FARP - Grass Texture ? Location ?

We need a new 3D model with custom textures :(

i like/intrested in using your nice farp textures , so iv tell that texture problem to HungaroJET and he made/modded a new 3d model which use individual/custom texture,

that model/textures does not affect other textures on map (mainly at airbases/airports)

i tested that model last night for the 4 season usability - everything was fine: 4 different texture visible for the 4 season

right now im not at home but in the evening i will upload this new model/mod to you

or maybe HungaroJET going to do that earlier than me

sign-pic4.jpg

Here it goes, cheers Folks

Use farp-hill.dds files from proper season folders \Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures\LandTextures -"season"- Other

Unrar the file to your DCS main folder

Disjoint Farp-Hill texture mod.rar (7.77MB)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gg1d61

use this bar: Click here to start download from sendspace

Will be uploaded later to DCS - User Files

Edited by HungaroJET
  • Like 1

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Here it goes, cheers Folks

Use farp-hill.dds files from proper season folders \Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures\LandTextures -"season"- Other

Unrar the file to your DCS main folder

Disjoint Farp-Hill texture mod.rar (7.77MB)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gg1d61

use this bar: Click here to start download from sendspace

Will be uploaded later to DCS - User Files

MANY THANKS HungaroJET !!!!!!!!!! Awesome ! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Need to improve luminosity/contrast !

pLKk2.jpg

MAYXC.jpg

xCyva.jpg

tSL3.jpg

HPgv3.jpg

Edited by Lilkiki

Looks good, is there way to blend it with rest of terrain? Now it looks unrealistic, it is clearly visible that it is rectangle placed on ground.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Looks good, is there way to blend it with rest of terrain? Now it looks unrealistic, it is clearly visible that it is rectangle placed on ground.

+1

Fantastic work. Would love it even more if you could feather the edges or blend them into the terrain (if that's even possible).

It would be perfect then :)

Cheers

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

+1

Fantastic work. Would love it even more if you could feather the edges or blend them into the terrain (if that's even possible).

It would be perfect then :)

SD

Thanks for your interest guys ! ;)

This is the "hard" trick to do as far as the "edm model" of the FARP is rectangular (elevation in mountain) and we all (or almost) have different TERRAIN MOD, I'm using Tobey's "Low N' Slow" but the render could be very different with "DTAC Terrain textures" for exemple. Tobey's mod also required a NOISE modification, I can see how to merge terrain and Farp texture with this method.

Will try but no garanty ;)

Hi can I ask will you be using Hugarojets texture fix and releasing a complete mod or will we have to instal them seperately:)

This is a good idea ! I will ask Hungarojets to get permission when I'm satisfied with my textures (4 seasons to rework, my screens shows actually "Spring" )

Edited by Lilkiki
  • Like 1

Great!

Excellent work Lilkiki. Mix the FARP with the remaining land is not an option, the 3d model will always be added to the soil, also the FARP can be put in different places, then you can not mix because they will always be in a different place. I think we can not grant that wish.

Once again, great job. :thumbup:

What about semi transparent texture? You could make patches on it and those patches would be transparent giving view on bottom texture.

Or resize down whole model and give 2 meters of margin. This margin would be just half transparent texture (faded) around FARP....

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ