Any servers available without cussing?

Fakum

Honestly I doubt you find find such group of people :)

I think I am quite a nice guy but I swear a lot :D (ask my squad guys :lol:) its just the nature of the "game", real pilots do it, all military personel do it... I don't see a way around it... it comes with the teritory.

Hm... now imagine if TS had some sort of filter for swearing words, lik eon TV that replaces it with "beeep" :)

I agree, being x military retired, and listened to pilot radio chat for many many years, I can say this, yes, pilots swear! Military personnel swear! I swear big time (in appropriate environment), but never were any of us allowed to swear over the "Radio", totally forbidden and disciplined for at any occurrence. Did I ever hear a pilot say "SH*T" or "Dammit" or a very rare "F*&K", sure did! But on the radio, it was not incorporated in every sentence or statement or every 3rd word for that matter. I can swear with the best of them,, but not when I have kids or respectable adults around. Like I said, just was looking for a server that accommodates. I understand my tough luck if it doesn't. Thats why I am trying to host my own server (proving difficult). Me and 8 other adults hosted a FPS server for just over 12 years, we created a "Family Server" We started off with Black Hawk down and went right through all the CODS and Battlefields. No Cussing! this way our squad members along with their kids could join us on TS and have fun,, it worked well. Looking forward to establishing the same with DCS,, just cant fund the costs of the hardware for the server at this time. And I dont know of any other DCS flyers that are looking for the same or i would group with them,,, thanks for the feedback though,, I will continue my journey,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Blooze, as I recall, when I get on the server, there no people on,, I may be mistaken,, I appreciate the offer and will look for you guys again.

ApoNOOB, dont worry about it,, how would you know if everyone else is cussing and I dont speak up,,, not your fault or problem. I do make a request when Im in when I feel I should, but sometimes it really becomes out of hand when Im in there and I simply have to leave,, you got people talking in there about things not related to the sim and are totally sexually oriented,, I cant have family members listening to that. Thanks for the respectful concern though. Every time I make that request I feel like Im burdening the others and thats not what I want to do,, like I said,, my problem to solve indeed.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• ED Team
Honestly I doubt you find find such group of people :)

I think I am quite a nice guy but I swear a lot :D (ask my squad guys :lol:) its just the nature of the "game", real pilots do it, all military personel do it... I don't see a way around it... it comes with the teritory.

Hm... now imagine if TS had some sort of filter for swearing words, lik eon TV that replaces it with "beeep" :)

We had a Dads group, family friendly FPS group, we had no issues with maintaining a family friendly language, its up to the group to enforce it and everyone to agree to it, its very simple to do...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

We had a Dads group, family friendly FPS group, we had no issues with maintaining a family friendly language, its up to the group to enforce it and everyone to agree to it, its very simple to do...

That has been my experience as well, thats why I stated I was trying to get my own server up, but that has proven difficult,,,

I hope once we have a dedicated server tool, this will be less of an issue, and more options.

Same here,,,,

I think this is quite interesting. I bet that across all the DCS servers there are loads of people who would fly with you in a non-sweary environment but they're spread across loads of public and private servers.

Getting a group of non-sweary people together for an event once a week would be pretty worthy I would think for you and probably for a few other people.

I imagine that DCS has a reasonable proportion of people who want the same sort of thing compared to a lot of other games.

I agree, being x military retired, and listened to pilot radio chat for many many years, I can say this, yes, pilots swear! Military personnel swear! I swear big time (in appropriate environment), but never were any of us allowed to swear over the "Radio", totally forbidden and disciplined for at any occurrence. Did I ever hear a pilot say "SH*T" or "Dammit" or a very rare "F*&K", sure did! But on the radio, it was not incorporated in every sentence or statement or every 3rd word for that matter. I can swear with the best of them,, but not when I have kids or respectable adults around. Like I said, just was looking for a server that accommodates. I understand my tough luck if it doesn't. Thats why I am trying to host my own server (proving difficult). Me and 8 other adults hosted a FPS server for just over 12 years, we created a "Family Server" We started off with Black Hawk down and went right through all the CODS and Battlefields. No Cussing! this way our squad members along with their kids could join us on TS and have fun,, it worked well. Looking forward to establishing the same with DCS,, just cant fund the costs of the hardware for the server at this time. And I dont know of any other DCS flyers that are looking for the same or i would group with them,,, thanks for the feedback though,, I will continue my journey,,,

I agree with you, im a retired professional Infantry soldier, went up the ranks from the bottom, and did 30 years serving my country. Seen a lot and done a lot. RTP (Radio Telephone Procedure) never allowed swearing / cussing or vulgarity because it just wasnt done or professional. Yeah we all carried on in the boozer or "off the field", but we also didnt swear in front of female company or children. It was called self respect and common courtesy. However this day an age those concepts have been lost by younger generations because its trendy and fashionable to give offence and not accept any responsibility for your actions. So all i got to say mate is that your welcome to fly with the 229th, we might drop the occasional adjective, but we are pretty adult and enjoy our banter because usually we can achieve that without puerile behavior. We are primarily a Huey unit, but we fly most things, click on the link at the bottom of my signature block and look at our forum. We have US, Canadian, European, Australian, New Zealanders, so most time zones are covered, and a lot of us are ex and serving military, civil aviators and or people with the same interests. We dont really tolerate bullshitters and idiots.

• Like 1

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Interesting read here.

I'll admit at first I laughed this off a bit... no swearing... on the internet...pfft!

I'm up there with the worlds worst for swearing (the ED Test Team and my Squadron will confirm this!) however reading further through this thread I see that its not so silly after all and if there are enough people who feel the same way as you then we will do what we can to help you continue to enjoy the sim.

Therefore I have set up new 'No Swearing' channels on our TeamSpeak Server for both Blue and Red sides as part of the 'Brevity Channels'. Anyone caught swearing in these channels will be removed from the server (just report them to an admin).

I can't promise that you will have lots of company in these rooms as you've noticed most people are a little loose with the language however, I'm sure you will find a few people who won't mind keeping their mouths clean.... I just might not be one of them ;)

Hope it helps out

S!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

WOW! Thanks guys, I must admit I did not hold much hope in finding others with the same interest. I had no delusions going into this, Maverick stated it well,, I had the same notion of what peoples perception of my pursuit would be like, and for quite some time, I kind of felt foolish in my quest,, but even a few positive feedback's have changed that. I'm not looking to change the norm for others, they are entitled to have their servers set up as they please, I sincerely have no issue with that.

Thank you Strut, I appreciate your feedback as well, I know there are many of us out there who have had the same experience and understand. I agree with alot with what you said, but I know I cant change the discipline of others,, its the way of the world,, but I still hold my own standards as do many others. Thank you for the channel invite, I will certainly take advantage of that.

This is a work in progress for me, my intent is to be on or create a server that people can come in and enjoy without having to hear all that non essential cussing when they are in a position where that is not acceptable for their own reasons.

Thanks guys,,,

Thank you Iron Mike <Salute>

WOW! Thanks guys,

Your welcome.

I have to say though the irony is not lost on me that a guy who's names reads like 'fcuk em' is looking for somewhere people dont swear ;)

Thank you universe!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

LOL,,, very true! The fact of the matter is, I realized a couple of decades back that my "Name" could be pronounced a couple of ways. As I have explained, I can curse with the best of them, and I do, actually quite often at work due to the nature of it, and it is widely accepted and typically expected,,, but that is at work, at home, I have family to tend to, and that requires a different personality! So regarding the name,,, by day (it is pronounced (Fake-um) at times late at night, especially with no kids around,,,, you got the idea! :}

LOL,,, very true! The fact of the matter is, I realized a couple of decades back that my "Name" could be pronounced a couple of ways.

:lol: Glad you mentioned this because I saw so much irony in your name and the thread, haha, but I didn't want to call it out. When I've seen you in the 104th, I always pronounced it in my head the not so PC way.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Today I got onto the 104th TS for the first time and listened to the communications. I was a bit surprised with the language but reading this thread it helps me a lot to understand the language issue.

Besides that, my intention was actually looking to see how pilot communicate with each other in MP that reflect real life combat communication, e.g, like what they do in tutorials. It was certainly not there at the 104th server. Any suggestion where I should go to just "observe" and listen in to learn things like that?

-snip

I think you are doing the 104th server a disservice in basing your opinion on a single visit. :D If I understand you right you are looking for brevity only chat done via TARS which you will only find in organized squadrons. The reason for this should be obvious, not anyone like you has the presence of mind to listen in first... :D

Check this thread for a 'official' squadron directory: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34062

Now on the 104th outside of the brevity channels communication is mostly light. Talking&Chatting is still okay aslong as you don't interrupt somebody in combat and keep it to a reasonable level. (Yes I am looking at you, you know who I mean!^^)

Most important stuff to look up that comes to my mind: BRAA, Railgun & Buddyspike. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiservice_tactical_brevity_code

I went into the 104th last night and found 3 people actually in the "no cussing" channel, I thought, hmmm,,, others that are looking for no cussing, GREAT! I hopped in and listened while I was loading up and about after the 3rd or 4th "F" bomb, I commented that it was intersting that this is the no cussing channel and there is quite a bit of it,, they laughed and added a few more, I then said really guys, I have kids floating around, they advised me to put on a pair of headphones, I said I cant, thats why we have this channel so the kids in the background dont have to listen to it. They said, well they are going to hear it anywhere somewhere else! Then I come to find out they are not even flying in the 104th server. I moved up to a air to ground channel at that point. An admin advised he resolved the matter, thank you!

Thanks ApoNOOB, that's helpful. However I guess the organized squadrons are all for experienced and qualified pilots, which I am not. So I thought I would get familiar with the environment first...

Fakum, I'd do the same like you did. I am glad I am not the only one with kids around but still have a passion to fly and enjoy in our spare time (rarely found) in this virtual world.

I fly on the 104th currently, as I to find myself with unpredictable time frames. One of the things I like about the 104th is that you can simply pop in and out as you please. You can always get help with questions and there are opportunities to move to a different channel if you want to work with someone on a specific subject etc, not to mention they were kind enough to create a no cussing channel for folks like us.

If you’re looking for scheduled training, there are other squads that do accommodate that, which is what I would love to do, but as you well know, if you don’t think you can commit to certain times during the week, its not going to work out.

Right now I try to get in between 6:30 thru 8-8:30 PM EST. I’m no pro either but getting a little better with time. I would be happy to share with you what I understand so far and perhaps feed off each other if you like. I’m not hard core on this sim but do enjoy the heck out of using the avionics etc.

If I had my own server, I would insist upon all being on TS, last night being a great example. (2) Hogs were in our same operating area, while me a 2 others were on TS and we were working out some targets together but we were getting slammed with missile launches, and of course you react because no one called out rifle, we were reacting to the 2 other hogs in the AO that were firing off Mavs, but we had no communication with them to determine the missiles were friend or foe,, kind of aggravating when you’re trying to lock up a target and have to divert!

Setting up a server,,, a very different subject indeed! I have a posting about this recently,,

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123171

• 1 year later...

Update: I recently switched to the F-15, the one server I enjoy, primarily because it always has people on it, I have found that even asking them polity to at least cut down has turned into a argument. Thats not what I am trying to accomplish. Yes, although there are other TS channels I can go to for brevity / no cussing, etc, I find them empty often. Not because they all feel they need to curse but because there is no one in there, so they must go to another channel if they want to communicate. No fun there by yourself. This has proved to be a difficult task, the sad part is, its mainly because of disrespectful youth who likely never learned anything about discipline. Most ADULTS, if you ask them to kindly turn it down often respond well to the request. Very difficult to find a group like that with consistency. Just figured Id post up again, its been awhile and maybe someone has their own active server for activity such as this?