Force Feedback problem.

Focha

Hi there,

Just downloaded it today and as I went for the tutorials I noticed that the MSFF 2 behave strangely. I don't feel any force with it but the force feedback motors are constantly running, making it a bit annoying to say the least.

I doubt that it could be my hardware but it does not happen with other aircrafts, only with Mig21.

Don't know if anyone has the problem too or if there is a way to fix it.

Kind regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Any news on the FFB fix.. we cannot fly the MiG with out it really.. Thanks

Do you need tester?

Yes, from about 2 days ago:

-- FFB Sticks buzzing and inoperability.

We've solved the FFB sticks issue, and this fix will be available with the next MiG-21 update.

Ah. Nice and quick. I wasn't sure if this was up already. Sorry for not having time to search thoroughly.

Regards

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Just did... first time today, nothing :)

Or do I have to install the 1.2.8 open beta and let it update? // Edit: That one also doesn't update, thought I removed it, just moved it from SSD to HDD :D

Edit 2 ;) - just doing a completely fresh open beta install, this should be the most recent version then.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Just did... first time today, nothing :)

Or do I have to install the 1.2.8 open beta and let it update? // Edit: That one also doesn't update, thought I removed it, just moved it from SSD to HDD :D

The Open Beta should have updated.

DCS 1.2.10 Update 2

We fixed two very annoying bugs that arrived with update 1 (campaign progress and player switching to other aircraft).

Also, there was included a several minor corrections.

Change Log 1.2.10 32275 Update 2

DCS World

Fixed lost of progress in campaign after 1.2.10.03295 update

Fixed bug when player at start mission switching to aircraft with random skill instead assigned aircraft

Fixed server crash on Radio.dll in multiplayer

Fixed crash in multiplayer mode when uses Oculus Rift device

Added missing picture of MiG-15Bis in encyclopedia for RU and DE version

Added missing textures of BTR-80 for Ukraine and Georgia

DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-27/33, MiG-29. The numbers of waypoint on cockpit display now are same as ME

DCS Fw 190 D-9

Fixed: With wings or ailerons off, FW190 has roll controllability

Added English training missions

Added Russian quick start missions

Added Czech quick start and single missions

Update 2 is available in Open Beta today and will be in main version tomorrow.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Just curious, where did you find these patch notes? Couldn't find the source :D

I also was wondering why it didn't update... but it doesn't take long to get a new open beta installation as it copies over most of the existing release version.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The FFB works now but it seems a bit simplified? No shaking when pulling hard and cockpit shakes, is OK this way?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Well, does this fix for FFB been already published with recent patch?

I can see change, but now it's worse than before, since vibration of joystick is permanent, whatever I'll set in ffb options in axis mapping, and even SimFFB now can't take over control of the ffb, so with this program running, joystick is vibrating anyway. The only option now is just to unplug power from controller.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

The FFB works now but it seems a bit simplified? No shaking when pulling hard and cockpit shakes, is OK this way?

Vibrations, or any forces of the control surfaces for that matter, are not transmitted back to the stick. There are several systems between the stick and the control surfaces that influence the "feel" of the stick and the forces needed to deflect it (SAU, ARU).

In fact, the way these systems change the feel of the stick seems to be quite well implemented in the 21.

Well, does this fix for FFB been already published with recent patch?

I can see change, but now it's worse than before, since vibration of joystick is permanent, whatever I'll set in ffb options in axis mapping, and even SimFFB now can't take over control of the ffb, so with this program running, joystick is vibrating anyway. The only option now is just to unplug power from controller.

The changes are published, yes. And for my G940 it works pretty well.

What joystick do you use?

Vibrations, or any forces of the control surfaces for that matter, are not transmitted back to the stick. There are several systems between the stick and the control surfaces that influence the "feel" of the stick and the forces needed to deflect it (SAU, ARU).

In fact, the way these systems change the feel of the stick seems to be quite well implemented in the 21.

Ah, I see. Makes sense. Thanks for info! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

What joystick do you use?

G940. :(

EDIT:

After restart of computer and second restart of game (counting from moment of update) I can see difference. There's shaking that probably is meant to come from engine - seems to be more or less proportional to the RPM - and that's all. Like Zaelu said, no feedback from steering planes, and even no effect related to trim setting. It's just very soft and barely keept centered. Far from what A-10C have implemented.

So it seems, that in my case, shaking have to be disabled, because feeling the engine just working is pointless, and works on me as distractor instead of giving any feedback.

Edited by Pipok

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

G940. :(

EDIT:

After restart of computer and second restart of game (counting from moment of update) I can see difference. There's shaking that probably is meant to come from engine - seems to be more or less proportional to the RPM - and that's all. Like Zaelu said, no feedback from steering planes, and even no effect related to trim setting. It's just very soft and barely keept centered. Far from what A-10C have implemented.

So it seems, that in my case, shaking have to be disabled, because feeling the engine just working is pointless, and works on me as distractor instead of giving any feedback.

Strange. Before your G940 worked ok - or it works ok in other games?

And are you sure you're running the latest DCS update? Which version does it show? It should be 1.2.10.32275 now. If not, do an Update DCS. But if it is the current version, try a Repair DCS ...

Strange. Before your G940 worked ok - or it works ok in other games?

And are you sure you're running the latest DCS update? Which version does it show? It should be 1.2.10.32275 now. If not, do an Update DCS. But if it is the current version, try a Repair DCS ...

Yes, my G940 is working properly in other products.

And regarding update, I am not sure what version, and since I am now at work I can't really verify it, but I've done this udpate yesterday, so I assume it's recent offficial update.

Maybe let's try different approach - what behaviour should I expect from my FFB?

When and how it should work in Mig-21B?

EDIT:

The version I have is 1.2.10.32275.

Edited by Pipok

Natural Born Kamikaze

We made some interesting observations regarding FFB stickforces. On the G940 the forces on the roll axis are quite stiff with a very pronounced center, while on the pitch axis the forces are a lot looser with about 2 cm free moving play in the center (observed by me and a friend). First we thought that this is a particular feature of the MiG-21. Then a friend with a different FFB stick (Microsoft MFFB2 if I am not mistaken) commented that his stick is loose in the roll axis and stiff in the pitch axis.

Anyone noticed similar things with his particular brand of FFB stick?

This 'rotaton' of forces can be caused by the same reason like long time ago it was in KA-50. That time it was required to do some manual configuration editing, to correct situation.

Natural Born Kamikaze

Mbot, I also noticed what you said, especially on th ground and I also thougjt this might be a MiG 21 thing. I have G940.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We made some interesting observations regarding FFB stickforces. On the G940 the forces on the roll axis are quite stiff with a very pronounced center, while on the pitch axis the forces are a lot looser with about 2 cm free moving play in the center (observed by me and a friend). First we thought that this is a particular feature of the MiG-21. Then a friend with a different FFB stick (Microsoft MFFB2 if I am not mistaken) commented that his stick is loose in the roll axis and stiff in the pitch axis.

Anyone noticed similar things with his particular brand of FFB stick?

MS FFB2 needs "swap axis" in FFB settings. Then they're behaving the same way.

The pitch control force increases at higher speeds 1:1 with the elevator control translator system, or directly if you override it and change it manually.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg