[SUGGESTION] Let that pilot grow a head (someday)

Bourrinopathe

Ok, that's probably trivial, but as that wonderful sim is stuffed with details and realism, I thought it could be worth a post about this "issue".

I can't help but notice the pilot miss a head on his shoulders:

The proof:

JPnrIxU.jpg

The symptom (no head shadow):

g30SjQ2.jpg

I understand it would require a substantial amount of work for a little benefit (as for the rest of the body, it should be dynamically animated), but I'm inclined to think I'm not the only one who notices the lack of head shadow from time to time.

ED's to-do-list is undoubtedly full of billions of higher priorities but please write that down at the bottom of the list. ;)

Did anyone else notice there was no head aboard?

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

If there was a pilot head on the model, the view would be clipping through it...not ideal. The missing shadow of the head is trivial.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

If there was a pilot head on the model, the view would be clipping through it...not ideal. The missing shadow of the head is trivial.

The devil is in the details ;)

A head model should not interfere with the first person view. For example, [the P-51D pilot is no horseman and] we can see his reflection in the mirror (dynamically animated on 2 axis).

I didn't check the shadow though.

I assume the geometry could cast the shadow only.

[EDIT: Nevermind. I've checked the P-51D, Mi-8, Huey pilots and even if the last two have their 3D head in the cockpit model (w/ model viewer), they're removed when the player takes command. No head shadow.]

Edited by Bourrinopathe
massive beheadings spotted

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I don't think that happens because there is an argument that lets the modeller hide the object unnecessary in cockpit view, same as it is done for the cockpit glass (the glass that we see from cockpit is a part of cockpit 3D model and not plane's exterior 3d model.