The Ka-50 Black Shark thread

So if you are still saying that is to early to respond some of the question... Then what I have pick up from your post is KA will never be out in this year, I guess. That is not a bad thing if things can be improved with the time. The time will come. I just hope KA-50 will be what I expect it to be. One thing I can assure with all the conviction; The multiplayer will be fantastic! I am already imagine all those KA-50 in formation attacking some ground troops and armor. I hope that they don´t forget about NOE. Very important to have some good river lines. Hehehe.

Just a silly question here (maybe it is to early for the answer);

Will there be a improved ATC and this will be dynamic on multiplayer battle (if two KA-50 coming for the base ATC will recognize both and giving them instructions)?

And there will be some VoIP with channels? That would be great.

Sorry if those questions were already questioned and answered.

Best regards to all and I really hope things are going the way they should for Ka-50.

Focha

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why we 'cant ask about the date of release'. i have been checking in on this site for over a year now, and im still told 'dont ask about the date of release'. this wait is getting ridiculous. im asking, and ED should be telling the diehards here. where are you at? im tired of checking in hear and getting put off. how long roughly do you expect til release? and yes we all know that it will be an estimate. thank you

No, ED should not be telling the diehards. ED has been burned before by giving release dates and then having things come up at the last moment, or whatever else.

So no, you will not get a release date. The best that's out there right now is 'hopefully 2007, maybe early in 2008'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

In terms of specific features, one of the most important improvements is probably the introduction of trigger events. For this, first iteration of the editor, three triggers are planned: a time trigger, a unit destruction trigger and a trigger upon entry into a designated area.
Triggers are similar to those seen in ArmA ME? Thanks for answer EB1.

Do you know where this EU Champ in flight sim will take plce ?

17-18th november, Budapest, Hungary.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

In an attempt to get a Head-Start on the Start-Up procedure of the Kamov Ka - 50, I have managed to put together a "Check-List" for myself detailing the start-up as I understand it:

Would it be possible for a Beta-Tester to peruse and crit the check-list and if possible, correct where applicable so as to ensure that I do not err from the outset?

Thank you Kindly :)

KA-50 Start-Up

1. Close the Door

Stage 1: Engage the Electric Power System

1.1 Set Batteries 1 and 2 online

1.2 Set the DC/AC Converter to Manual

1.3 Perform the Warning Lights Test and Carry Out a Cockpit Scan

1.4 Test Gauges and Panels Illumination

1.5 Turn on the Fire-Extinguisher System

1.6 Turn on the EKRAN Warning System (Confirm EKRAN On-Line - showing electrics running

off batteries

1.7 Turn on ALMAZ Voice-Warning System

1.8 Engage the Ejection System

Stage 2: Engage the Fuel System

2.1 Turn on Left and Right Fuel Pumps

2.2 Set the Fuel Meter On

2.3 Open Left and Right Fuel Shut-Off Valves

2.4 Open Fuel By-Pass Valve

2.5 Turn On Left and Right Engine Controllers

2.6 Turn On the Navigation Lights

2.7 Turn On Tip Lights

2.8 Turn On Strobe Light

Stage 3: Start the Engines

3.1 Start Elapsed Timer on the Clock

3.2 Push the Start Button

3.3 Confirm Engine RPM Climbing

3.4 Confirm Rotor RPM Climbing

3.5 Confirm Engines On-Line

3.6 Stop Elapsed Timer On the Clock

3.7 Confirm Engine Start-Time O.K.

3.8 Set Left and Right Generators On-Line

3.9 Turn On the Main Hydraulics Pump

3.10 Test Flight Controls (Cyclic, Rudders and Collective)

3.11 Turn on the Phito sensors

Stage 4: Engage the Navigation System

4.1 Turn On Navigation System Master Switch

4.2 Turn On K-041 Avionics System

4.3 Turn On Radio Systems Group

Test and Tune the Main Gauges

4.4 Perform Radar Altimeter Test

4.5 Set Safe Altitude on Radio Altimeter

4.6 Perform HSI Test

4.7 Perform ADI Test

4.8 Adjust ADI Pitch/Trim Settings

Enable Flight Plan in Main Navigation System

4.9 Switch On OPER Master Mode on Navigation Panel

4.10 Select Waypoint 1 in Flight Plan

4.11 Check Self-Position Co-ordinates

4.12 Select Current Waypoint Steering Time Hack Info

4.13 Enable Flight-Plan in ABRIS additional Navigation System

4.14 Turn On ABRIS

4.15 Navigate to Options Menu, choose Scale Mode and set to Manual

4.16 Go to Navigation Mode and set next waypoint manually

4.17 Navigate to Map Control Menu and adjust the scale

4.18 Adjust ABRIS Display Brightness if necessary

4.19 Adjust HUD Indication Brightness if necessary

4.20 Check Standby Reticle and Night HUD indication

Adjust the Navigation Mode

4.22 Turn on Route Navigation Sub-Mode

4.23 Check the Current Steering Mode

4.24 Switch to Course Steering Navigation Mode - Confirm Steering Mode Correct

4.25 Check HUD Steering Indication

4.26 Set AutoPilot Director Controllers On-Line

Stage 5: Engage Weapons Control System

5.1 Turn On Weapons Control System Master Switch

5.2 Turn On Laser Range-Finder

5.3 Set Burst Length to Long

5.4 Set Cannon Rounds Selector to Armor Piercing

5.5 Set Cannon Fire Rate to Low

5.6 Perform Tests on the T.V. Targeting System

5.7 Adjust T.V. Sight for Brightness and Contrast if necessary

5.8 Test Helmet-Mounted Sight

5.9 Reset Targeting System

5.10 Switch Master Arm On

5.11 Turn On UV-26 Passive Counter-Measures System

5.12 Initialise built-in UV-26 Test

5.13 Confirm UV-26 Test complete

5.14 Disengage UV-26 Test Mode

5.15 Programme UV-26 Flares Dispenser

Stage 6: Final Stage

6.1 Reset MIN/MAX achieved normal acceleration

6.2 Turn On Landing Light

Ready For Take-Off

6.3 Reset Elapsed Timer on the Clock

6.4 Start Flight Elapsed Timer on the Clock

And Away ye Go…………………….

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

In an attempt to get a Head-Start on the Start-Up procedure of the Kamov Ka - 50, I have managed to put together a "Check-List" for myself detailing the start-up as I understand it:

Would it be possible for a Beta-Tester to peruse and crit the check-list and if possible, correct where applicable so as to ensure that I do not err from the outset?

Thank you Kindly :)

Is that check list from the Ka50 startup video? Looks about right for that one . . . .

There are a couple more steps in the sequence now . . . but I'm not sure the NDA lets me tell you exactly what they are and what they do. It's broadly speaking right, and a good leg-up . . . . but it's just a bit more accurate (and complex) now.

• Like 1

Yes - from the StartUp vid.

Thanx for the confirmation - would have appreciated a "corrected/updated" version but completely understand the restrictions imposed by the NDA :)

Ta

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Force_Feedback

I think the discussion should be more of when it will be released rather then what it will have in the KA 50. I think the Russians should put more time towards debugging the sim and getting it out rather then spending all there time in their Battle Simulator business. It really show a lack of disrespect to all the loyal Lock On fans who keep plugging away at Lock On with the belief that one day they will have new sim to enjoy. At least give us “ONE” date and stick with it. It’s not right to look forward to a new toy only to be told that we have to wait again and again. As Larry the Cable Guy would say “Gett’er done”. You can be as loyal as you want to be towards a company but it’s not right what has happened here. That's my 2 cents worth.

To me - it seems more 'disloyal' to sell a product to your 'Loyal LockOn fan' that as a developer you aren't happy with, than to tell them straight up that it's not finished, work on it as fast as you can, and let them buy it when it is ready ...

Cheers.

No one wants sloppy workmanship. Not airline passengers, surgery patients, race car drivers, or flight sim enthusiasts. As anxous as I am for the release of Black Shark, I would not want it to be a piece of crap, nor do I think it will be. Most software requires some patching, and I don't expect BS to be any different (I'll be nicely surprised if it never needs patching). But I'd like for BS to be mostly whole with as few bugs as humanly possible. Still some bugs are to be expected. That seems to be the nature of the beasts. Patience, dear friends. And let us hope Black Shark will set new standards of gunship simulations beyond the legendary Lowgbow2, and not be released one day before it's ready.

Flyby out

• Like 1

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Will there be a improved ATC and this will be dynamic on multiplayer battle (if two KA-50 coming for the base ATC will recognize both and giving them instructions)?

And there will be some VoIP with channels? That would be great.

I'm don't believe there are plans to change the ATC logic at this point. The radio commands menu has been expanded for the Ka-50 to include new commands for wingmen and the tower. Also, the radio physics model has been completely redesigned, making radio traffic into a dynamic model accounting for LOS (terrain masking), terrain surface type, signal to noise ratio, etc. This applies to radio comms as well as radio navaids and the Ka-50 datalink, which uses the R-800 comms radio. In multiplayer, any four Ka-50s could work together as a group by switching to the same radio frequency to use the datalink.

I don't think VoIP is planned for Black Shark, although it is on the wishlist for the future.

Triggers are similar to those seen in ArmA ME? Thanks for answer EB1.
I'm not sure, never played ArmA. You're welcome.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Italian flag and aircraft

To Wags (TFC/ED Producer): you think is possible add, with Black Shark, italian flags with its aircraft?

• For defense we have, currently, F-16 (EF-2000 are still a little numbers).
  • For strike we have Tornado IDS.

So, in short, you simply must add the 3D model of F-16 and Tornado that we have yet in Lock On: you think is is possible?

I always asked myself why, in Lock On, Italy was absent.

We have Spain, U.K., France, Germany, Greece etc, but no Italy.

Italy are an Europe founder and was always engaged in the last big Nato conflicts: Iraq 1991, Kosovo 1999, Iraq and Afghanistan 2003...so isn't a "marginal" country in this point of view.

In the game, we had the same 3D models of others countries.

Why not Italy? Just curiosity without controversies.

Thank's in advance for your reply! ;)

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Hi!

Is there some kind of autopilot function in the KA-50, like Altitude Hold or Hover Hold? And will such thing be in the game?

I ask because I tried playing EECH1.9 recently (which doesn't have a working altitude hold feature), and since I olny have a simple 4axis/8button+hat stick, flying a helicopter is possible, but operating the weapon and other systems at the same time is ... tricky.:joystick:

What im saying, is im getting sick of this run around.the potential release date has gone from 2006 maybe 2007, and now maybe 2008. in that timeframe, two products could have been released. from the tone of this board that ive been hearing, i will take 'maybe 2008' in black shark-ese to mean definately 2008, if not 2009.

There was a mod (AFAIK by Alfa) for 1.02 that adds few european countries, namely Bulgaria, Italy and Portugal. But I think it was not remade for FC though.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Ka-50's autopilot is modelled in it's full potential ;) but that doesn't mean it will be easy to fly. What I realised is how different is to fly a helicopter compared to a jet and once I got used to the helicopter and started flying 'vertically' I found myself doing some ridicilous moves when I switched back to jets :doh:

• Like 1

=RvE=

Ka-50's autopilot is modelled in it's full potential ;) but that doesn't mean it will be easy to fly. What I realised is how different is to fly a helicopter compared to a jet and once I got used to the helicopter and started flying 'vertically' I found myself doing some ridicilous moves when I switched back to jets :doh:
:lol: I can imagine.

Same as in Operation Flashpoint. Surely you must have played it ;)
I played the campaign, but never really touched the mission editor. Classic game though.

It's known that most of Ka-50 systems will be copied in BS. ABRIS in about 90% (?). Is that correct or this percent is changed already?
Well, it's not a scientific estimate, but is a good way to reflect the effort to model the "iceberg" of systems detail Chizh mentioned before.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

So will BS have farps? Is that the right term for forward areas? can there be long range strike missions? Or is everything short stuff? I guess online play will be short range hops to target areas, huh? In IL2 I once created a long range carrier strike coop mission for the Pacific. It didn't go well. Some guys quit after 20 minutes of flying towards the enemey fleet. Some guys ran out of fuel. The stars came out, and finally I had to close the

coop due to complaints about the lenth of it. Still it gave the feeling of what real combat pilots went through on long flights over water. But I never made such a long mission again.

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

I like long missions. It makes you use your brain more than your burner :) - planning, timing, fuel management, loadout usage- you should pay attention to the last detail do make it safe on time. What you say about your IL-2 mission sounds pretty good and realistic to me. Don't let it go ;)

As for the Ka-50, it has a short range in combat profile, but in configuration for a ferry flight it can cruise for hours. So don't worry about it, you'll get the chance to work furhter on the deep penetration sorties ;)

=RvE=