New user to DCS.

Alkaline

Helloo :)

Recently bought Flaming Cliffs and A-10C Warthog, and now when I actually got the game myself, I'd like to get started on MP. Just a lil'bit! :)

I have been playing A-10C Warthog for ~4 days now, and the first 2 days was ooonly training n training, hehe.. Took some time to remember and understand things...

Now, I cant say that I master the Warthog, I believe that would take months, but I am able to play the campaigns without too much problems. All I need is 6 AGM's hellfire missiles with the Maverick and a couple of Air-to-Air missiles, im aalll set! :D

I havent played MP at all yet, but I've heard that the best and most fun is to fly in squads, and I figure thats my playstyle aswell (I play alot of BF4 aswell). Is there any squad who'd like to get me in and fly with you?

I got no problems with releasing flares manually, land a smashed up plane, start-up procedures etc.. FC3 or A10C, doesnt matter.

Hardware

Cyborg V1 Flight Stick

FX-8320

R9 270X 2GB

8GB RAM

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

MIC? YES.

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

Try looking through here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34062

Or get yourself on the Virtual Aerobatics server, for some non-combat flying, with some friendly, helpful pilots.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Now, I cant say that I master the Warthog, I believe that would take months, but I am able to play the campaigns without too much problems. All I need is 6 AGM's hellfire missiles with the Maverick and a couple of Air-to-Air missiles, im aalll set! :D

I've had the A-10C for eight months, and I'm no expert. It's a great simulation. Don't let it's large number of do-thingys intimidate you.

Also, .END Affinity hosts a Free Flight and Weapons Training Scenario daily (hopefully, I have the desync issues fixed for good!). Friendly pilots who love to help.

Thanks for the replyes folks! :) I havent even clicked on the "MP" button yet, hehe. My first time will be when someone wants to give me a tour :D ^^

Btw, I find my rigs performance very very odd in this game... I can run Battlefield 4 in High/ultra (MSAA OFF) in 1920x1080 without lag. But this, I cant even play it on medium in 1920x1080.. AND I had to rollback my GPU drivers to AMD CCC 13.12, because 14.7 teared the hell outta the screen... Artifacts etc... Why??

AMD FX-8320 4.3GHz

8GB 1866MHz RAM

R9 270X 2GB

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

Alkaline,

there are some posts regarding AMD driver versions. Some say that one of the recent releases had a huge performance gain in DCS. YOu might wanna check the forum and search for ATI DRIVER etc... you will find it.

You may not have to set everything to LOW, some may well stay at medium, just not the ones that hammer your fps down. Try texture medium and scenery low, TREES should be visible no closer than 6km I guess for your rig, maybe even 7 or 8km. Grass...turn it OFF. MSAA and TSAA OFF, WATER LOW, SHADOW LOW, cockpit gimmicks OFF, Heat Blurr ON ( I have that on with my specs, see below in my sig, Apple MBP Retina ).

That is my setting for balancing playability and performance.

If you set textures to low, there aint much to read in any cockpit, its just pixelmash. With medium you can actually read the instruments and most important LABELS if you are new to the AC.

With EDGE 2.0 its supposed to get better. How much, we all would like to know that one, also when...we hope !

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Alkaline,

there are some posts regarding AMD driver versions. Some say that one of the recent releases had a huge performance gain in DCS. YOu might wanna check the forum and search for ATI DRIVER etc... you will find it.

You may not have to set everything to LOW, some may well stay at medium, just not the ones that hammer your fps down. Try texture medium and scenery low, TREES should be visible no closer than 6km I guess for your rig, maybe even 7 or 8km. Grass...turn it OFF. MSAA and TSAA OFF, WATER LOW, SHADOW LOW, cockpit gimmicks OFF, Heat Blurr ON ( I have that on with my specs, see below in my sig, Apple MBP Retina ).

That is my setting for balancing playability and performance.

If you set textures to low, there aint much to read in any cockpit, its just pixelmash. With medium you can actually read the instruments and most important LABELS if you are new to the AC.

With EDGE 2.0 its supposed to get better. How much, we all would like to know that one, also when...we hope !

Bit

Are you talking about AMD CCC 14.4, 14.7, 14.8?... I had 14.7, but that was a complete mess. Screeen tearing all over the place and artifacts like hell.. Rolled back to 13.12, its decent..

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

If you haven't tried this already, it is worth the simple effort. I also had significant issues with 14.4, and reverted back to 13.3. Per this thread (listed at bottom), my post starting at # 262, I found that I could use 14.4 direct and only for DCS while Windows would still only use 13.3, which totally increased my FPS and I had no other issues. Hope this helps:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109498&page=27

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 1 month later...

Though I'm not particularly fond of their mission design, there are typically 3+ human A-10C's flying on blue team in the 104th server using the server's TS3 channel (open to all). It is normal to have some Su-25's and Ka-50's mixed in the ground attack channel as well (I normally use the Ka-50). Coordinating strikes between the aircraft can be an interesting experience in of itself. It is relatively newbie friendly too, most there are happy to help with questions regarding specific planes.