Server Announcement: -= ACG WW2 Server (EU) =-

IronJockel

;2330353']did you buy a german plane ? if not - you cant fly them :music_whistling:

You didn't understand! The server throws out me if I sit down on BF 109 and FW 190. Why the server doesn't allow me to fly by these planes, but on a mustang please? I sit down in a cockpit and in 5-10 seconds me throw out, but 2-3 times to me managed to be played completely, now such isn't present, throws out at once.

:cry:

Edited by Dozerblat

"И собрали они царей в местности Армагеддон". (Откровение 16:16)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you chosen a plane with a reservation by accident?

There are several planes which are reserved for specific players - make sure that you choose a plane without a nickname in the list.

Likely you are right. Thanks

"И собрали они царей в местности Армагеддон". (Откровение 16:16)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When the player count reaches a certain amount for a nation, the AI no longer spawns.

And the AI is by no means uber, I think you simply got pounded by human players.

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AI was still there and didn't get removed. They are by no means hard to shoot down but to myself and I'm sure many others ... a waste of time or ammo. I can shoot down Ai all day on quick start missions or in the mission editor. Really hate that almost every server now days is running missions with them. Nothing worse than wasting ammo on 2 or 3 Ai and having to go land so you can get vulched. Paint them pink or something so I don't waste my ammo or alt/energy advantages.

well, first of all, just like JST pointed out, they only spawn to a certain point where the players for each side reach a limit....also freddie, they are "painted pink". its made sure, that AI uses different skins than players.

it is possible though,that if you dont run the modpack, that reserved planes then look for you like the default skins the AI is using as well....

tbh, i would love to get rid off the AI as well.but then we are back, with an empty server, where nobody wants to be the first guy to join and wait for others to join. promise to stay 24/7 on the server, and i will delete them :)....no honestly, i can easily try and make a version without AI...

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

^^no, nothing of Lilkiki's work is included....although they are really awesome.

if you click the link to the modpack, there is a description of what it contains.

but basically:

adjusted/heavily reduced flyby sounds once in cockpit with closed canopy

(we think that they are extremely unrealistic, and i personally find it pretty annoying when i hear a bandit on my six, and only because of that become aware of him)

deleted gun-smoke clouds(the effect is pretty poor and just looks bad...many complained about them, so we deleted them)

we added a tracer to the 109 cannon(the bullet type is developed by ED, we added it only into the loadout)

LODs...we adjusted LODs for all 3 ww2 fighters, and made sure they follow the same rules.(you dont have to longer look at invisible boxes, and also the inconsistency between LOD switches between the 3 planes is now gone)

skinpack..there are reserved planes on the server for certain players...they have custom skins.in order for everybody to see the awesome work done by the community, a skinpack is also included to make sure you see all of them correctly on our server.

Great server, thank you very much for it!

But please don't make me update the mod pack on a daily basis, since it already grew quite big with the addition of the skins. Takes some time to load here and i have just stuffed the 4.0 into the mod manager... :)

Edited by MatthlK

:)

i will very likely from now on only update every two weeks or maybe even on a monthly basis...i understand that is annoying to constantly download new packages...the reason i made a new update was, that finallly i got the details for a russian friend, who actually was the first to get a custom aircraft...so i didnt want to let him wait any longer.

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

David,

do you fly with this mod?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1195109/

I've noticed with the recent 1.2.15 push, that I now have missing textures, along the top of canopy. I've removed it for now.

was curious.

-Jav

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

well, first of all, just like JST pointed out, they only spawn to a certain point where the players for each side reach a limit....also freddie, they are "painted pink". its made sure, that AI uses different skins than players.

it is possible though,that if you dont run the modpack, that reserved planes then look for you like the default skins the AI is using as well....

tbh, i would love to get rid off the AI as well.but then we are back, with an empty server, where nobody wants to be the first guy to join and wait for others to join. promise to stay 24/7 on the server, and i will delete them :)....no honestly, i can easily try and make a version without AI...

Maybe I caught a leftover or something because I killed a FW190 Ai and there were 14-17 players on the server. I run the mod pack 1.1 but I was flying allies for a change so I didn't really notice a huge difference in Axis skins. I understand why they are included and your server isn't the only one that has to use them. Guess I'm just tired of the "air quake" or "airfield vulching quake" missions and miss the more patrol oriented or actual mission types but I'm probably in the minority on that.

Maybe I caught a leftover or something because I killed a FW190 Ai and there were 14-17 players on the server. I run the mod pack 1.1 but I was flying allies for a change so I didn't really notice a huge difference in Axis skins. I understand why they are included and your server isn't the only one that has to use them. Guess I'm just tired of the "air quake" or "airfield vulching quake" missions and miss the more patrol oriented or actual mission types but I'm probably in the minority on that.

lot of people miss it but when we had suchs a mission running nobody joined. Besides: we need the right map.

lot of people miss it but when we had suchs a mission running nobody joined. Besides: we need the right map.

I noticed when the modpack was forced in order to join, the player population dropped. Those missions were pretty nice and stood out from the normal low alt. frag fest DoW had on some of its missions, and ofc what the current air quake mission is.

I noticed when the modpack was forced in order to join, the player population dropped. Those missions were pretty nice and stood out from the normal low alt. frag fest DoW had on some of its missions, and ofc what the current air quake mission is.

Is there a way that mods can be forced on the server side so people didn't have to worry about finding certain mods or downloading them?

You mean the server just applies the necessary mods for you when you join? I doubt that can be done currently but that would be a very nice system.

Yes. Just have the server apply the mods when someone joins and then when it gets updated or changed nobody has to worry about having the correct version. Would definitely make it simple for those that play on multiple servers that have mod checks and or those that just want to jump on for awhile.