Will Black Shark kill our systems even worse than LOMAC?

I am drooling over the possiblity of a great helo sim. However, ground pounding in LOMAC 1.02 can already stress my system a little more that I would like. Especially when there are lots of vehicles, explosions, smoke, ect. That is the main reason why I prefer flying the interceptors over the ground pounders. Is Black Shark just gonna make things worse? Or will they be making some tweaks to the graphic code? All these new screenshots showcase the graphics of Black Shark, but are actually scaring me away from buying it. I'm gonna be very hesitant to buy it if ground pounding gets even worse (fps wise) than it already is.

All my games, except LOMAC, run great at high settings on my system: Pacific Fighters, Americas Army, BF2.

Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego,

X850XT

2 GB Corsair XMS

Since you're still using 1.02 it needs to be said the for alot of people FC gives an overall smoother gameplay experience. Personally I didn't see an increase in FPS, just smoother and more stable. The big one in FC was the ground units LODs that makes large missions with 100+ units possible. BS I assume will carry this forward.

On the russian part Chzih did say that BLSK will have higher minimun requirements than FC, the question is how much higher.

The original minimum specs were already too optimistic, maybe they just amended that mistake.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

No, no speedtree, and I don't miss it, I'd rather have "ugly" (they're not that bad actually, uite barable) trees than beautiful trees and horrible fps due to cycles to calculate the collision boundries.

Speedtree is great, but not until the rest of the code is further optimized, and that will take some time.

• Like 1

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

What about SpeedTree, will it be implemented in BS?

Speedtree will not be in BS, unless a miracle happens and they add it in at the last minute.

I am drooling over the possiblity of a great helo sim. However, ground pounding in LOMAC 1.02 can already stress my system a little more that I would like. Especially when there are lots of vehicles, explosions, smoke, ect. That is the main reason why I prefer flying the interceptors over the ground pounders. Is Black Shark just gonna make things worse? Or will they be making some tweaks to the graphic code? All these new screenshots showcase the graphics of Black Shark, but are actually scaring me away from buying it. I'm gonna be very hesitant to buy it if ground pounding gets even worse (fps wise) than it already is.

All my games, except LOMAC, run great at high settings on my system: Pacific Fighters, Americas Army, BF2.

Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego,

X850XT

2 GB Corsair XMS

AMD brother you already have the platform , the x850 xt is old news I traded my 6600 gt for a 7800 gs. Seems I have been buying a new video card every 12 months. Worth it to me. although if Lock on primary concern I think I might been happy with a 6800gs. 256 mb

Still it would be great to at least see some beta testers or an official statemnt from ED lay down some hardware recommendations for Black Shark. ESP. video card expectations. I mean I think a 6800 gs could handle it but what is overkill ? :)

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

No, no speedtree, and I don't miss it, I'd rather have "ugly" (they're not that bad actually, uite barable) trees than beautiful trees and horrible fps due to cycles to calculate the collision boundries.

Speedtree is great, but not until the rest of the code is further optimized, and that will take some time.

Excellent statement.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

1.2 is as smooth as 1.12 and considering 1.2 renders ALL buildings and trees on medium view settings i think thats a major opitmization !!

Im getting around the same FPS hit flying down the center of a town/city in the KA50 as i do in a SU25T in 1.12.

I know people who think if they have a FX7800/X1900XL and dual core 4400 they can run Lockon @ 1600x1200 AFx16 AAx16 with all settings on HIGH. This in reality is not so...yeah she'll run but you will still be pissed at the FPS you get.

Ya need to turn RES and AF/AA down, i run Lockon on 1024 or 1152 with all settings on high (view distance medium) and Lockon looks fantastic with 30+ average FPS....so the moral IMO is turn down the RES and watch the FPS rise :D.

1.2 is as smooth as 1.12 and considering 1.2 renders ALL buildings and trees on medium view settings i think thats a major opitmization !!

Im getting around the same FPS hit flying down the center of a town/city in the KA50 as i do in a SU25T in 1.12.

I know people who think if they have a FX7800/X1900XL and dual core 4400 they can run Lockon @ 1600x1200 AFx16 AAx16 with all settings on HIGH. This in reality is not so...yeah she'll run but you will still be pissed at the FPS you get.

Ya need to turn RES and AF/AA down, i run Lockon on 1024 or 1152 with all settings on high (view distance medium) and Lockon looks fantastic with 30+ average FPS....so the moral IMO is turn down the RES and watch the FPS rise :D.

What when some action happens. Armoured collumn driving through a city, few buildings burning. Some more stuff happening on the map, and planes flying in front of you. Will it then work as slow as 1.12 (and any previous versions) by droping frames to total minimum?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

The big one in FC was the ground units LODs that makes large missions with 100+ units possible. BS I assume will carry this forward.

Until I upgrade to a sUpr-sn4zzY CPU I'm personally going to hunt down and wound any guy's inner child who design a mission like this and ask me to play it.:horseback