[RESOLVED] Stall and Spin FM issue

chn6

I love DCS MiG-21Bis very much, he is better than all known flight simulation software is more outstanding, so I hope to perfect.

In testing the stall and spin, I found MiG-21 in the stall after entering the spin, can be supersonic and finally explosion.

I provide the attached Tacview file acmi.

attachment.php?attachmentid=107551&stc=1&d=1416192224

bug2.thumb.jpg.736ccbc5f36de1ada615188ca2af9bd6.jpg

MiG-21Bis_FMbug.txt.rar

Edited by Cobra847

Noticed the same a couple of times, when testing airplane handling in spins. It seems that MiG's flight model doesn't like flat spins, it sometimes goes crazy and accelerates the plane to supersonic speeds much faster than emergency afterburner :D. Next, before you know it, BOOOM happens.

Not a big deal for me, because you usually don't spin the MiG in normal combat anyway, but this peculiar behaviour might need to be looked into somewhere in the future.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Noted. Will check.

However, consider:

- object in a free fall from e.g. 6000m will reach ~340 m/s terminal velocity (we are ignoring the impact of drag in this case).

So the terminal velocity in case of 21 spin will inevitably be very high, but i will check that drag is calculated correctly.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noted. Will check.

However, consider:

- object in a free fall from e.g. 6000m will reach ~340 m/s terminal velocity (we are ignoring the impact of drag in this case).

So the terminal velocity in case of 21 spin will inevitably be very high, but i will check that drag is calculated correctly.

Ta.

I have a track file where it happened what I quoted above, from an older version (1.2.10 if I recall correctly). If you want I can upload it.

It's basically when pulling a lot of AOA, it goes out of limits, and if you keep the stick back the aircraft will dramatically accelerate up to and through mach 1 (followed by the aircraft blowing up).

• 2 months later...
Taken in version 1.2.12 and track played on v. 1.2.14

Plane behaviour in stall is 'spiky' and looks unnatural

The fact that it looks unnatural to you is not prove that it is wrong.

Go read manual sections on stalls and spins an you will find out about unsteady oscilations around all 3 axes.

The fact that it looks unnatural to you is not prove that it is wrong.

Of course it does not prove anything. Just my opinion you know. It's up to developers whether to check it or not, and whether to fix it or not. Or to tell that its correct.

Go read manual sections on stalls and spins an you will find out about unsteady oscilations around all 3 axes.

I did it. I do not argue with the fact that there should be those oscilations. I doubt that they should occur in such "spiky" manner when plane inertia cant be felt.

But once again, my opinion does not prove anything. If it can be explained that it is currently correct it the sim such an explanation would be much appreciated.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

OK, then its a question of a magnitude and frequency of those oscilation.

To be honest I was wondering about them too and also of inecial rotation effect that sometimes accompanies stalls/spins. But since I have no data on them

im not questioning them because of unnatural feel.