to play this game smooth :( since its the only real moden day fighter sim fps.

tryed mustang salution..... unfortuntly i still drop to around 15 fps when looking at where the aktion is at... 100 fps when looking at clear sky...im pretty sad about this and guss il just have to wait for something new to happen for it to be better optimize :(

Btw thansk for the answers and patience all :) you are all nice people :D

Edited by Holmer