OT : Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter ? your thoughts

OT : Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter ? your thoughts  

41 members have voted

1. 1. OT : Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter ? your thoughts

• Mostly happy with it
    • Missing alot of things from GR1
    • Game play, or body of the game is broken
    • Still sealed waiting for feedback.
    • Ghost Recon is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think about it.

The conclusion you will come to is that its totally unfinished by GRIN and UBI.

Fans are mad because many things in GR1 are gone. Need to have a highend computer to play it. etc etc . In my opinion the Tom Clancy games are one of UBI's biggest money makers , im in shock that they would drop the ball on this game that Pc gamers have been waiting 2 years for. Its just unreal.

I like alot of things about the new game but I am haveing a hard time calling it Ghost Recon. Owell we will see how its patched.

You can choose more than one answer.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

What do you think about it.

The conclusion you will come to is that its totally unfinished by GRIN and UBI.

Fans are mad because many things in GR1 are gone. Need to have a highend computer to play it. etc etc . In my opinion the Tom Clancy games are one of UBI's biggest money makers , im in shock that they would drop the ball on this game that Pc gamers have been waiting 2 years for. Its just unreal.

I like alot of things about the new game but I am haveing a hard time calling it Ghost Recon. Owell we will see how its patched.

I'm afraid to buy it, as I've read it's a performance hog, just like the mangled version of lomac in the shooter world.

What kind of framerates are you getting? I ask, cause I have almost the same system as you do, but with a Radeon 9800XT.

Maybe I should get the courage to download the demo :P

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

try the demo man, Im not sure what frame rates im getting. I just installed Raid 0 too.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

I've played the demo and it drains my system. I have a 3200+ 754, 2Gb DDR400 and a 6800GT 256. I have to play it on med to low settings and even then it gets into single figures in big open areas with a lot of action going on.

The AI are both really stuipd and really good at times.

What I like most is the way you can customise your weapons with different sights, suppressors, foregrips and grenade launchers. One bad point is not being able to pick up the enemy G36 rifles when you run out of ammo.

Overall, expected more form this game having played GR1.

How would you define the realism? Rainbow Six like (the first few games, not the arcade crap that came later), AA, Battlefield 2, CS, The Regiment (<= great game, damn hard, good AI, no crosshairs, no bullet count, so fairly hardcore)?

Or is it another "game for the masses" like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Halo, UT and Quake?

How would you define the realism? Rainbow Six like (the first few games, not the arcade crap that came later), AA, Battlefield 2, CS, The Regiment (<= great game, damn hard, good AI, no crosshairs, no bullet count, so fairly hardcore)?

Or is it another "game for the masses" like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Halo, UT and Quake?

I personally find it very hard. I like it. Reminds me of the first Ghost Recon a lot. Nice graphics, nice sounds, nice gameplay.

Very tactical. Intense firefights...no problems for me in regards as slow down issues go...

Hard game all in all...quite a challenge. It's a next gen game....so you need quite a good computer, which hopefully if you guys still play lomac you should all have :smilewink::P

I only tried the demo briefly. My framerates were so bad I didn't spend much time with it. I have an AMD X2 4400+, GeForce 7800 GTX and 2 GB of RAM. Okay, it's not bleediing edge but still I expected much better performance. :huh:

gota admit im not up on the news but this info I found is almost non existant anywhere.

Well I hope its true

" quote

Hey dude, why not read the news and forums before jumping to conclusions? GRIN didnt want to make everyone wait longer for release, since it was a much anticipated release, so they released it without some things, and have been working on them to get them released ASAP. They are releasing A LOT of content as free add-ons, including dedicated servers, new gametypes, actually NEW gametypes (not deathmatch and the like, games of their own creation, which they arent releasing details of until release time) maps, co-op missions, everything you could want. True, it may have been a bad strategy on their part to do this, especially without advertising it better, but have some patience. First add-on release is in June, which will include most of what's "missing".

Game is great in my opinion, especially now that the first patch fixed the AI's pathfinding retardation issues!! And it will only get better. GRIN is very much behind this game, judging from what I have seen and read, and they plan on releasing a lot of genre shaking new content. FREE. For now, relax, have a beer, enjoy the campaign and Domination, which I think is a great gametype (no annoying wait-by-this-flag-here-till-your-recently-shot-enemy-respawns-next-to-you-and-kills-you-before-you-can-cap-the-flag-or-react-in-any-way-whatsover,-spawn-raping-bunny-hopping-BS). Much more is on the way, and releasing a perfectly good patch within a week of it's release is proof they are listening and are behind this game 100%.

See you all on the battlefield!! unquote "

its not for the masses.

It's definately not like BF2 or those games. Still, I find the enemy AI to be waaaaay too good. I could be lurking in the shadows, 200m down the road from a guy - I poke my head out 5 cm to see him, and BANG! Bullets rain down with phenomenal accuracy within milliseconds. So basically this Mexican Army guy standing in bright sunlight, with no reason to be looking in my direction, has seen me, classified me as a bad guy, and started to deliver EXCEPTIONALLY accurate fire, all within less than a second.

Bottom line - its VERY hard. Beyond an entertaining challenge, it's utterly frustrating. AND of course, we get to deal with 'save point's', the crutch of the feeble game designer. Or console idiots - note to game designers: PC's HAVE HARD DRIVES, AND HAVE DONE SO FOR A LONG TIME! So, you'll end up hearing 'Mitchell, whats your status!', a million times over from the cliched CO type - why does he do that?!!? My status is that I'm dead! Is he blind!? Why does he ask that the second that I die!? Over, and over, and over, and over again. It's a pain to play...

(Cue silly people saying 'Oh, but you're not using the right tactics, you suck etc) I'm sorry, but the enemy AI is just way too omniescent (hope thats the right word). Try the night level - while we're walking around with night vision equipment, the AI can still see you basically instantly. MAAW (Mexican Army Advanced Warfighters) troops must have nano-implants or something.....

I would far rather play this game through with a cheat or something - it would be more entertaining (the reason I play after all), than dying a million times over. Oh, of course once you've played it through, thats it. There are no 'sandbox' type tango hunts or anything like that - it's campaign, or multiplayer, and thats it. Not even training missions. They've resorted to the usual 'teach the player how to use his equipment on the first mission'. As if they would send somebody in without EVER having used that gear..... MP is supposed to be a bit of a joke. For example, if the team leader dies, thats it - mission over! I haven't played MP though, and won't, so I won't comment further on that.

It's also a crushing system hog, and you can't use anti-aliasing because of the system of gfx rendering they've chosen to use. So, you end up playing at low resolutions, with hideous jaggies everywhere. Why, oh why, did they CHOOSE to negate one of the greatest advances of modern 3D gfx cards? Obviously higher resolutions are available, but be warned that you need the absolute pinnacle of modern computers to even have a chance at getting playable fps, IMHO.

The team AI is commendable in some situations, but hair-pullingly retarded in others. For example, when rounding a corner and coming face to face with an MG nest, they would rather stand there saying 'Captain, I've been hit!' than actually take cover and return fire. So you have to shepherd them around with the tactical map the whole time - giving orders via the first person menu just results in them doing something unexpected or totally inane (covering the wall next to them while bullets rain down on you for example).

So, if you're keen, wait and see. If you're in two minds, leave it - there are better ways to blow time and money on games. I could go on, but I won't. It could be a great game, with the emphasis on realism, but as it stands now it's an exercise in frustration for me.

Everything ive seen covered in the above post nice work mate saved me an hour typing ! :) Im really gutted about the AI its taken a step back from GR1, since when did Mexico have SEAL trained army ? ;)

Im having no prob with FPS on a 3gig P4 with gig o ram and 256mb 6800GT 256mb, maybe you uber pc owners are trying to push all the settings to MAX because "i paid £500 for that graphics card so it WILL run it at max" ;) let it auto detect the settings and its fine.

Will see what the patches bring but i feel UBI/GRIN have sucumbed to the 12-16 year old Xbox360 owners on this one and dumbed it down :( its defo better than GR1 but it really couldve been better than this after waiting 2 years. Will hangon for Armed Assualt http://www.armedassault.com/ :D before i start my online tactical shooter regiment.

Wolfie out.

I was a big fan of GR1. I bought all its expansion discs and I played hundreds of hour online and offline. Also I installed lots of mods, new textures, sounds, reticles, etc... I really enjoied the game.

My hope was that GRAW could be the same game as GR1 but with updated graphics, or even the same idea with lots of aditions on gameplay.

I installed this piece of garbage. I played two times and uninstalled it FOREVER. Not only is a shame for the franchise that its supposed to belong, but also is a bad game, and even a bad "casual" FPS.

First, UBI killed Rainbow Six franchise for the PC with that console port named "Lockdown". Now, they killed "Ghost Recon" too.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Everything ive seen covered in the above post nice work mate saved me an hour typing ! :) Im really gutted about the AI its taken a step back from GR1, since when did Mexico have SEAL trained army ? ;)

Im having no prob with FPS on a 3gig P4 with gig o ram and 256mb 6800GT 256mb, maybe you uber pc owners are trying to push all the settings to MAX because "i paid £500 for that graphics card so it WILL run it at max" ;) let it auto detect the settings and its fine.

Will see what the patches bring but i feel UBI/GRIN have sucumbed to the 12-16 year old Xbox360 owners on this one and dumbed it down :( its defo better than GR1 but it really couldve been better than this after waiting 2 years. Will hangon for Armed Assualt http://www.armedassault.com/ :D before i start my online tactical shooter regiment.

Wolfie out.

I am a 41 year old Xbox 360 Gamer that loves the work UBI and GRIn have done on GRAW. The problem with the PC community is that people have tweaked their machines so much that you have destabilized your system and can never meet the standard for which the game was designed. The XBOX 360 allows players a ton of consistency without the whining and complaining and lack of play. I play GRAW on a 70" Sony Grand Wega and everything is STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS!! In the future cheap delipadated machines will have no place in the gaming community because game publishers will not be dumbing down the specs to accomodate the poor gamers who refuse to upgrade their computers every week with the latest graphics and sound cards to achieve the optimal play from a high end game. Trash the PC and come abord the XBOX 360 life its a heck of a lot more fun. Don't POO POO the game publishers POO POO yourselves. And one last thing I guarantee the averge palyer on XBOX360 will smoke a PC player in this game. Peace, Love and hair Grease.

I have GRAW on the 360 and it worse than the PC version. I does look better at times on my HD TV but it's more of an arcade game than anything. The amount of times I have gone through levels all by myself and taken down 40-50 troops, trucks, APCs tanks and gunships. It's more like being Rambo. I have finished it on both difficulty levels so its not as if I just played the first level and said this a POS. GR1 on the Xbox was better than the 360 version IMO.

...The problem with the PC community is that people have tweaked their machines so much that you have destabilized your system and can never meet the standard for which the game was designed. The XBOX 360 allows players a ton of consistency without the whining and complaining and lack of play. I play GRAW on a 70" Sony Grand Wega and everything is STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS!! In the future cheap delipadated machines will have no place in the gaming community because game publishers will not be dumbing down the specs to accomodate the poor gamers who refuse to upgrade their computers every week with the latest graphics and sound cards to achieve the optimal play from a high end game. Trash the PC and come abord the XBOX 360 life its a heck of a lot more fun. Don't POO POO the game publishers POO POO yourselves. And one last thing I guarantee the averge palyer on XBOX360 will smoke a PC player in this game. Peace, Love and hair Grease.

Do you work for microsoft or something?

So, according to you - I, and plenty of other people have somehow 'tweaked' our machines so as to be both less stable, and (incredibly) slower as well?! And if I did indeed have a cheap and dilapidated machine (which I don't), I would hardly expect it to run the game, which is a brand new release, at very high fps now, would I? You don't think perhaps they just made some poor choices with their method of rendering to turn the game into a system hog? Especially since other modern games run very well on my computer?

As for trashing the PC, I would have to be an imbecile of the highest calibre to follow your advice and 'trash' the machine that I use for browsing the net, playing a HUGE variety of simulators (Lockon, IL2 FB+PF, Steel Beasts, F4AF etc), games (too numerous to mention), utilities (Autocad, 3DS, my electronic logbook), doing email etc. Of course with these sims etc I can also use advanced controllers (Cougar et al, my Logitech MOMO FF racing wheel). When is the Xbox getting something equivalent to the Cougar? What could the Xbox possibly offer me to replace all that? That's apart from the fact that PC games traditionally have more depth, as the previous GR did, hence the expectations for this release, and that is what PC gamers expect. I suppose you think that had they used the exact same AI programming on the Xbox version of GRAW, it would somehow have been superior to the PC versions AI? Again, you don't think maybe this has NOTHING to do with the platform, and more to do with programming shortcomings?

I'm sure you've also noticed that the Xbox and PC versions of GRAW are actually totally different. I do not want the Xbox version at all - I wanted what I thought the PC version offered, namely more plausible realism. As it stands, it is not to my liking due to AI and interface shortcomings.

And yes, I also resent the simplification of games to allow cross platform releases. I recently got a PS2 (for free, the only way I would accept it). I have yet to find any title I find truly entertaining. Why would I want (for example) GT4 when I have GTR (or GTL for that matter) on the PC, with so much more depth of simulation?

I don't mind the console's existence, and I'm certainly not going to engage in the 'PC vs console' debate. But for you to say I should 'trash the PC' is inane, when clearly it is the solution for the multitudes of things *I* want to do with it, almost none of which can be done by an Xbox of any kind. And, once again, your logic regarding 'tweaking' is ridiculous.

...And one last thing I guarantee the averge palyer on XBOX360 will smoke a PC player in this game. Peace, Love and hair Grease.

Whatever you say dude, I can see a lot of thought and research went into that one....I suppose Xbox "palyer's" are all born gifted, as you no doubt are.

So, in conclusion (to stay in the spirit of your post) - "My dad can beat up your dad!"

Whatever you say dude, I can see a lot of thought and research went into that one....I suppose Xbox "palyer's" are all born gifted, as you no doubt are.

So, in conclusion (to stay in the spirit of your post) - "My dad can beat up your dad!"

The thing is that colsoles attract the target audiences of most gaming developers, 12-18, those kind of kids that are jumping all over, and loove the feel of playing UT 2k4 (I know such people :|), and you can charge them € 60, as they will whine it from their parents anyway.

Maybe the kid is dyslexic and meant to say he was 14 years old, and he was 1337 with his X-box.

Oh, have you noticed how calmly Sony announced its prices for their PS3, guess consoles are no longer the cheap alternative to the pc anymore. And I already know that the PS3 will be a great marketing success, dispite its price, as, the target audiance will get it anyway, and will be paying willingly for the games as well. I know the R&D costs of consoles are higher, as is presumably the hardware, but the console makers also get money from each game that is brought to their console, it's a double gain situation, and people will keep on buying.

Kind of like the printer business, only worse, and with bigger margins.

When they give us keyboard and mouse with consoles maybe i will consider GRAW on the 360, my bro has one and graw on a 40" HD LCD and it looks good but trying to play it with a controller is like having my legs and eyes removed with garden tools !!!

So i will stick to my "unstable overly tweaked pc" thanks.

Do console users have clans/squads ? How do they comunicate ? "hay visit our website to check upon tactics and meeting times !"..."but i dont have a PC i only use consoles, and i spent £500 on this Xbox and all the crap i need to get it on the net !!".........hmmm allways wondered how it would work ;)

When they give us keyboard and mouse with consoles maybe i will consider GRAW on the 360, my bro has one and graw on a 40" HD LCD and it looks good but trying to play it with a controller is like having my legs and eyes removed with garden tools !!!

So i will stick to my "unstable overly tweaked pc" thanks.

Do console users have clans/squads ? How do they comunicate ? "hay visit our website to check upon tactics and meeting times !"..."but i dont have a PC i only use consoles, and i spent £500 on this Xbox and all the crap i need to get it on the net !!".........hmmm allways wondered how it would work ;)

I guess you can buy a KB for 100 euros, and a remote control for 70, but if you buy them bundled, it'll only cost you 150 euros! :\

I am a 41 year old Xbox 360 Gamer that loves the work UBI and GRIn have done on GRAW. The problem with the PC community is that people have tweaked their machines so much that you have destabilized your system and can never meet the standard for which the game was designed. .

WOW

Seriously , why come here in this thread and dis PC gaming. Cant you do that with the kiddies on some blog or something? Grease on greaser.

WOW

Seriously , why come here in this thread and dis PC gaming. Cant you do that with the kiddies on some blog or something? Grease on greaser.

He brought it in a childish manner, but he still has the right to argue wether consoles are better than PCs for gaming, and with those triple-core dedicated dual GPUs consoles he has a point, but, the consoles were always for the arcade fans, and didn't have that much simulations, certailny no flight sims on them, but there are some realistic games, like Gran Turismo. So consoles CAN be used for simming, but if someone would release let's say a flight sim, it wouldn't pay off in a decade.

Yeah, I played 'Black' the other day on the PS2 - first (and last) FPS I'll play on a console. How ANYONE can play an FPS properly with those controllers is beyond me. My favourite though, is when console players seriously try and say they're just as good for FPS's as a mouse! I suppose all those pro gamers who play for money on the PC just haven't seen the light yet....

And, much as Gran Tourismo is made out to be some kind of simulator, I'm sorry - GTR/LFS etc kick it's butt in the 'simulating' department everytime. Thats not to mention the hectic online racing....

:megalol:

The thing is that colsoles attract the target audiences of most gaming developers, 12-18, those kind of kids that are jumping all over, and loove the feel of playing UT 2k4 (I know such people :|), and you can charge them € 60, as they will whine it from their parents anyway.

Maybe the kid is dyslexic and meant to say he was 14 years old, and he was 1337 with his X-box.

Oh, have you noticed how calmly Sony announced its prices for their PS3, guess consoles are no longer the cheap alternative to the pc anymore. And I already know that the PS3 will be a great marketing success, dispite its price, as, the target audiance will get it anyway, and will be paying willingly for the games as well. I know the R&D costs of consoles are higher, as is presumably the hardware, but the console makers also get money from each game that is brought to their console, it's a double gain situation, and people will keep on buying.

Kind of like the printer business, only worse, and with bigger margins.

This is one of the reasons I'm thinking of doing my gamming by getting game tap and getting what ever ED has in store for us.

:joystick: