Saitek X52 profile question...

domaniko

Hello all.

Here is the 2 questions:

1. is there any good profile for A10 C?

2. I just need activate profile in X52 or I need also do something with my keyboard keys?

Thank you for help :)

U should search the user submitted files here.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=70&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=14&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I highly recommend setting one up yourself, starting from scratch. I found it easier to remember all of the assignments this way, learnt a great deal about the Saitek software, and now have everything set up as I like it.

You might find this useful:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=119086&highlight=x52+template

It's a blank x52 template, to help you learn keys/button assignments.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Take advantage of every single control on your X52. They are all useful, every single one of them. The little mouse nub is useless as a mouse but excellent as a speed brake switch if you set it to bands on the forward and backward axis. The slider works well for FOV. I use the scroll wheel for flaps, the scroll wheel click to reset FOV, and do not neglect those chiclet keys below the display on the throttle. Those can be bound as well.

I would avoid the Saitek software shift states because by using the shift mode available via DCS itself you can gain a few extra controls. You can turn the clutch button into a regular joy button in the config menu and by deleting all but one shift state in the programming software you can then use the 3 way mode swtich on the stick instead as a 3 way joy button. I use it for A/P mode and with a DCS modifier also as the throttle pinkie switch for lighting.

Love my X52.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I also recommend you to make your own profile. Try to set some modifier and then use it to mod other rockers and so. DMS, TMS, coolie, slew, trim. Whatever you need. It is possible to make almost complete HOTAS. Except mic and some countermeasures switch in my case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Take advantage of every single control on your X52. They are all useful, every single one of them. The little mouse nub is useless as a mouse but excellent as a speed brake switch if you set it to bands on the forward and backward axis. The slider works well for FOV. I use the scroll wheel for flaps, the scroll wheel click to reset FOV, and do not neglect those chiclet keys below the display on the throttle. Those can be bound as well.

I would avoid the Saitek software shift states because by using the shift mode available via DCS itself you can gain a few extra controls. You can turn the clutch button into a regular joy button in the config menu and by deleting all but one shift state in the programming software you can then use the 3 way mode swtich on the stick instead as a 3 way joy button. I use it for A/P mode and with a DCS modifier also as the throttle pinkie switch for lighting.

Love my X52.

Yeah.. X52 super! :thumbup:*I just don't get one thing... :huh:If i use someone's profile from this forum, do I have also configure my keyboard keys special for this profile?

Yeah.. X52 super! :thumbup:*I just don't get one thing... :huh:If i use someone's profile from this forum, do I have also configure my keyboard keys special for this profile?

Yes, or you change the keyboard keys in the profile to match whats bound in your version of DCS.

The slider works well for FOV.

Hey P*Funk, could I just ask how you've got your slider set up for FOV? I tried it a while back and it made the view jittery; the slider wouldn't stay on one value. Currently I have bands set on my slider so the top and bottom 5% zoom in and out, the rest is neutral.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Hey P*Funk, could I just ask how you've got your slider set up for FOV? I tried it a while back and it made the view jittery; the slider wouldn't stay on one value. Currently I have bands set on my slider so the top and bottom 5% zoom in and out, the rest is neutral.

Thats what I do too. I don't use any of the axes as axes on the X52 that aren't the stick or the throttle. They're all crap, but with bands they can be very useful. I basically do the same with the Majestic Dash 8 in FSX using one of the rotaries as a condition lever (engine RPM).

Its crude but effective.

Nevertheless, bands plus the mouse nub is by far my favourite adaptation. Most useless control made into a most useful one.

For me the mouse wheel is very strange, i have to move 2-3 notches before it registers as if its been moved once.

Anyone know how to fix that?

For me the mouse wheel is very strange, i have to move 2-3 notches before it registers as if its been moved once.

I believe, just as the mouse nub, mouse wheel on the throttle replicates your Operating System mouse. You would have to go into the mouse setup and play with settings for mouse wheel.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

I believe, just as the mouse nub, mouse wheel on the throttle replicates your Operating System mouse. You would have to go into the mouse setup and play with settings for mouse wheel.

hmm, but my normal mouse doesnt do that. Well ill try messing about with it.

Try assigning the preset function "Scroll" to the wheel in the SST software.

I just don't get one thing... If i use someone's profile from this forum, do I have also configure my keyboard keys special for this profile?

That depends on the profile. I have attached a file with the keyboard bindings I use to the profile I uploaded, and there are not many additional keys.

I would also recommend to create your own profile, as it gives you the opportunity to learn how to use the (at last functional) very powerful sst software. Only downside on creating your own one is imho that you don't have a clue what you will need and where to put it when you start with the A10...