"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

I find them very easy to defeat. You just have to make them go defensive with a prelaunch. then go guns.

Yeah, they aren't that hard to beat 1v1 or even 2v1... its the 1v4, 1v6 that results everytime some idiot flies over 3 bases and gets himself shot down by SAMS. It really ruins whatever combat you might get into vs any human players because its hard enough with only 4 missiles on the Mirage.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That how its supposed to be but it far from it. You can land anywhere and get your life back. Even aircrafts landing on roads. :music_whistling:

I wish we had rescue missions or we got our lives back for ejecting. Right now its basically pointless to eject since you lose the life either way.

That how its supposed to be but it far from it. You can land anywhere and get your life back. Even aircrafts landing on roads. :music_whistling:

I know that worked during the testing rounds with the grass starting 342ls. But that was before round 8.

And if so going spectators would stop you from gaining a life back. :D It only gives the message when you land at farps or airbases, but you also get it back anywhere ? while beeing silent about it :D really ? :D

Cant test atm because i dont have a gpu atm but ye if that is the case its pretty hilarious. :D

Viggen would love that, 300-500m of road needed for landing only. :D

And yeah reaper i would really go with frustration or rageleaveplane. :D

I btw love the redfor mi8 pilots which still try to crawl on their wheels once they lost their tail but kinda crashlanded. :D

Snowmand and I were engaged with 2 MI8s, that was the same 3hr rotation in which you got killed by an vulcan, one mi8 got taken down by a crashing su27 and the other one got intercepted by me, scrambling on full burners from gudauta to gj35, we got both mi8s, well I diabled the first one, then snowman and I took care of the second one, on the way back to the FARP I saw that disabled MI8 rolling towards the farp and I just gunned or rocketed him without changing flightpath. :DD So hilarious. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I btw love the redfor mi8 pilots which still try to crawl on their wheels once they lost their tail but kinda crashlanded. :D

I actually tested this theory everyone had with me not flying and instead "driving" around on roads. I actually tried this using different speeds in the Ka50 (20, 40, 60, 80 kmh). All of those speeds resulted in the same outcome. You will recieve a betty message calling engine vibration. One engine will catch on fire(I'm assuming because of dust, even though I had dust prot on) and eventually the second engine will suffer the same fait. This happens generally after trying to drive any longer then a few minutes.

This will also occur if you are flying below 5m AGL, tested speeds from 20-290kmh.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I actually tested this theory everyone had with me not flying and instead "driving" around on roads. I actually tried this using different speeds in the Ka50 (20, 40, 60, 80 kmh). All of those speeds resulted in the same outcome. You will recieve a betty message calling engine vibration. One engine will catch on fire(I'm assuming because of dust, even though I had dust prot on) and eventually the second engine will suffer the same fait. This happens generally after trying to drive any longer then a few minutes.

This will also occur if you are flying below 5m AGL, tested speeds from 20-290kmh.

Reaper6

It was something like 7km out, so I really guess he could have made it.

The engine vibration is actually very weird. I have no engineering explanation for that, also dust should not lead to engine fire that. It will just tear the engine super next level.

Because literally the same thing should happen if you sit longer then a few minutes with running engines on the deck. I would call buggz on the ka50 behaviour there. The vibration leading to fire is understandable but what the heck causes the vibration. Vibration should only be a thing with over RPM or a faulty engine. And with dust protection running it should not bother the engines.

really weird :huh:

If it was some rapidly changing airpressure thing due to beeing in groundeffect, leading to differences in the pressure in the compressor stages, that would explain that, but I have sat on FARPs for literally 15 minutes engines running nothing happening.

Has anyone a explanation for that ?

Anyways I have driven the mi8 for more then 7km definetely, I really just admired the try to still make it into troop dropoff zone with a broken helicopter. :D

[On a different note, gazelle doesnt suffer from dying from flying below 5m in DCS. Also bo105s dont die from flying sub5m. German bo105 squadron literally fly all the time below 5m agl by strategy. Also other light helicopter pilots in service told me that if you are doing NOE you are evading medium sized rocks in the landscape, like 0,5m height objects. So I am struggeling to find an explanation why out of all helicopters the ka50 should struggle with this.]

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was always wondering why Blue side Helis kept going spectator either right when I launched at them or before they hit the ground after I hit them? Maybe someone can shed some light on this? Do you not loose a life this way or?

Reaper6

I have done it to see where you were and make a note to self to peer closer at similar locations on my travels. Sometimes, it's in the open, which isn't helpful at all, and other times I am able to discern a clever attack position which masks you from threats.

But certainly no longer than the time to do that. Well, that's not entirely true - I'll admit I like to fly at mach 1.5 through the mountains with no cockpit like a virtual Superman. :pilotfly:

I have done it to see where you were and make a note to self to peer closer at similar locations on my travels. Sometimes, it's in the open, which isn't helpful at all, and other times I am able to discern a clever attack position which masks you from threats.

But certainly no longer than the time to do that. Well, that's not entirely true - I'll admit I like to fly at mach 1.5 through the mountains with no cockpit like a virtual Superman. :pilotfly:

But my question is why? If my missile is inbound or you have already been hit by a Vikhr. You can't wait for the kill before you go into spectator? I'm not really talking about looking around in spectator, I'm fine with that. I'm talking about when I am looking thru my Shkval and tracking a Vikhr in... POOF! they dissapear and went into spectator slot.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

...everytime some idiot flies over 3 bases and gets himself shot down by SAMS. It really ruins whatever combat you might get into vs any human players because its hard enough with only 4 missiles on the Mirage.

I feel your pain, cause its a noob must on every round.

I know that worked during the testing rounds with the grass starting 342ls. But that was before round 8.

And if so going spectators would stop you from gaining a life back. :D It only gives the message when you land at farps or airbases, but you also get it back anywhere ? while beeing silent about it :D really ? :D

You need to get the message to get your life back indeed. There are places you dont get it on the open field, but there are other places where you do.

If transports could carry around service trucks, Id be making forward airfields all day long :thumbup:

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But my question is why? If my missile is inbound or you have already been hit by a Vikhr. You can't wait for the kill before you go into spectator? I'm not really talking about looking around in spectator, I'm fine with that. I'm talking about when I am looking thru my Shkval and tracking a Vikhr in... POOF! they dissapear and went into spectator slot.

Reaper6

Do you really need the confirmation by a game counter saying +1. I mean I cant really make out if you are serious or trolling here.

I would expect that someone with your track record/experience really doesnt give anything about a game counting it as a kill or not. :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can't wait for the kill before you go into spectator?
Oh! Panhead = reading comprehension fail.

Yea, that seems shady to me. I don't know the mechanics of it, to be honest.

However, could it be they were hit already and your client hasn't updated yet? Doubtful, but I suppose it could be a possibility.

Who knows? Cheating at DCS is retarded, and there are tons of people... well - lmgtfy http://bfy.tw/7PA0

People going spectator is how the BlueFlags lives system work. It is not usually people switching to spectators.

When DCS sends the pilot death message we put then to spectators so they can't immediately respawn as we check number of lives on switching slots. When that happens you'll see the main body of the aircraft disappear but any parts shot off will stay.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Do you really need the confirmation by a game counter saying +1. I mean I cant really make out if you are serious or trolling here.

I would expect that someone with your track record/experience really doesnt give anything about a game counting it as a kill or not. :huh:

Well no I am not trolling, and no I don't need confirmation. But let me try and put it in a better perspective for you. Imagine if every pilot during BlueFlag did this. So the only kills you would ever receive would be ground targets, because they can't disappear into thin air. Would kind of take the fun out of being a fighter pilot, wouldn't it?

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

People going spectator is how the BlueFlags lives system work. It is not usually people switching to spectators.

When DCS sends the pilot death message we put then to spectators so they can't immediately respawn as we check number of lives on switching slots. When that happens you'll see the main body of the aircraft disappear but any parts shot off will stay.

This may be the case if my Vikhr actually hits them. But before my Vikhr hits them? It would also give a kill message, which never shows. At least for me this has happened nearly every time I've engaged a Blue Heli. I would however see "player" disconnected message sometimes. Either this is on purpose or maybe problems with connection(highly doubtful if it is happening nearly every time).

It's mostly just a waste of a Vikhr, but oh well. I was really just wondering why they were doing this.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Well no I am not trolling, and no I don't need confirmation. But let me try and put it in a better perspective for you. Imagine if every pilot during BlueFlag did this. So the only kills you would ever receive would be ground targets, because they can't disappear into thin air. Would kind of take the fun out of being a fighter pilot, wouldn't it?

Reaper6

I agree with the previous poster that its a bad sport but tbh, no it doesnt take the fun out of beeing a pilot for me at least. Its more or of an indicator to me that the one which just got shot down by me is either 12 years old and really thinks its taking anything from me that the hopefully integer counter doesnt increase towards the next best buffer overflow, or has something better to do then let its plane fall to the ground and cant be bothered to eject. :D

For the first part I cant be bothered to be annoyed by someone with such low standards to himself, who thinks he is taking anything from me with denying a counter increment.

If I let myself get emotionally compromised by that I am not really different from him.

A la Let the Salt flow through you young Skywalker

And If someone has something better to do and forgets or cant be bothered to eject because its not doing anything gameplay wise, hell I am happy to accept that.

Even If I had a emotional need for an integer ++;, that cant be higher then anyone elses wish for just getting into another plane and keep flying, in the end both are just random arse feelings and wishes generated by our brain based on outdated models.

So on that philosophical bombshell, no, I really dont mind, I just am amused if people seem to intentionally do it and am perfectly fine if people simply want to do it independant of the ++;.

And its true, if all your crew dies the same thing will happen as well.

And to merge that with the tanky mirage meme. I just never eject once i am fataly it, aka 95% of the time the first hit, so whats left of my mirage just continues a parabolic flightpath, during that phase people hit me usually with 2-3 additional missiles. It may well be that people consider that as tanky mirage. :D

[EDIT: I allways eject last moment or wait until the wreck hits the ground, I just love to make them waste missiles on a target thats already done for]

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will we maybe get back CSAR for this round ?

I would LOVE that! Some were saying this was a scripting issue with an update that was published?

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

I would LOVE that! Some were saying this was a scripting issue with an update that was published?

Reaper6

Afaik its performance reasons which led to the removal for now.

If they were introduced with an an DCS update or were there just all the time, I dunno.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with the previous poster that its a bad sport but tbh, no it doesnt take the fun out of beeing a pilot for me at least. Its more or of an indicator to me that the one which just got shot down by me is either 12 years old and really thinks its taking anything from me that the hopefully integer counter doesnt increase towards the next best buffer overflow, or has something better to do then let its plane fall to the ground and cant be bothered to eject. :D

For the first part I cant be bothered to be annoyed by someone with such low standards to himself, who thinks he is taking anything from me with denying a counter increment.

If I let myself get emotionally compromised by that I am not really different from him.

A la Let the Salt flow through you young Skywalker

And If someone has something better to do and forgets or cant be bothered to eject because its not doing anything gameplay wise, hell I am happy to accept that.

Even If I had a emotional need for an integer ++;, that cant be higher then anyone elses wish for just getting into another plane and keep flying, in the end both are just random arse feelings and wishes generated by our brain based on outdated models.

So on that philosophical bombshell, no, I really dont mind, I just am amused if people seem to intentionally do it and am perfectly fine if people simply want to do it independant of the ++;.

And its true, if all your crew dies the same thing will happen as well.

And to merge that with the tanky mirage meme. I just never eject once i am fataly it, aka 95% of the time the first hit, so whats left of my mirage just continues a parabolic flightpath, during that phase people hit me usually with 2-3 additional missiles. It may well be that people consider that as tanky mirage. :D

[EDIT: I allways eject last moment or wait until the wreck hits the ground, I just love to make them waste missiles on a target thats already done for]

It's not salt. But now that I know, I will change from my normal "search & destroy" missions to "search & disappear" mission. This should save me a lot of Vikhrs actually.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

It's not salt. But now that I know, I will change from my normal "search & destroy" missions to "search & disappear" mission. This should save me a lot of Vikhrs actually.

Reaper6

I am not talking about you, I am talking about the general connection between pilot who put the others flying machine out of service and the one in the vehicle which is supposedly out of service.

:D No more spamvikhrs, how unpleasant. :D

I prefer the gun for heli to heli warfare anyways, unless it would take to much time to catch up, or the targeted heli needs to be put out of comission fast.

And 2-3 30mm hits seem more reliable to me then the average 2 vikhr hits.

Curious how the mistral missiles will be after todays patch.

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am not talking about you, I am talking about the general connection between pilot who put the others flying machine out of service and the one in the vehicle which is supposedly out of service.

:D No more spamvikhrs, ### ####. :D

I prefer the gun for heli to heli warfare anyways, unless it would take to much time to catch up, or the targeted heli needs to be put out of comission fast.

And 2-3 30mm hits seem more reliable to me then the average 2 vikhr hits.

Curious how the mistral missiles will be after todays patch.

You may want to edit your post and take out the "GD" part so you don't receive a warning...

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

You may want to edit your post and take out the "GD" part so you don't receive a warning...

Reaper6

Thanks for the early warning. Thought profanity was the only problem on theese forums. :D

I can remember on WT forums the mods were banterous enough to simply put auto replacements for so conceived profane words. :D Did lead to some really funny posts. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, I had a few ideas that some friends and I have been bouncing around between ourselves that I thought we'd share with the community to help improve the blue flag experience. We've been flying since round two, so we've kind of watched the event evolve into what it is today.

The first idea is to remove the FC3 aircraft outright. With the exception of the SU-25, and I'll explain that in the next point. But I'd say get rid of the FC3 aircraft because they are a huge point of contention. If you don't fly them, then you complain that they are too simple, provide a huge gap in capabilities and are too easy to get started and in the air. You might also feel like they contribute to a "gaming" atmosphere that I believe the guys at Buddy Spike are trying to avoid. If you do fly them, you are likely not too keen on spending the money or time involved in one of the fully simulated modules. While I understand this, I do feel like the benefits outweigh the cost in removing the FC3 airplanes from the server. Which brings me to force shaping and team balancing.

These two point are all the rage on these forums, right? We are in a constant uproar about trying to balance the teams. Arguments stem around capabilities, numbers, time zones, everything. As stated, I think we should remove the FC3 aircraft, leaving us with a handful of modules that actually compliment each other quite well, and compliment the BF style of server. When placed side by side, you can create a very even force structure, for both teams, as I intend to point out.

Red v Blue

M2k vs M2k

SU-25 vs A-10 (A/C)

MIG-21 vs F-5

MIG-15 vs F-86

KA-50 vs SA-432 (all varients)

MI-8 vs Huey and MI-8

Allow me to explain.

M2k vs M2k:

This will cap the capability of BF aircraft to the Mirage and will provide no unfair advantages. The aircraft is IFF capable and both teams can have an effective cap platform.

SU-25 vs A-10 A/C:

This will provide both teams with a very effective ground attack platform. Inclusion of the FC3 aircraft here is only to provide fairness, as not including the SU-25 would exclude the red team from having a very valuable asset. Including the A-10A allows for the simplicity of the SU-25 to be matched by the blue team, without overly negating the use of the A-10C.

MIG-21 vs F-5

MIG-15 vs F-86:

I'll talk about these in tandem. First of all, we have two classic line ups here, I'd call that fair. As for the argument about these aircraft against the mirages, good point. The 21 and 5 stand a fighting chance, the 15 and 86, maybe not so much. But that doesn't negate the possibility to fly these aircraft in an attack role. Combine that, with the earlier suggestion of adding different values to different kind of aircraft to influence use of that aircraft, I can see these four aircraft being flown more. I see them attack communication relays maybe. Definitely light attack. Maybe follow some A-10s to help close out an area. It can work.

KA-50 vs SA-432:

Not a fair match up, the Gazelle is definitely outgunned, out ranged, and much less effective as a single helicopter. But there isn't much that can be done about that. But it has an RWR and the Black shark doesn't. So there is that.

MI-8 vs Huey and MI-8:

I'm not sure everyone will agree with me here, but the way I see it, this kind of helps offset the inequality from the Black Shark and Gazelle. The huey is slower than the MI-8, though it is arguable better armed with AI door gunners. In an effort to help the blue side out, I'd vote to give the MI-8 to both teams. If for no other reason, if two helicopters leave from opposite teams to each other farps at least they can get there at the same time. I argued with myself to say, well, have the Blue team unable to arm their MI-8s, or something. But the MI-8 is the world's most popular military export helicopter and for good reason. I do think it should be available on both teams. As I said before, if nothing else, as to throw a bone to blue for the KA-50.

As for weapons selection, this is another very contentious point in the community. And a lot of thought needs to be put into it to keep the game playable.

For the helicopters:

The only restriction I can think about is restrictions the KA-50 to unguided weapons, but I don't think KA-50 pilots would like that too much. I know I'd be pissed, it would help level the KA-50 to the Gazelle, but I'm not sure I like the idea. So over to the community.

For the attack aircraft:

To be fair, red team cannot have a SEAD capable weapon. Fact. I also would restrict use of the CBU-97 and 105. And GPS guided bombs. Leave the LGBs and all mavericks. I think that puts the A-10s and SU-25s roughly on the same level of effectiveness.

Fighters:

It pains me to say it, but the restriction on semi active radar guided missiles should remain in place. I don't think it's necessary, if I'm being honest, but I do think it pushes the fighters a few miles closer before weapons can be used, which will assist with all the visual fighters actually standing a fighting chance. But other than that, there isn't much to restrict here.

I do believe that these suggestions would lead to a more balanced team distribution without huge gaps in capabilities providing an advantage to either side. Both teams have roughly the same number or aircraft they can fly, and the environment doesn't prohibit the effectiveness of any aircraft to a large degree. Sure, we exclude some of the community with the lack of FC3 aircraft, but you also are providing a much more equal playing field.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift