Increased panel text size in A-10C

elliott82

Hey all,

I just edited the A-10C textures in Photoshop and managed to considerably increase the text size on some panels. If you want to test it out, unzip the attached file and drop and replace the *.dds file in the following folder:

..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS

World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Textures\A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip

Please do a backup first!

It helped a lot with clarity in VR. I can imagine it also helps everyone who is not able to increase supersampling.

For now I only worked on parts like the radio panels, cdu, tacan, countermeasures and electrical.

Hope it helps and if you are interested I'll redo the other panels as well.

Cheers,

Andy

edit: Just completed all panels. Also CDU is much better now.

Some of the text is being cut off, I will fix that. Also the armament panel (?) isn't completely done yet.

Please extract attached file and replace the three .dds files in the zip file mentioned above.

edit2: Cut off text should be fixed now. AHCP is done - as well as APU, fuel flow gauges etc.

Cheers!

beforeAfter.jpg.da25e73b510fc19da9d44bb90a95f8f2.jpg

DCSA10C_bigPanelText.zip

Edited by elliott82

A-10C Increased Panel Text Size for VR

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172910

WOW - Excellent work - a big help for VR. Like what was said above, if there is any way to increase the font size of the DSMS of the CDU display - that would be a huge help!

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

Hey,

glad it works and you like it! I'm going to do the other panels as well then.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to increase the text inside the DSMS. I guess it's buried in some .lua file or even worse hardcoded somewhere(?)

I'm going to try to change the font color on the CDU buttons as well, they are extremely hard to read in VR.

Cheers!

A-10C Increased Panel Text Size for VR

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172910

Superb stuff! Thanks so much.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

I'm traveling so I can't try this. Can't wait!!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

thanks very much will test out in the rift tonight, hope you don't mind but i have made a JSGME compatable version

A10C-Font.rar

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

thanks very much will test out in the rift tonight, hope you don't mind but i have made a JSGME compatable version

Thank You

Thank You

Thank You

Thank You

Thank You

Thank You

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

good work! rep inbound :thumbup:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Thank you!

What a great mod :thumbup:

I´m able to fly the A-10 with my Rift

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 2 years later...
I realize this is a fairly old post, but I just wanted to say thank you for your work. It makes VR in the A-10, so much better!
Dude. Thanks for bringing this back up. I had no idea this existed. Definitely made a difference in VR.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk