ABRIS and Default Frequency 124.000 Quits Working

ajax

I did a search but didn't find anything relevant to this topic.

Has anyone else noticed that the default frequency seems to have a bug now? I am not sure when it actually started happening, maybe in 1.2.7?

To be specific, in multiplayer using the default frequency of 124.000 other Ka-50s show up on the ABRIS initially, but then the ABRIS quits updating their positions after about 5 minutes?

(Mod, if this is a duplicate thread please delete.)

Could be that another helicopter spwans in with the same ID. The Abris doesn't like that and might not show one of the aircraft with the same ID.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I am afraid we 'll have to live with this considering the lack of support for BS.

Well, what xxJohnxx said sounds plausible for me and also the manual states: "In a multiplayer mission, it is possible to have multiple data link groups in the mission at the same time; however, each would have to be on a different frequency.".

Therefore I would say, it works as designed.

edit:

hrm ... on the other hand, why doesn't this affect SP play?

Edited by Flagrum

Therefore I would say, it works as designed.

edit:

hrm ... on the other hand, why doesn't this affect SP play?

Using MP datalink on any VHF2 available frequency has never been an issue since 2009 when BS1 was released. Now suddenly, 5 years later, they deciced to correct this "bug" in the 1.2.7 and made sure that 124.000 Mhz only will not show consistently your wingmen in MP?

I just flew the first three missions of the Deployment campaign and my wingman was always visible on ABRIS on 124.00MHz.

Your own wingmen are visible in SP missions, yes. And one can see that the ABRIS stops updating their positions if you change the frequency of the R-800 radio (and continue to update them once you change the freq. back).

But what I meant was, if you throw a mission together with several flights of Ka-50 which all use the same default frequency, you still only see your own flight. The other flights don't interfere at all although they use their datalink at the very same frequency. In MP, this seemingly causes problems.

But I guess, winz is right - AI "datalinks" without actually using the radio or caring about the frequencies. AI "cheats" here a bit.

Using MP datalink on any VHF2 available frequency has never been an issue since 2009 when BS1 was released. Now suddenly, 5 years later, they deciced to correct this "bug" in the 1.2.7 and made sure that 124.000 Mhz only will not show consistently your wingmen in MP?

Yeah, because they are tired of being accused to not care about BS ... ;o)

Nah, seriously, it could be a side effect of some other radio related bux fixing. Every once in a while people complained that they could not use the radio, could not hear something on the radio, etc. Maybe they just fixed this as whole and now radio transmissions are actually transmitted to the clients - which results here now in a more realistic behaviour.

But I admit, I am only guessing.

But what did you mean with "124 MHz only"? Do you say that the described behaviour only occurs if all MP clients use 124 MHz? And not if everybody would use a different frequency (but which is used by all clients)?

Well yes. Switching on the DL with the default frequency 124.000mhz in MP will not show any of your wingmen on the ABRIS. Occasionaly, in flight, they will appear for a few minutes, then the updates will stop again. So since 1.2.7 my squad is used to push to 125.000 for example for the DL. Since that, we don't have anymore issues with DL on ABRIS.

Well yes. Switching on the DL with the default frequency 124.000mhz in MP will not show any of your wingmen on the ABRIS. Occasionaly, in flight, they will appear for a few minutes, then the updates will stop again. So since 1.2.7 my squad is used to push to 125.000 for example for the DL. Since that, we don't have anymore issues with DL on ABRIS.

Well, yes, then it works for you - as you are on your own "private" frequency then. But what I meant was, what happens if not only you and your squad, but also everyone else in a Ka-50 on the server would switch to the new frequency?

I would expect that the problem then would continue. I.e. it is not a problem of the actual frequency as such, but a problem that the same frequency is used by more than one flight of Ka-50.

Or did I misinterprete the actual issue here?

Same. We operate 4 ka50 at a time on a given frequency. Most of the time we operate max 8 kamovs. So 125mhz and 126mhz for example. Some Ka50 will occasionaly joined as REC subscribers from time to time to see where the other group is. If they forget to switch to REC, you got the normal behaviour on ABRIS with two blinking aircraft indicating a conflict on the network. So it is working pretty much as it should.

Any group willing to work on 124.000 will have its dl network screwed up. The other one (the one not on 124.000) will work normally.

Does it answer your question?

Erforce (who imo deserves a medal for his pugnacity) has been updated for 2 years now a thread where he patiently listed the bugs on BS, which version is affected, if it is confirmed,etc... But as far as I know, no ED guys ever replied on this thread.

Here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94741

So the lesson to learn is to never use the default frequency of 124.000 MHz in MP.

Sounds only smart, since otherwise this exact frequency would provoke numerous interferences in MP between too many company flights also using default settings.

Erforce (who imo deserves a medal for his pugnacity) has been updated for 2 years now a thread where he patiently listed the bugs on BS, which version is affected, if it is confirmed,etc... But as far as I know, no ED guys ever replied on this thread.

Here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94741

Ok so there's no other official method and we are completely dependent on tester's vigilance? Not that I don't trust them but it's not clear if anyone is actually reporting them forward. It would be nice to always have a list of who is responsible of what modules so we could discuss with them directly instead of hoping that someone would participate in the discussion and acknowledge the bugs.

I'm aware of Erforce's efforts and totally agree with the medal. :)