DCS: MiG-21bis Preliminary Changelog 1.2.14+

Cobra847

Well, they said probably with next DCSW patch... which will probably appear when MiG-15 is released... which will probably happen somewhere by the end of this month :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the modules I own this one is by far my favorite. Thanks LN for your continued dedication to this fantastic aircraft. Having watched this bird go from a mod for LockOn to a full fledged module has been awesome. Thanks again guys.

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

Sorry if it has been asked before but what do you mean exactly by "Ground Steering (Taxi) more restrictive in Simulation Mode"? Thanks!

Rudder input (without braking) will not cause the nose-wheel to turn. If you want to change your taxi-direction you will have to use the diffrential brakes.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

-Fuselage Drag overspeed limit removed in Simulation Mode.

This might be a problem now. Drag doesn't seems to increase with speed at all near max speed. Mig over speeds too easily and we have to continuously turn afterburner on and off to try to mantain max speed without engine failure.

Check post #8 here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136200

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

The changes are big improvements, I'm especially liking the removal of the scripted top speed. As far as it being too easy to over speed, I'm not sure what to think. It does like to do that but isn't the AB supposed to be limited to 2 minutes use at a time anyways? Taking that approach, over speed isn't an issue except on the deck but that's to be expected. Even on the deck, I was able to balance the AB to maintain a steady 1330km/h. The engine cuts at a little over 1350km/h at 100m ASL. On a related note, on the deck the engine always seems to restart successfully. At 5km and above the engine permanently fails when over speeding. Not a bug, just an observation. I'm not sure what the exact cutoff is for the permanent engine failure.

On a related note, can we get a canopy melting animation in? Think I read somewhere that was the first thing to go in over speed. :P

Lots of nice improvement in 1.2.15.

But drag should increase square with speed and with it longitudinal desaceleration. You can check accelerations charts, the slope at 1G is for level flight.

I certainly can't keep a steady speed between mach 1 and mach 2, in level flight. Your are either accelerating with AFT on (even at lowest level, 655 C exhaust temp.) or descelerating with afterburner off. I only tested at 10000 m altitude. I can't imagine a real Mig-21 pilot constantly turning on and off the AFT to keep a mach 2 speed, and its not in the real manual either.

The 3 or 4 minutes limitation is only for emergency AFT. Hight altitud supersonic flights requieres afterburner, it is written in the manual.

Max speed at high altitud and level flight should be reached and maintained with afterburner. All the procedure is very clear in the real mig-21 bis manual.

With the current 1.2.15 there is no drag limitation and max speed is reached when engine fails, not when Engine Power = Drag.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

• 1 month later...
Lots of nice improvement in 1.2.15.

But drag should increase square with speed and with it longitudinal desaceleration. You can check accelerations charts, the slope at 1G is for level flight.

I certainly can't keep a steady speed between mach 1 and mach 2, in level flight. Your are either accelerating with AFT on (even at lowest level, 655 C exhaust temp.) or descelerating with afterburner off. I only tested at 10000 m altitude. I can't imagine a real Mig-21 pilot constantly turning on and off the AFT to keep a mach 2 speed, and its not in the real manual either.

The 3 or 4 minutes limitation is only for emergency AFT. Hight altitud supersonic flights requieres afterburner, it is written in the manual.

Max speed at high altitud and level flight should be reached and maintained with afterburner. All the procedure is very clear in the real mig-21 bis manual.

With the current 1.2.15 there is no drag limitation and max speed is reached when engine fails, not when Engine Power = Drag.

Ofcourse you will need to keep the burner on to go supersonic. Its no super cruise aircraft...

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

• 6 months later...
snip

I have a way of getting around this as of now. Once you hit your desired speed, turn nosecone control to manual and set the nosecone to be 1 or 2 less notches than it was in auto, then reduce power to the lowest burner setting. It takes 30 seconds to a minute to set up but once you get it dialed in you can cruise at mach 2 across the entire map.