Would like to make a high fidelity Airframe.

Dafflesdoob

So I've had this idea of making the Vought F-8E Crusader. With a PFM etc...

Now, I don't have the skills to do every part of the mod, and I would not be able to delegate more than 20 Hours a week to the project. I have my research underway, I have a fairly complex understanding of jets, calculus; and physics.

So, the point of making this thread?

Would anyone be interesting in helping me to make this air-frame, and possibly develop into a small third party developer.

Sincerely,

Daffles.

I'd be interested in collaborating with a small group on a module. I'm fairly technical and scripting is no problem, programming I can pick up easily enough. Not artistic at all so unless you want a jet flown by a stick figure I'm not game for any of the modeling. I can manage math. Linear algebra was a much stronger point than Calculus, but I still mustered two semesters with decent grades. Rusty, but I can relearn and comprehend. I can put in several hours in the evenings multiple days a week (3-4 days, 5 plus hours a day) during the week. Often probably more.

I'd be interested in collaborating with a small group on a module. I'm fairly technical and scripting is no problem, programming I can pick up easily enough. Not artistic at all so unless you want a jet flown by a stick figure I'm not game for any of the modeling. I can manage math. Linear algebra was a much stronger point than Calculus, but I still mustered two semesters with decent grades. Rusty, but I can relearn and comprehend. I can put in several hours in the evenings multiple days a week (3-4 days, 5 plus hours a day) during the week. Often probably more.

That'd be awesome. I'm not all to good at modelling either, I could probably model the cockpit, but the exterior would be out of my level. Would be good if some artists wanted to join along.

Hi. I have been toying with the idea of putting together a flaming cliffs type project, not pfm, consisting of the carrier air wing of the uss oriskany in 1966/67. I have a skyraider in the modeling process and was just about to start the crusader. My skill set doesn't allow the creation of pfm so I thought I'd start small and hopefully develop it further down the line just as ed have done with the flaming cliffs aircraft. Maybe you could start small and work your way up to the high fedelity airframe you're after. I'd love to see a crusader in dcs. Good luck with this. One less aircraft for me to grapple with. I can concentrate on my skyraidef and maybe the oriskany.

Good Grief

After going through each of your thoughtful comments. I think we will in-deed work on a demo aircraft, something like a glider. This means we also have time to talk to ED about getting a licence for the final goal (F-8E Crusader). It would also give us evidence that we can show to ED, to help our case. Thanks a heap guys.

Funny things aside - the Soviet Union before WW2 had military gliders capable of stealthly transporting troops across the front line - so a glider, potentially, has military applications - like the troop transport in the UH-1H.

300px-Gliders_Г-11.JPG

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Funny things aside - the Soviet Union before WW2 had military gliders capable of stealthly transporting troops across the front line - so a glider, potentially, has military applications - like the troop transport in the UH-1H.

300px-Gliders_Г-11.JPG

Yeah, those large WWII gliders seem awesome, but would not be valid without a tow plane, and I have no idea how that could even work. So I think we'd be looking at a powered sailplane. I'm not sure what we could do with the DCS Engine allowing us a tow plane, or other means of launching. Maybe we could use a Steam Catapult script when ED is ready with that. :thumbup:

So I've had this idea of making the Vought F-8E Crusader. With a PFM etc...

Now, I don't have the skills to do every part of the mod, and I would not be able to delegate more than 20 Hours a week to the project. I have my research underway, I have a fairly complex understanding of jets, calculus; and physics.

So, the point of making this thread?

Would anyone be interesting in helping me to make this air-frame, and possibly develop into a small third party developer.

Sincerely,

Daffles.

Hi Dafflesdoob, Would you be interested at all in developing a F-16C Block 50/52 more here............ http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128090

Its partly been started by another member you might want to take over and complete it, considering your on a tight time frame.

Just thought to politely ask see what you think.

Cheers,

:beer:

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Hi Dafflesdoob, Would you be interested at all in developing a F-16C Block 50/52 more here............ http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128090

Its partly been started by another member you might want to take over and complete it, considering your on a tight time frame.

Just thought to politely ask see what you think.

Cheers,

:beer:

Hi there WRAITH. As we are very new to this project area. I doubt we would take on such a project, as I personally do not have any/much interest in such an air-frame and would find the work to be dis-pleasing. We may consider it in the future, but not for now.