Dropping bombs

Grizzly1606688174

Hey guys..

So after having spend hours reading, watching videos, trying and double checking everything, the plane just won't let me drop bombs. (Fab-100 etc)

It is no problem during the tutorial.. Same as my startup, it's is identical to the tutorial.

So, I start her up, double check everything, get everything ready to drop bombs, select the stations, arm them and so on.. When the piper shows up on the dive, all I get is a click sound but no drop.

I am missing something obvious but I just can't figure out what.. Anyone else with the same issue who found what they did wrong?

Also, jettison the bombs doesn't seem to work with the drop payload buttons?

^^How do you get the pipper show up on the HUD?

I have it enabled in other modes but when I select bomb stations, set those three ASP switches to MSL/ROCKETS, BOMBING and AUTO and after I armed the fuses, I don't get the pipper, just NET on the HUD?

I can get the pipper while in GUNS mode..but obviously not when I'm in bombing mode?

What am I missing? :)

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

^^How do you get the pipper show up on the HUD?

I have it enabled in other modes but when I select bomb stations, set those three ASP switches to MSL/ROCKETS, BOMBING and AUTO and after I armed the fuses, I don't get the pipper, just NET on the HUD?

I can get the pipper while in GUNS mode..but obviously not when I'm in bombing mode?

What am I missing? :)

Thanks.

I believe the distance to the ground needs to be fairly low (<2km) for it to show up.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

From what gather so far, for any air to ground mode to have pipper show up or be accurate, distance to target should be max 2 km, I believe this is radar's maximum reliable ranging distance for air to ground.

I think ASP needs to be in gyro mode too, no?

Anyways, I totally suck with bombs in MiG currently, with pipper or not :D

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I think ASP needs to be in gyro mode too, no?

Yes, it's in Gyro mode.

As for the distance..I'm flying quite close to the targets and still see no pipper?

So, this is what I did:

1. Set the "Master" switch to bombing

2. Select bombing stations/Pylons

3. Set the ASP switches from top to bottom to MSL/ROCKETS, Bombing and AUTO

4. Set ASP to gyro

5. Arm the fuzes

I make very low passes (starting from high altitutes) but pipper never shows up?

Should I use radar (beam) when I do the bombing runs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

While I was fiddling around with the ASP when still sitting on the tarmac, I wondered, too, where the pipper was. But when I read about that "angular correction" thingy and that it does something when the ASP is in automatic mode, I looked closer: it is the depression of the pipper - when in ground attack mode, it is obviously depressed quite a bit, below the gun sight when looking straight ahead. It will probably only fully visible when you are in a steep(ish) dive.

(all not tested, yet, just my theories so far!)

Never mind... :doh:

What I missed was the ASP. Mode needed to be on missiles and the weapon mode needs to be neutral.

Hopefully this can help others.

This was my first mistake, too. I still have the question in mind, that the ASP mode (regardless if HUD/ASP is on or not) prevents the pilot from dropping bombs is there in the real bird, too. Maybe some way to prevent missing targets caused by wrong ASP mode...

AFAIR weapon mode neutral isn't necessary. But ASP has to be in bomb mode.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

Yes, it's in Gyro mode.

As for the distance..I'm flying quite close to the targets and still see no pipper?

So, this is what I did:

1. Set the "Master" switch to bombing

2. Select bombing stations/Pylons

3. Set the ASP switches from top to bottom to MSL/ROCKETS, Bombing and AUTO

4. Set ASP to gyro

5. Arm the fuzes

I make very low passes (starting from high altitutes) but pipper never shows up?

Should I use radar (beam) when I do the bombing runs?

leaving the radar on in beam mode will provide more accurate ranging information. You can however get a calculation without it, albeit less accurate :book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]