Black weathered instrument panel for the F-86F

Basco1

Is anybody working on creating a black weathered instrument panel for the F-86,I love the grey one in game now,but I think the black one looks the best.

4-3.jpg

F86_front1.jpg

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Yes why not...

One cockpit more weathering as the future MIG-21, it's good.

There is a mod, maybe only some pictures for now. But I've seen it somewhere in forum.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

There is a mod, maybe only some pictures for now. But I've seen it somewhere in forum.

Thanks Dev,I found it :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 2 months later...

To revive an old thread: IMHO, what is also more needed is a remesh of the front canopy section and windshield.

This very old and slightly edited shot of one of 3 modded IL-2 Sabres IMHO-despite its age, shows exactly what the DCS mode lacks, despite that the DCS looks in general rule wayy more:

Center tint, stronger windshield front etc...rest in this shot, yep, not perfect but quite nice thanks to the original pit.

Pit was by Freedy, mod for center + 3D mesh etc by other artists.

2014_10_11_at_21_09_04.jpg

In this arcade module, I got 3 F-86 versions, one black, one grey/white with black panels and one early black F-86A style.

Well, just a shot, the FOV/POV is slightly corrupted as in that sim it is mobile and dynamic by (my) choice.

:megalol: on my attempts to necromonger old threads.

:) Greetings,

Ton

Check out the replacement panels/cockpits in the RCAF Sabre skins by Jocko417 in the User Files section. He has created some excellent ones. Some have black panels or entire black cockpits. Transfer the files where you want and update the description file.

They can be seen in the F-86F combined liveries thread in the Mods and Apps section of the forums.

dcs2014-09-2400-06-19-61_zpse289e2fb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Reminds me a lot of the Black and Green cockpit color schemes of the 50's. The gray color schemes came later on. For example the F-84F nose section I own has the Black and Green color scheme. It's a F-84F-10GK. I also maintain a F-84F-51GK that has the newer gray color scheme. I'm thinking the gray is a thing of the 60's with also cammo exterior paint schemes. I think the natural metal finish exteriors with black and green interiors is a lot more sexy than some of the painted exteriors and gray interiors.

I realize I'm talking apples and oranges here F-84F vs F-86F, but there are a lot of parallels between the two cockpits -- same gunsight, most of the instruments and interior paint schemes.

Edited by BHawthorne

That sounds very interesting BHawthorne, do you have any pictures of it posted anywhere on the web?

http://www.f-84f.org might have a few older ones I photographed. Shows mostly the newer gray cockpit of 52-9089 though. Been using Facebook to document my work on 51-9345 since 2012. Right now I have the cockpit section in my back yard. It'll go into storage in a few weeks though because it's starting to get cold outside. My avatar is the black/green color scheme layout.

Would be interesting if Belsimtek and Sim Skunk Works would collaborate on a F-84F for DCS World. One would think it would be mostly performance tweaks between F-86F and F-84F functionality since it's the same gunsight and a lot of the same gauges. Anyways, that's off on a tangent. I can still dream though. :)

Edited by BHawthorne