New Nvidia Driver 84.43

Best i have seen so far with LOFC. I have about a 5-10 fps increase and no more slide show flying through smoke after moving mud. Highly recommended if you havent tried them yet. I have the 6800GS so im not sure how well they work with the 7xxx cards. Enjoy...

Im showing about a 5-10 gain in FPS.. .depending how close to the gorund... flying over congested areas.. etc. But i did also notice a temp increase on the card. Not very signiicant imo... maybe 3-5deg C. I can spare the extra temp if i get a smoother game.. :pilotfly:

PS: these are beta drivers @ nzone, and the list of fixes is "Tomb Raider SLI profile added" ROFL @ only fix... I wonder if it fixed the stuttering in TRL at least..

Anyway, Lazy link: http://nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_32bit_84.43.html

I picked mine up at http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1376. They showed some other fixes in there as well. Some specific tweaks for 7xxx cards with Oblivion and Purevideo, IIRC were noted in the forum. But i definitely see an improvement in LOFC for me over 84.20, which was the best last driver i was using.

The fps increase is an actual increase.... for me....

Now, i didnt sit down and write up an extensive chart comparing different drivers vs. fps, nor do i have a library of screenshots using various drivers...lol... but using CTRL+Backspace and quick fly my fps used to be around 55-60 when i entered the game. Now it stays more consistently in the 60's. Does it make a difference to me? Not a bit, since the human eye cant even see that change. But, what i have noticed is that i can fly through smoke on the A-10 quick fly mission without watching a slide show.

The best thing i could suggest is... try em out. If you dont like it. Go back to your old driver. If you "dont buy it" and havent tried em... thats cool too... lol... im not selling anything.. ;)

just passing along my experience with the new driver.... feel free to use it as you wish... :)

edit: EscCtrl, not sure about the 5200fx. They do have a list of cards compatible with these drivers.... let me see if i can find it...

I have noticed from the guru3d forums that some drivers are better for 6xxx cards while others tend to be better for 7xxx cards.

Let me see if i can find the list for ya...

had a problem when installing it - it said that the installation is not recommended due to windowsXP compatibility issues.

any ideas ?

thanks and wbr,

NotiA10

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

i am glad xp is only teasing me. Driver is installed now and i actually notice a drop in FPS over my previous driver (81.98). Cant tell you by how much but it is very noticeable. Any ideas ?

Kenan: lol - if cap drops out you have to do something - A10 is too slow to escape a fighter especially in flat terrain with no chance of hiding anywhere so might aswell engage.

thanks and wbr,

NotiA10

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

Do you want to hear something weird?

I was still running with my Original Nvidia drivers from last year!

Anyway this beta driver is running great!

- GPU is running about 10°C cooler

- Quality self shadow improved (self shadow issue solved)

- FPS is about the same I guess (This was already good with the original)

- Not yet found problems with other titles

Thanks anyway!

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

After testing a couple of extra hours I have to confirm that there is a huge FPS increase (5 à 10 FPS):pilotfly:

52+ FPS on the tarmac in a mission (before it was 44+)

Low alt over cities (3 à 5 FPS increase)

All this was done with my usual setup 16x12 2xAA,4xAF.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Due to the positive feedback on these drivers I re gave them a try.

Ok I found the source of the tearing I was getting with these drivers. I had forgotten to change my AGP/PCI frequency settings from auto to 66.66/33.33 when I flashed my bios weeks back :doh:.

For some reason 84.43 does not like the auto settings. Now seems stable so far, true they do increase FPS in all my games so far. :thumbup:

Hi Kindred,

Glad they are working out for you... and others...

I get tearing all the time in all games with every driver i have used. Especially when rapidly moving side to side with TIR. I figured this was normal. I have tried using Vert synch on, but still get tearing. What other options should i try? I'll look into my BIOS for the freq settings... is there anything else i should look into?

Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G (Rev 4.x)

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=1863&ModelName=GA-8IPE1000-G

P4HT 3.0 Stock

BFG 6800GS OC Stock

3 GB Micron Ram

Maxtor SATA 100GB HD

Hi Kindred,

I'll look into my BIOS for the freq settings... is there anything else i should look into?

Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G (Rev 4.x)

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=1863&ModelName=GA-8IPE1000-G

P4HT 3.0 Stock

BFG 6800GS OC Stock

3 GB Micron Ram

Maxtor SATA 100GB HD

Well let see, humm :book: the frequency setting should do the trick, make sure you use driver cleaner pro to clean out old nvidia entries, also my nvidia settings are always set to image settings: high quality, also in your advance settings, Negative LOD bias set it to clamp instead of allow. Make sure your AGP voltage in your bios is set to default. Lastly you can also check if your motherboard has the latest bios from Gigabyte. That’s about it I guess…

Hope this helps

Well, i tried everything. Neg LOD was already on clamp, image settings are high quality, BIOS was already set to 66/33/100, AGP volts are default, and i have the latest BIOS... which is F5. Trip Buff is on, Vert sync is on. 2xAA, 2xAF. I always use Driver Cleaner and go into safe mode.. etc etc.. when switching drivers.... still getting tearing...

Tearing is really bad around the smooth Hud frame i downloaded from lockonfiles, so i guess thats coming out.

Anything else you can think of? Thanks again for your help...

Actually, im rather pleased with the gigabyte board. I had originally built this gaming pc with an MSI board with an ATI card. Random reboots, CTD's.. all the time. This gigabyte board has been very good to me. Im normally an Nvidia guy, but i went with the ATI cause it was priced right and i had hoped they came a long way since TNT cards. The only two ATI cards i have owned i have had troubles with. From what i understand, its not so much the card, its the fact they can never develope a good driver. If anyone is interested in a cheap 9600 256mb Pro.. drop me a line..lol

As for the smooth hud, i stand corrected. I thought i had the smooth hud installed when in fact i did not. I installed the smooth hud, and its actually better than the default hud frame in terms of tearing. The tearing is uniform throughout where before the default hud frame had about 4 times the tearing as the rest of the screen.

Also, i should mention i am running this on a 37" LCD HDTV in 1360x768 60hz. Native resolution is 1366x768. The only way i can get 1366 is through powerstrip and im not really prepared to do that yet. Perhaps switching to 1280x720 may reduce tearing? I think the EDID is 1280x720 (whatever EDID is... dunno).

Well, i tried everything. Neg LOD was already on clamp, image settings are high quality, BIOS was already set to 66/33/100, AGP volts are default, and i have the latest BIOS... which is F5. Trip Buff is on, Vert sync is on. 2xAA, 2xAF. I always use Driver Cleaner and go into safe mode.. etc etc.. when switching drivers.... still getting tearing...

Tearing is really bad around the smooth Hud frame i downloaded from lockonfiles, so i guess thats coming out.

Anything else you can think of? Thanks again for your help...

EDITED: I'd try out different res/refresh rates.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

Also, i should mention i am running this on a 37" LCD HDTV in 1360x768 60hz. Native resolution is 1366x768. The only way i can get 1366 is through powerstrip and im not really prepared to do that yet. Perhaps switching to 1280x720 may reduce tearing? I think the EDID is 1280x720 (whatever EDID is... dunno).

Humm, might not be your computer then. You still have a CRT monitor around? If so plug it in to see...

I have MSI and an ATI cards and never had problems.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P