Turn to Target

Jimbolya

So I played some training missions made by BigJohn or Bearclaw...something like that. The training missions were found on the ED downloads section. Anyways, really good training missions. I was doing the weapon employment missions and the training instructor had me turn on "Turn to Target" and ground moving target. It seemed as if I was never turned to target nor did the Shval follow the target. I know I was locked on the target... Had TA in HUD and in Shval tv screen. Is this a bug?

you need to have the heading pilot turned on, it doesnt matter if you have a lock on a vehicle, the helicopter should turn, to where the shkval is aiming.

the vikhr piper wont line up perfectly, especially for the outer missiles, so youll have the maneuver it a bit, and the gun can swivel, its gimbal limits are the box you see when you select it

So basically turn off heading - rudder right or left slightly and then re-lock heading once aligned?

the moment you turn heading the pilot on, the helicopter will begin to rotate toward the target.

i dont know how it is with trimmed rudders, since i use a centralized rudder trim, mod.

basically removes the trim function from the rudder, so it is no longer affected by trimming, and always returns to center.

"Turn to target" is supposed to turn your aircraft nose into the target. Target means the point where Shkval is looking. It won't align you for Vikhr launch, because you need your aircraft nose be slightly offset from target at the launch. Use "turn to target" and push rudder in opposite side to Vikhr reticle, then press fire button and allow aircraft nose to return to previous position.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Also make sure "flight director" is turned off or it will override turn on target.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

basically removes the trim function from the rudder, so it is no longer affected by trimming, and always returns to center.

obviously i don't have that now - so your helo stays centered and little rudder input is needed unless you want to use rudder? i guess i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how always returning to center helps...

"Turn to target" is supposed to turn your aircraft nose into the target. Target means the point where Shkval is looking. It won't align you for Vikhr launch, because you need your aircraft nose be slightly offset from target at the launch. Use "turn to target" and push rudder in opposite side to Vikhr reticle, then press fire button and allow aircraft nose to return to previous position.

that's basically how i was doing it - with heading hold off this can be a bit tricky as the aircraft wants to constantly go into some kind of spin.

obviously i don't have that now - so your helo stays centered and little rudder input is needed unless you want to use rudder? i guess i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how always returning to center helps...

it removes the need to reset trim, or fumble with the rudder trim, because aircraft starts spinning when i get into hover.

it removes the need to reset trim, or fumble with the rudder trim, because aircraft starts spinning when i get into hover.

So you are saying that this mod removes the spin that the aircraft always wants to naturally do if heading hold is not on?

So you are saying that this mod removes the spin that the aircraft always wants to naturally do if heading hold is not on?

Ka-50 has trim for cyclic and pedals (rudder). Trim nails controls where they are at the moment of trim button release.

If your aircraft turns by itself, it means that autopilot is doing something (like executing turn to target) or you have released trim button while controls were not in position for stable attitude (i.e. kick rudder and release trim, aircraft will turn and turn endlessly, because pedals will be stuck in position, which causes turning).

Some people prefer having trim removed from pedals, because it is easier for them to hold their feet in desired position than constantly recenter pedals with every trim button release. Even with this, they still have to put aircraft in stable attitude and hold it there. :)

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Ka-50 has trim for cyclic and pedals (rudder). Trim nails controls where they are at the moment of trim button release.

If your aircraft turns by itself, it means that autopilot is doing something (like executing turn to target) or you have released trim button while controls were not in position for stable attitude (i.e. kick rudder and release trim, aircraft will turn and turn endlessly, because pedals will be stuck in position, which causes turning).

Some people prefer having trim removed from pedals, because it is easier for them to hold their feet in desired position than constantly recenter pedals with every trim button release. Even with this, they still have to put aircraft in stable attitude and hold it there. :)

Ahh - ok - i understand now =)

:joystick:

So I played some training missions made by BigJohn or Bearclaw...something like that. The training missions were found on the ED downloads section. Anyways, really good training missions...

:megalol::megalol::megalol: :thumbup:

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612