DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

OK so it might be something with the driver. You should not have to modify anything under the driver settings. It was the version 1.x that used a custom USB driver. This has long been replaced. Hmmm.

I have attached a screenshot of my Device Manager.

It WAS the driver (it's always those damn drivers...)

and after messing with it several times (cant reproduce what I've done already...) the driver looks ok now,

not as in the manual though...

In Hardware tab - under device functions, mine notes

HID compliant device and

USB Input Device.

The manual says it should be

HID compliant devices ” and

HID compliant consumer control device

which I always tried to change to...

Anyway, it looks great and thank you for the program and the support!!

Cheers :thumbup:

Ron

• Like 1

Callsign   SETUP

That is just excellent! Thanks for posting the information.

The manual has been removed for revision when moving the project to GitHub.

It WAS the driver (it's always those damn drivers...)

and after messing with it several times (cant reproduce what I've done already...) the driver looks ok now,

not as in the manual though...

In Hardware tab - under device functions, mine notes

HID compliant device and

USB Input Device.

The manual says it should be

HID compliant devices ” and

HID compliant consumer control device

which I always tried to change to...

Anyway, it looks great and thank you for the program and the support!!

Cheers :thumbup:

Ron

Is there a way (or can you make a way) to auto load a profile I select once I launch the program?

With all the other stuff to launch like Track IR etc. I need a separate checklist just for launching the game, let alone flying... :)

Thanks!!

Callsign   SETUP

Is there a way (or can you make a way) to auto load a profile I select once I launch the program?

With all the other stuff to launch like Track IR etc. I need a separate checklist just for launching the game, let alone flying... :)

Thanks!!

That feature has been in use before. I removed it because I had some issues with something and what not. I don't remember the details. I'll add it back once FP works properly with FIPs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gentlemen, Im new to flight panels and dcs bios. really excited to find it though.

Ive got the switch panel and cant seem to get it to work. I installed fp and dcs bios per the manual, pointed fp at the right version dcs world 2 open alpha, the gui shows up and the cog spins. Whenever I move the landing gear handle I get 1066 method not found system array empty error. Getting a little frustrated. Any ideas?

Hi gentlemen, Im new to flight panels and dcs bios. really excited to find it though.

Ive got the switch panel and cant seem to get it to work. I installed fp and dcs bios per the manual, pointed fp at the right version dcs world 2 open alpha, the gui shows up and the cog spins. Whenever I move the landing gear handle I get 1066 method not found system array empty error. Getting a little frustrated. Any ideas?

Do you have .NET 4.6.1 installed?

Hello Guys!

I'm running Windows 8.1 and like Ron535 I'm also getting the following error:

14.04.2016 06:06:16 version : 2.1.451.4491

1 Message = [iNFO : No Saitek FIP driver found. FIP support not loaded. (assuming no FIPs are connected)]

I'm a bit clueless on what to do now, I installed the NET 4.6.1 which was recommended earlier in this thread but it did not solve the problem =(

I will stop developing Flightpanels, hopefully there is someone out there ready to take over the cockpit duty. I will gladly answer dev questions later on if any.

Big thanks to you all that have been part of the project, specifically pdmarsh & DarkWolf.

:pilotfly:

I will stop developing Flightpanels, hopefully there is someone out there ready to take over the cockpit duty. I will gladly answer dev questions later on if any.

Big thanks to you all that have been part of the project, specifically pdmarsh & DarkWolf.

:pilotfly:

Sorry to hear that... but thank you for this project!!

Just got it recently and I'm happy to see it working in DCS.

I hope to see further development of this, as I was just getting into it...

Thanks Again :clap_2:

Ron

Callsign   SETUP

• 3 weeks later...

So I recently had to replace my computer's HDD and I can't get this application to work anymore. Official Saitek software's tester works, SPAD works, but when I open the GUI I just get a blank window with a spinning wheel on top saying it's receiving from DCS-Bios. I just want to access the keyboard emulation function of it to run it with Elite Dangerous. I've tried it without any drivers installed, with the drivers installed, I'm executing it as Admin, I'm getting the same results every time. I'm running the "pre release" .zip file available on the download page on github since it's the only one I see available for download.

Trying to make a new profile will give me the following error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: prousbpanels.exe

Problem Signature 02: 2.1.555.4491

Problem Signature 03: 56f66455

Problem Signature 04: NonVisuals

Problem Signature 05: 2.1.451.4491

Problem Signature 06: 56f66453

Problem Signature 07: 2d

Problem Signature 08: 7

Problem Signature 09: System.MissingMethodException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 4105

Additional Information 1: b90c

Additional Information 2: b90cf3b1fab9cb76eabe9cc18e0f5c45

Additional Information 3: e193

Additional Information 4: e1935054201426e0a4f0c7c365753219

Any clue as to what could be going on?

EDIT: finally solved it. If anyone runs into this problem, my .NET framework wasn't up to the latest version, and it also seems like I had to install Saitek's official drivers for the peripheral as well.

Edited by Ottomic

EDIT: finally solved it. If anyone runs into this problem, my .NET framework wasn't up to the latest version, and it also seems like I had to install Saitek's official drivers for the peripheral as well.

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm glad that you were able to resolve the issue. I'm sure this will help others as well.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I really enjoy this program which has allowed me to build my own "sim pit" using all five panels and 2, soon to be 4, fips running the x52 fip program also in the forums. I even sent arturdcs a donation to help continue the development. Sadly He has decided to cease development of flightpanels.

I noticed that version 2.5 has the ka50 programing started yet it looks to be not finished. I mostly use 2.4 and wondered if the ka50 could be included in this version? I would be willing to test, support, donate etc. I do not have any programing skills (I could fix your rolls royce though).

Anyway, hoping someone would be willing to continue development. With all the new moduals coming (I just added the gazelle to my stable), I hope that they get adapted to dcsbios and then flightpanels.

Thanks for your support on this progam, All the best.

Greg

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Follow up in my case, there was something else that "solved" my "problem" that I wasn't familiar with:

If the panel is not showing up on launch, you have to click con the "pz55" tab on top for it to load!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys, no new about leds and FC3 planes?

@FULCRUM -- I'm not sure if this is what you are asking about, but I doubt LEDs will ever be available for use with FC3 planes given the need for DCS-BIOS control. So far, only four modules are supported by DCS-BIOS: A-10C, UH-1H, MiG-21 and Ka-50. Given that any new module needs its own DCS-BIOS support, I don't see anyone going backwards to support FC3 planes.

If I completely missed the question, though, please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

We can get G's and AoA from Mig-21 with this mod?

Edit: sorry I just see the Instrument panel is not supported. Any idea to support this hardware for DCS http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/fip.html found this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=111834&highlight=Instrument+panel no sure if this guy is DCS active now.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@pepin1234 -- ArturDCS tried hard to get the FIPs working in Flightpanels, but there were problems that were difficult to overcome. I don't know of any currently active efforts to enable FIPs in DCS. Hopefully, someone will take up the challenge.

I did try one of the existing apps, or plugins, but it interfered with Flightpanels.

Paul

You mean that "Passerelle" is not working for you?!

Hi chrilith -- I don't recall which application I tried at the time. I'll get on my sim PC and try to find it. Whichever it was, I was not able to get it and Flightpanels working at the same time.

Are you running FIPs using Passerelle along with Flightpanels?

Thanks,

Paul