Go home CCRP symbology, you're drunk.

allmhuran

As per the screenshot the TGP is the SPI generator, also indicative of the 'tadpole' on target.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You're right of course Viper but the rest of the HUD symbology does not quite add up does it? There is no reason for the MRS and DRC symbology not to be displayed with the SPI at that location and the time to release should be somewhere around 20 I would think.

I know this has happened to me before on a couple of perfectly good CBU set-ups but I didn't bother trying to duplicate it. Coming off dry and re-designating the SPI has always fixed it for me. :)

Just to clarify what I believe we are talking about, it is more than the "windshield wiper" effect you get when over correcting your steering in CCRP. It actually feels like you are being steered to something directly behind you so corrections have the opposite effect you are going for. Hard to explain... :)

Edited by Bunyap

I suspect a multiplayer server with excessive turbulence at that altitude, is the reason for that screenshot.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

I was having major troubles w the Mk82 high drag in CCRP; couldn't hit anywhere near where I intended. This morning in the unguided bombs training, after a particularly bad pass, I exclaimed "Dammit, Chappy, I'm doing it my way!" I then cranked up 'Turn Up the Radio' on my iPod, came in REALLY low, like 1000 ft. and HUD designated a tank, after I pickeled the bombs I switched to the weapon view, and one of the bombs with the ballute deployed landed right on the tanks turret!! I don't think I could pull that off again..

As per the previous posts, I've gotten into trouble when I had the wrong thing set as SPI and dropped at the wrong point. Particularly w the LITENING pod, HUD must say TGP (not TDC).

Edited by stevieray
Added useful info

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

--------------------------------

Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel I7 4320K, 8GB Crucial Ballistic DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 1GB, 120GB Crucial SSD, Dell 24" LCD, TIR-5, Saitek X52 Pro.

Well, high drag bombs were designed for low altitude drops, right? So go in low use CCIP or Consent-to-Release for these drops... there is a video from Wags on YouTube showing that kind of bombing run.

EDIT: Watch from 2:00 to 3:50

Edited by shagrat
Autocorrection corrected!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Oh, for some reason I mistakenly assumed that high drag bombs were CCRP only. I'll try CCIP next.

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

--------------------------------

Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel I7 4320K, 8GB Crucial Ballistic DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 1GB, 120GB Crucial SSD, Dell 24" LCD, TIR-5, Saitek X52 Pro.