"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

42VFG slot request

Hi,

Can we adjust the slots to represent our current team, please? We've got a good grip of our needs and attendance to the event now and Tbilisi has been missing some slots for us. We are quite happy for the majority of these to be turned to BLUE public slots instead as long as we can get 1 of each type reserved and 4 F-15's. I'm not a big fan of the squadron slot mechanism, it just makes for longer lists.

Current 42VFG slots at Lochini are

2xUH1

2xMi8

5xSU25T

5xA-10C

2xMig21

5xF-15C

(21)

We would prefer, please

2xUH1

2xMi8

2xKa50

2xSU25T

4xA-10C

2xMirage 2000

6xF-15C

(20)

We also have an updated team list if you need to update the front page or get more detail on our numbers for balancing.

Thanks,

Mike

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for =238.lbae= at KC please...

Current:

1xMi8

3xMiG21 - we don`t fly it

4xSu25T - we don`t need more than 2

4xSu27 - we need more fighters. We have 12 pilots registered and only 2+1 (bomber / chopper)

Please change to:

1xMi8

2xSu25T

9xSu27

Thanks in advance!

S!

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Hey guys,

The cargo hover pickup wasn't removed for "game-play" reasons, it was removed as part of the testing process to ensure that we can have a stable mission for 3 hours for 60 players :)

If it turns out we can add it back without causing any lag and much more load on the server i'll be the first one pushing for it, no worries, It's my favourite bit. :)

I can try expanding the hover zone box a bit more but that might be balanced against a jump back to a 10 second hover because I'm a sadist.... :P

We'll see how testing goes :)

Alright, I understand :megalol::thumbup:

I hope the simulated slingload doesnt affect performance though :doh:

Guys, we need more people in redfor.

We're now getting into the "blue team simulator" effect again, 15 blue vs 1 or 2 red.

We can cap something and go offline in the late evening, only to find that 3/4 of all our airfields and farps have been captured by the blue, and a crapton of F15's preventing us from capping anything back.

this is just part of the gameplay, as XCom said, mostly time-zone related. Look back at round 4, red smashed blue, mainly because we outnumbered them more frequently and were more effective when we did. Last night there were 10+ blue versus 2 red, and nothing happened in terms of capturing, although with the time available they could have captured the whole map if they worked together effectively. The side wins who employs the best Teamplay, not only who has the higher numbers ;)

@Darkwolf, @pikey

Although we thrive for as realistic as possible, emphasize on gameplay and can bring amazing features with the scripting engine and API, It is impossible for us to pursue complete persistent campaign due to DCS netcode limitations.

It is ours and I believe the whole community of DCS wishes, that the upcoming DCS dedicated server would bring us to a new era of DCS World for large scale multiplayer persistent events.

Until that point is reached, all we can do is avoid the unstable corners and hope for the best :)

+1, well said :)

XCom, does this apply to FARPs as well as airbases?

Yes it does apply to every pickup-zone which are FARPs and Airbases, you need to be 10km away from them. You should be able to place them inside cities.

• ED Translators
I agree with Deadbeef.

When you fly cargo, most of the fun is in the Mi-8 quite extensive startup, cargo pickup, and navigation.

Picking cargo at rest, with an already started up helicopter, with a F10 map, is just completely wrong for heli ops. :( I'd rather get back to Train Simulator. :shifty:

I would add slingload operation for all crates aswell. But I'm sick person I guess...

AKA LazzySeal

Please dont add the helo stuff back in unless you are sure it doesnt affect server performance. The fighter pilots keep complaining all the time. As a Huey pilot i like the hover feature, but i can live without if it makes for better gameplay for the fighters. Sparrows diving into the ground because of the enemy lagging into the ground should not be a deciding factor in air-air engagements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good fights last night deadbeef!!

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

indeed! :) GF!

BTW, what happened to the server? It seems to be down since the morning, but the webmap is still running ...

No idea, I logged after the chase in the valley. I'll be on tonight to exact my revenge :)

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

One for Crash: i notice the app can get out of sync on time and players for some reason. Usually when tabbed away. [...]

Haven't seen that one yet. If it happens again can you pm me the "error.log" located in your install dir?

It will not update though, if very heavy net load is on your machine, or the buddyspike servers take a lunch break. :music_whistling:

Edit: have you messed with the app settings in any way?

Edited by Crash_Horror

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://buddyspike.net/

As promised - Huey vs SU-27: http://www.twitch.tv/ciribob/v/43281516?t=33m20s

Kill about a minute later...

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Are the repair messages for the airfields and such still accurate. I've noticed a few times I've gotten a field has been repaired while I was still attacking and it definitely wasn't. Seemed like a leftover script item.

To be clear, I'm asking for the repair messages to be fixed, not adding the repair while I'm still there, I'm happy to see that issue seems to be taken care of, making for a better experience.

We're the objective repairs changed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

The messages are appearing in queue so they do not spam your screen as you fly.

It is unlikely and I've never seen a message popup without a certain group being repaired.

What and where were you attacking and why do you believe there was nothing repaired as the message appeared?

Thanks!

It's happened a few times. Last night we were attacking Nalchik. We got the pop up, I was in a KA-50 almost right over the field. I checked all the burnt out carcasses, nothing respawned. Finished the last couple vehicles up, huey came in and we captured.

We don't like the respawn in whole we are over the target though. It's really unfair, with no warning to get a bunch of AAA and SAMS spawning on you after you've already killed them is kind of BS. Especially with only 4 lives per day now.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Especially with only 4 lives per day now.

Its 4 lives every 6 hours.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Oh, is it still every 6? I was under the impression it was 4 every 24. I stand corrected. Sorry.

I'd like to register if I can, never flown online but might as well jump in at the deep end!

For callsign does it have to be linked to our DCS logbook name or DCS account login name?

If logbook, as follows:

Callsign: Tomcat22

Preferred Aircraft: Su-25 (not T)

If it is DCS account name, then it is the same as my user name.

Edited by tombeckett2285

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

I'd like to register if I can, never flown online but might as well jump in at the deep end!

For callsign does it have to be linked to our DCS logbook name or DCS account login name?

If logbook, as follows:

Callsign: Tomcat22

Preferred Aircraft: Su-25 (not T)

If it is DCS account name, then it is the same as my user name.

The first time you click multiplayer it'll prompt you to come up with a callsign.

Goon

Hi Crash, here you go. I had a quick look and looks like it may be related to issues with locating the server.

We have had sporadic DNS issues to the 373 server from the UK, one time some of us couldnt ping him for more than an hour even though it was up and people were playing. Last night there were some TS issues only for some people. I guess the internet is not guaranteed, theres nothing you can do about that!

Mike

Haven't seen that one yet. If it happens again can you pm me the "error.log" located in your install dir?

It will not update though, if very heavy net load is on your machine, or the buddyspike servers take a lunch break. :music_whistling:

Edit: have you messed with the app settings in any way?

error.zip

Edited by Pikey
spelling

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *