SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Guys, I'm back from my holidays with good news. I got a working version of SimShaker which is Integrity Check safe! I'll do some more testing today when I come back from work. I hope we can release a beta soon :-)

Guys, I'm back from my holidays with good news. I got a working version of SimShaker which is Integrity Check safe! I'll do some more testing today when I come back from work. I hope we can release a beta soon :-)

This is great news indeed!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Important note: the solution requires allowOwnshipExport=true at the server.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hiya Andreea

is there any news on the fix for loss of ungear effect + wing flaps air drag ??

these are now missing on the P-51, worked brilliant few months ago

Would you please send me your SimShaker - Settings - Log To Screen content by PM or email to analise?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Andre -

I just had a go in the A10C across all of the game version and it looks like I have the same issues- no ground fx, no landing gear effects, and no speedbrakes. Everything else seems to work though across all the versions (I'm quite happy with the A10C cannon now - not choppy anymore). I take it these 3 no shows are a known issue now based on what Adrian is saying?

Hey Andrew,

I take it these 3 no shows are a known issue now based on what Adrian is saying?
I would say 50/50.

The common issue is that we have to handle pretty complex script cofiguration to get data from DCS, but in every particular case the reason can be different. So we have to analyse user's configs to resolve the problem.

Now we are getting rid of that scripts complexity, due to some changed in DCS made, and hopefully we'll have much less problems as a result.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Constant engine vibration?

Hey all,

I just bought the license yesterday and have a few questions.

As I fly in the A-10C am I supposed to feel any constant engine rumble? Weirdly there is nothing, also when I throttle down the engines there is nothing. The transducers work since I can feel the gun brrrt (feels great!).

Also when I enter stall territory I am supposed to feel vibrations but there is merely a weird thump.

The gear up/down also doesn't work.

Am I missing something? Maybe I have set it up incorrectly, but since the gun vibrations work I am not shure.

Thanks in advance!

A-10C Increased Panel Text Size for VR

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172910

Hey Andreas,

As I fly in the A-10C am I supposed to feel any constant engine rumble?

Nope.

Also when I enter stall territory I am supposed to feel vibrations but there is merely a weird thump.
Usually that works well, but depends on a transducer type. What type do you use?

The gear up/down also doesn't work.

That's a sort of a common problem, as you can see above. We are working on it.

Am I missing something?
I would recommend such a great reading as a User Guide ;)

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/simshaker-and-buttkicker.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Andreas,

Nope.

Usually that works well, but depends on a transducer type. What type do you use?

That's a sort of a common problem, as you can see above. We are working on it.

I would recommend such a great reading as a User Guide ;)

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/simshaker-and-buttkicker.html

Alright I should RTFM first :lol:

I use two Bass Pump IIIs.

Constant engine rumble would be cool though :D

Cheers!

In such a case I would recommend to consider some samples customisation. Default samples optimized for BK GR2.

Yes. There is always something to improve :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alright I should RTFM first :lol:

Cheers!

I'm using one Bass Pump III. I added an additional weight and uses a EQ to cut down frequencies after ~120Hz and have very good effects especially in combination with the JetSeat.

I'm using one Bass Pump III. I added an additional weight and uses a EQ to cut down frequencies after ~120Hz and have very good effects especially in combination with the JetSeat.

Hey,

what EQ are you using? Is it software based? I may have made the mistake of outputting the sounds from a pretty crappy guitar usb amp. Maybe it's even clipping the lower frequencies away? I'll try the internal soundcard first.

As amp I'm using this guy, yes pretty crappy:

https://www.amazon.de/Mini-Endstufe-Verst%C3%A4rker-Wohnungen-Motoroller-MP3-Player/dp/B0081BFVJU

Cheers and thanks for the help!

edit: just checked your Voicemeeter Banana Setup, interesting!

Edited by elliott82

Hey,

what EQ are you using? Is it software based? I may have made the mistake of outputting the sounds from a pretty crappy guitar usb amp. Maybe it's even clipping the lower frequencies away? I'll try the internal soundcard first.

https://www.amazon.de/Mini-Endstufe-Verst%C3%A4rker-Wohnungen-Motoroller-MP3-Player/dp/B0081BFVJU

Hey Elliott,

I'm using a 'full' PA amp. Got it for a few bugs from EBay. Your amp might be to crappy. Do you have access to a better one? Maybe from you stereo?`

For EQ, http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2469416

Hey,

The Amp is Ok. Try a low volume setting on the Amp and increase until you "feel" something.

I found some effects trigger very different from others so they need adjusting. Take the gun and/or stall effect. Adjust so it is convenient and select each other effect one at a time and adjust it with the volume slider in the interface.

Edit: and keep most effects subtle. I was tempted to really give it some punch, but you soon realize it does not need to be very strong. Especially the runway bumps, and Flaps rumble is far better as a subtle, yet noticeable effect. :)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The Amp is Ok. Try a low volume setting on the Amp and increase until you "feel" something.

I found some effects trigger very different from others so they need adjusting. Take the gun and/or stall effect. Adjust so it is convenient and select each other effect one at a time and adjust it with the volume slider in the interface.

Edit: and keep most effects subtle. I was tempted to really give it some punch, but you soon realize it does not need to be very strong. Especially the runway bumps, and Flaps rumble is far better as a subtle, yet noticeable effect. :)

I once tried a similar amp but got really bad results and returned it. Maybe due to a bad AC/PowerSupply?

I once tried a similar amp but got really bad results and returned it. Maybe due to a bad AC/PowerSupply?

Maybe.

I use the same model and it is quite ok. (by the way they are cheaper on eBay).

Some people find the light ring around the Volume annoying, though.

I run it on both bass pump III, stereo with a little less than 40% volume.

Cut hi and bass to neutral, on the Amp that is.

Checked external sound card. About 75% volume output.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

working now

Hey all,

thanks a lot for your help. So it turned out the culprit was this crappy guitar amp I was outputting the sounds from. I am now using the internal soundcard and it works way better.

Altough somehow the gun only seems to vibrate every once in a while...

The amp is pretty crappy indeed and I may end up buying a better one off eBay.

Cheers!