Proposing Mig 21-93 BISON

KewlerMouh

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be to me a next fighter module I would buy (aircrafts what I buy next are Mi-24 and AH-1).

What makes Mig-21Bison so great? Modern A-A missiles and then datalink to others. If we ever get Su-30MKI level module, Mig-21Bison is a must then. There would probably be a market for even India as the map.

But bad thing just is that Su-30MKI probably is pretty classified as they didn't even use the radar in other mode than Training mode in Red Flag so the USA wouldn't get the classified radar data.

But dreaming Mig-21Bison flying with datalink to Su-30MKI that can guide with its radar Migs on the enemy. Migs having a smaller RCS making them hard to spot and they get quickly in and out. As far I know, capable to even launch missiles via datalink that Su-30MKI guides in.

So I would wish that we could see Mig-21Bison sometimes 2017-, after we have got all kind other modules too, like western comparable models for Mig-21Bis.

Bought the Mig-21Bis module yesterday and I have been having really much fun first time with fighters (I am helicopter pilot down to my heart) as there is something with the radar limitation and the fighter flight capabilities. Makes very nice to fly interceptions (not flied a single A-G task yet!) to its limits. I don't even yet know where is the fuel gauge, so I don't even have a clue how much I have burned the fuel. But I have been flying to 130km range, destroy C-130, do some dogfight against 2-3 of the F-4 and if survived then flied back to 130km to base and landed.

Mig-21Bison would clearly make this totally different kind beast, capable to challenge even the F-15C in dogfight (and from 30km).

But I hope that if Mig-21Bison module comes, it would be a "DCL" to Mig-21Bis module, a upgrade priced.

As I believe we could really enjoy more if there would start coming different variants of existing modules (Su-27 family, KA-50 models, Mi-24 variants, Mi-8 variants).

Of course all required thing would be the "base module" and then get wanted variant or all of them individually priced as upgrades.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 3 months later...

How much work would it require to make a Mig-21 Bison?

I assume it would require much less work then making a completly new aircraft since alot of the material can be reused.

I would love do see a Modern Mig-21.

The Mig-21 Bison or Lancer would probably be the most logical choices mainly due to the fact they are in service and probably easier to get info and also the they are pretty good ones.

Id probably rather see the Bison as from my understanding its has alot of advantages over the Lancer and also if the lancer they would have to pick either the Air-Air Lancer or the Air-Ground Lancer.

But eitherway an upgraded Mig-21 would be a day 1 buy for me.

I would rather have more 2nd/3rd gen jet fighters added.

NO more FC3-level stuff, and I believe none is planned anyway, FC3 was a needed move to increase the initial offerings of the DCS World, but now I believe DCS has grown enough that FC3-level stuff are not needed anymore.

I would definitely buy the Lancer variant, even without a discount and I own the BIS module. I think the Lancer might be more accessible to the Leatherneck Sims crew since it's romanian, so it's in Europe, rather than the Bison, which was developed in India.

But I would rather see that they focus on 2nd/3rd gen. Mach 1+/2+ speeds, without great BVR capabilities, with lesser avionics, makes it my favorite jet fighter gen for the combat flight sim for those reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

It is normal you feel like that guys.

Our Mig-21Bis can do better his job, specially in MP environmental. How come you ask too soon for an upgrade?? The best can you do with a interceptor is hit and down all is flying of the enemy forces, but... we can do our job without GCI?? we can do our job with the AWACS buggy for the Mig-21 like now??

Yes we have the Mig-21 already, but we can not do our job with this interceptor. No we can't, at least not with the actual situation.

The radar of this bird should be on the ground!!! EWR or GCI does not exist for this Bird in MP. The EWR is buggy!!!

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is normal you feel like that guys.

The radar of this bird should be on the ground!!! EWR or GCI does not exist for this Bird in MP. The EWR is buggy!!!

¨

MMM yeah! EWR and CGI! not exactly sure what you mean by these acronym. I understand its probably a ground directed radar and the early warning radar! A bit more explanation could be good!

I'm not bashing you, your argument are a bit hard but valid!

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

EWR: early warning radar. GCI: ground control interceptor

EWR have a Bug that does not allow use it in MP for the Mig-21

GCI does not exist in this SIM

So if the hardware that need the Bis version is not ready in the Sim, the only we can do is ask for a BVR capable version like the BISON one.

Not kidding you, even the Mig-29 is made thinking to use with GCI.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

we can do our job with the AWACS buggy for the Mig-21 like now??
I can Bogey Dope my way to a kill, but da Bison would be a version that is actually competitive with its DCS stablemates.

I have to say though, from what I now know of the Fishbed, the Egyptian, Jordanian and Syrian pilots must have been terrified trying to head in to combat with that one eyed three legged race horse.

• 2 weeks later...