40 inch 4K TV screen for DCS ?

hi. I have seen a Samsung 40 inch 4K TV screen.

should I buy it ? what would my gaming experience be like. I want to play Black Shark 2.

I think I will have to connect my Nvidia GPU to the screen via HDMI cable.

I understand that using such a big screen means the details will not be as sharp as, say, a 4K 28 inch dedicated PC screen using display port.

what about the response times ?

any other info would be appreciated.

thanks.

screen name- ( I think )

Samsung, UA40HU7000

You are aware that ONLY HDMI 2.0 can provide 60Hz ??

The common HDMI 1.x versions only do 25 or 30Hz and that is a clear no-go.

If it offers DP than you might be lucky if the response times are OK, which I again doubt.

There is no such 40" 4k around that fits our DCS needs afaik.

The closest you may get is a 27" Asus 4k screen that delivers 60Hz and 5ms for 500 € retail, fair deal if you accept 60Hz.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

It does indeed look like that screen supports HDMI 2.0, so you could get the full 60Hz out of it with 900-series cards. If you're going to do it, I'd strongly recommend going SLI. I tried a single 970 at 4K and FPS rarely went over 40, and often dropped to the teens, whereas with 2 970s now I'm usually around 40-70.

One thing I'd encourage you to do, though, is first research whether that model can properly do "4:4:4 chroma color" at 4K/60Hz. Check out the Nvidia 900-series forums for details on that. But bottom line is, if the monitor can't do it (despite what the manual claims) you're going to have color problems in games.

As for response times, I'm not sure what my Panasonic has, but I have no complaints about it across multiple different games.

Unless youre a competitive FPS gamer then you dont need to worry too much about response times.

The panasonic AX800 and AX900 series tvs have displayport which will be fine for 4k 60hz. The LG 850v are also a good option if you have a Hdmi 2.0 capable card. Philips also do a good 4k 40 inch monitor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

thanks for the info.

I have a choice. 28 inch 4K acer ( display port ) dedicated PC screen, or, Samsung 40 inch 4K TV ( HDMI 2 ).

Or 50 inch 4 K TV screen.

what do you recommend ?

best image quality ? e.t.c.

Edited by m1tp2king

I have the Seiki 39" 4k. I love it. Would 60hz be better, yes of course, but for less than $400 its a great display. Spotting targets at 4k is so much more realistic. Go 4k!

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

thanks for the info.

I have a choice. 28 inch 4K acer ( display port ) dedicated PC screen, or, Samsung 40 inch 4K TV ( HDMI 2 ).

Or 50 inch 4 K TV screen.

what do you recommend ?

best image quality ? e.t.c.

In my opinion 28" is too small to notice a significant difference with 4K. The samsung wont do full colour chroma over hdmi.

Option 1: Philips 40" 4K monitor BDM4065UC (Displayport)

Option 2: Lg UB850V/UB8500 TVs (HDMI 2, various sizes)

Option 3: Panasonic AX800 TVs (Displayport and HDMI 2, various sizes)

At least thats what I would consider.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I have an ASUS PB287Q and I have three things to say on the subject:

Make sure the monitor supports and you use DisplayPort 1.1 or HDMI 2.0 and make sure it supports at least 60Hz at 4k. This particular monitor comes with a setting that needs to be adjusted out of the box to get 60Hz, and just the amount of time it took me to get things fixed up (which wasn't long) was enough to make me realize 30 Hz is terribad. If I can tell it's BAD.

You will want to use SLI. With one card I end up in the 20's for FPS a lot. With two 970's in SLI I usually see 30's to 50's, and sometimes a lot higher. For me anything over 30 is acceptable; my eyes are terrible, so I go with the old conventional wisdom that I can't tell the difference with anything over 30 FPS.

This is less important than the other two, but still worth consideration. It is best to use use Windows 8.1 for 4k. The screen scaling for 4k is superior. As in it just works. I have no tried Windows 7, but I have read repeatedly this is one place where Windows 8 wins big. You can use Windows 7, but your probably going to have to mess with icon and font sizes and so on trying to get things just right.

Take a look at:

LG 40UB8000

or

Philips BDM4065UC

One of these will be mine this year...

Epic Triple 4k Monitor Gaming Setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt5oE0gpnnk&hd=1

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

I bought a 65inch Samsung 4k Curve tv and while i had no intentions to primarily use it for DCS, i have a hdmi cable that projects it just fine when i play. Im not sure what my FPS is but everything flows smoothly with little to no flickering or interference in the screen. My laptop (ASUS ROG 751) runs at 75hz but has no issue with the 60hz from the TV when plugged in. I honestly prefer the curve tv over my monitors now lol.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I bought a 65inch Samsung 4k Curve tv and while i had no intentions to primarily use it for DCS, i have a hdmi cable that projects it just fine when i play. Im not sure what my FPS is but everything flows smoothly with little to no flickering or interference in the screen. My laptop (ASUS ROG 751) runs at 75hz but has no issue with the 60hz from the TV when plugged in. I honestly prefer the curve tv over my monitors now lol.

Such a curved TV is 8 grand right?

The Philips BDM4065UC is your ONLY safe bet in regards to a large 4k PC display.

So far it's the first and only made for PC panel of it's size and it's been getting pretty good reviews so far.

I've got mine ordered, so l'm excited to see how it does...

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat