Cannot switch to Right or Left Gunner Position 1.2.8

thinkr

Is this a known issue?

I have checked and remapped the keys it does not work in training missions.

Did DCS Repair did not fix the issue.

Training Mission tested was Weapons Employment

Also tested with updated training missions did not work.

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Make a mission and see if it works.

Is this updates or a clean 1.2.8.

Try deleting or renaming the uh1 folder in the user/saved games folder which will make DCS make a clean profile.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Is this a known issue?

Yes.

Training Mission tested was Weapons Employment

It is a problem of this specific mission. You need to open it in Mission Editor and add the Gunners. After saving, everything will play as expected.

• 1 month later...
It is a problem of this specific mission. You need to open it in Mission Editor and add the Gunners. After saving, everything will play as expected.

I had the same issue and got stuck at the point where I was supposed to press [3] to get to the door gunner's position.

Also, TrackIR aiming does not seem to be working with the flexible sight in this particular mission. It works just fine in the 'instant action' missions.

Any chance of having these issues fixed in the future? The tutorial itself is very good and helpful :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

I was just going to come here and ask about the Gunner position thing. :joystick:

Another issue I'm having is that when pressing the M button, it only brings down the left pilots sight, not mine. I have to click on it with the mouse to get it down, and even then I do not have an aiming reticle visible.

So issue is still existing in the latest 1.2.10

Someone might remember me as 'FlyingRussian' from the Ubisoft Lock-On forum back in '03

I was just going to come here and ask about the Gunner position thing. :joystick:

Another issue I'm having is that when pressing the M button, it only brings down the left pilots sight, not mine. I have to click on it with the mouse to get it down, and even then I do not have an aiming reticle visible.

So issue is still existing in the latest 1.2.10

Regarding the door gunner position ... search the forums for it - there were several postings concerning this and how to fix it quite some time ago.

Same for the pilot sight. (hint: try RCTRL+M)

For the weapons tutorial, you have to edit it using the mission editor and add some door guns. For the sight, there are keyboard commands for it like Flagrum said, and you have to turn it on as well (there's a switch in back of it, but I don't remember the particular keyboard command).

Thanks guy's, solved the problems with the Gunner view.

I still can't seem to get the aiming reticle to show in the sight when in the right seat. The LShift+M gets it down, but the sight is empty. On the left side the reticle is automatically there when you lower the sight.

The other thing is that I can't move the Gunners sight with the mouse (the view pans around but the gun does not move). This problem is even in missions I create myself.

Someone might remember me as 'FlyingRussian' from the Ubisoft Lock-On forum back in '03

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Guys for the help, all my issues are now solved (forum search helped me with the last point). :thumbup:

How did you solved the missing sight issue? Still looking for a fix :(

EDIT: never mind. I got the switch behind the sight.

Now need to solve the issue related to gunner switch...can't use key n.3 to get into the left/right position.

Edited by Vespa

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

FYI

The only thing that has to be done to get it working with correct payload is to open the mission in ME, and save it.

That's it!

Don't touch anything!

Don't add any gunners manually!

Just save and leave!

But they never mention the Pilot Sight (RShift+M and RCtrl+M)...

And the "Right gunner seat" is entered by pressing 4, not 3 as instructed.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5