SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

7 hours ago, =Andre= said:

It a fresh DCS module. Is not supported in SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 yet.

I'm surprised that no one volunteered/made it available to have the simshaker devs test it before release.
Someone gave me a workaround but it only worked briefly. But ill try it again. ;D
EDIT: (its working)

Edited by t-stoff

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

8 hours ago, t-stoff said:

I'm surprised that no one volunteered/made it available to have the simshaker devs test it before release.
Someone gave me a workaround but it only worked briefly. But ill try it again. ;D
EDIT: (its working)

I might be mistaken but I think the only module where devs worked alongside ssa crew is the tomcat. 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Posted on other topic as well
Someone sent me this workaround on discord. Paste the content to the original file (back it up first) or just change the extension If I recall its the one on the savedgames / dcs / scripts correct me if I'm wrong
EDIT: it seems that only the left pylons give rumble on release. 😕

SimShaker.lua.txt

Edited by t-stoff
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

• 4 months later...

just about to reinstall my simshaker sound module (after getting a new PC) - but noticed there is another software hapticonnect - just wondering if this works with Andre's software - of do the 2 do the same thing and you really just need to install/choose one? (I use it for DCS and MSFS)

note i also have a jetseat...

Edited by mac22

• 2 weeks later...
Am 5.11.2023 um 16:34 schrieb mac22:

just about to reinstall my simshaker sound module (after getting a new PC) - but noticed there is another software hapticonnect - just wondering if this works with Andre's software - of do the 2 do the same thing and you really just need to install/choose one? (I use it for DCS and MSFS)

note i also have a jetseat...

Hapticonnect is the software by buttkicker itself.

I use a NLR HF8 pad and now have three buttkickers.

I run the HF8 pad via simshakers for aviators and noticed some strange behaviour then with hapticonnect for the buttkickers. When hapticonnect is already running then simshakers doesn‘t start automatically with launch of DCS. I have to start it manually then.

@=Andre=I‘d like to purchase sour soundmodule for SSA. How can I do this?

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

My SimShaker Sound Module has not worked since beta 2.36 update.  It will not play test sounds on any sound device. It doesn't seem to be sending a signal.  SimShaker asked me to redo the license key again for some reason.  I used the same response key in the last email I received when activating it tied to my Microsoft account.  I'm using Windows 11.  I Have tried repairing the install, uninstalling and re-installing, installing a previous version, and resorting my computer to a point in time I know it was working.  I have another almost identical computer with a copy of SimShaker Sound Module 2.36 but has Windows 10 and it works fine.  Any help please, I have been trying to fix this for the last 3 days.

43 minutes ago, GreenHornet said:

My SimShaker Sound Module has not worked since beta 2.36 update.  It will not play test sounds on any sound device. It doesn't seem to be sending a signal.  SimShaker asked me to redo the license key again for some reason.  I used the same response key in the last email I received when activating it tied to my Microsoft account.  I'm using Windows 11.  I Have tried repairing the install, uninstalling and re-installing, installing a previous version, and resorting my computer to a point in time I know it was working.  I have another almost identical computer with a copy of SimShaker Sound Module 2.36 but has Windows 10 and it works fine.  Any help please, I have been trying to fix this for the last 3 days.

Please check the Troubleshooting section in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound

• Like 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 11/20/2023 at 11:17 AM, GreenHornet said:

On 11/20/2023 at 12:02 PM, =Andre= said:

Please check the Troubleshooting section in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound

Thanks, I uninstalled all the ASUS Sonic Apps which I have never used, and it worked as normal.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I've noticed that when using Sound Module with the Spitfire that there is no engine vibration during startup and nothing when the throttle is at idle.  I have to increase throttle to about 5% to get any feedback.  I compared it to the P51 and I have full vibration throughout the entire startup and throttle range.  Is there a setting I need to change or is it a bug?

FinalGlide

Specs: i7 8700k (5Ghz), 32gig 3200Mhz ram, EVO 960 SSD, Asus Strix RTX2080 (OC'd), Windows 10 Pro, Hp Reverb Pro V2, VPC WarBRD with MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators and Simshaker Sound Module

7 hours ago, FinalGlide said:

I've noticed that when using Sound Module with the Spitfire that there is no engine vibration during startup and nothing when the throttle is at idle.  I have to increase throttle to about 5% to get any feedback.  I compared it to the P51 and I have full vibration throughout the entire startup and throttle range.  Is there a setting I need to change or is it a bug?

Not sure is it really a bug or not. Have you got the same settings in SimShaker for Aviators for the Engine beat effect wiht both planes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

38 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

Not sure is it really a bug or not. Have you got the same settings in SimShaker for Aviators for the Engine beat effect wiht both planes?

Yes they have the same settings in engine rumble. 

FinalGlide

Specs: i7 8700k (5Ghz), 32gig 3200Mhz ram, EVO 960 SSD, Asus Strix RTX2080 (OC'd), Windows 10 Pro, Hp Reverb Pro V2, VPC WarBRD with MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators and Simshaker Sound Module

1 hour ago, =Andre= said:

I see, thank you.

Can you see the green bars moving in SimShaker Sound Module with both planes at engine startup?

I just checked.  The P51 shows movement in both the test section (Green soundwave) in Sound Module and green bars in the effect monitor of Simshaker during startup and at idle.  The Spitfire doesn't show anything on either until you increase the throttle past about 5%.

FinalGlide

4 hours ago, FinalGlide said:

I just checked.  The P51 shows movement in both the test section (Green soundwave) in Sound Module and green bars in the effect monitor of Simshaker during startup and at idle.  The Spitfire doesn't show anything on either until you increase the throttle past about 5%.

I see, thank you for checking it. I will ask @f4l0 as SimShaker for Aviators developer have a look at this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

43 minutes ago, f4l0 said:

Spitfire only reports higher RPM values thus the startup is "quite"...

So this is a DCS issue?

FinalGlide

On 1/16/2024 at 6:10 AM, f4l0 said:

sadly, yes...

Interesting that I just received and installed a VPForce Rihno FFB stick base and it uses DCS telemetry to give feedback through the stick.  It gives feedback from changing engine RPM in the Spitfire From Zero RPM perfectly fine.  Could the Rhino be getting the telemetry a different way to Sim Shaker?

FinalGlide

21 hours ago, FinalGlide said:

Interesting that I just received and installed a VPForce Rihno FFB stick base and it uses DCS telemetry to give feedback through the stick.  It gives feedback from changing engine RPM in the Spitfire From Zero RPM perfectly fine.  Could the Rhino be getting the telemetry a different way to Sim Shaker?

This is interesting. Can you provide us with the lua script which VPForce Rihno FFB uses for this purpose?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, =Andre= said:

This is interesting. Can you provide us with the lua script which VPForce Rihno FFB uses for this purpose?

I'm certainly not a computer expert so this could well be the wrong file but this is from the Telem FFB folder for the program that runs effects for the Rhino.  If it's not the right one I'll ask for you.

TelemFFB.lua

FinalGlide

7 hours ago, FinalGlide said:

I'm certainly not a computer expert so this could well be the wrong file but this is from the Telem FFB folder for the program that runs effects for the Rhino.  If it's not the right one I'll ask for you.

TelemFFB.lua 53.72 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you.

@f4l0 It looks like VPForce Rihno guys get engine RPM with LoGetEngineInfo() function for Spitfire.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Thank you.

@f4l0 It looks like VPForce Rihno guys get engine RPM with LoGetEngineInfo() function for Spitfire.

Ok, I'll take a look if the data is useable for us...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1