Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

So strange about the start doodenkoff I haven't had any problems with battery start. Are you sure it's fully stalled and just not really slow spool? Have you checked your VDC and amps during start to see if they are indicating normal? I will give this a shot tomorrow and report back. The battery has a limit of -40C. So it should still work. Wind IRL is restricted to 30kts for start plus gust factor but I cant imagine DCS simulating that now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Couldn't agree more. Worrying about spamram or airquake is little bit of weak nerve (sorry to say that). War is unfair and its just a game after all. Getting shot down 100 times won't change anything in your real life. Embrace the challenges and develop better tactics or work coordinately through teamspeak are much more better so Mirknir could add better features and fixing bugs.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Most of us complaining fly solely on teamspeak with each other coordinating everything. You can't say to get better tactics when you only get a missile warning half a second before it blows the front of your aircraft off. Also quoting real wars where you have incentives to RTB to Open Conflict where the airquake is takeoff spam AMRAAMs and then eject and spawn a new aircraft isn't proving or supporting anything, two completely different things.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Mirknir, I filed a -report last night about 9:10 PM Central time. I flew to a safe house and could not pick up downed pilots. -re indicated 4 pilots for pickup, but pressing F4 to actually get them did nothing.

Btw to get groundpower you have to use lalt+space bar to open the chat menu, then it should work.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Most of us complaining fly solely on teamspeak with each other coordinating everything. You can't say to get better tactics when you only get a missile warning half a second before it blows the front of your aircraft off. Also quoting real wars where you have incentives to RTB to Open Conflict where the airquake is takeoff spam AMRAAMs and then eject and spawn a new aircraft isn't proving or supporting anything, two completely different things.

Darksword I think you've missed the point here buddy, he was agreeing with a post I made where I said that if you are flying solo and dying all the time then learn from mistakes and or join us on ts... mirk has worked hard to balance the server and he continues to make everything available so we can all have fun. People like using amraams, people like dropping bombs mirk let's us do it all.

There are servers out there that only allow certain weapon systems, if people hate it that much then they should question whether OC is for them.

Tactics and SA are key to survival, we're not saying amraams are not op etc but if you learn you will know how to hide from them and gain the advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw to get groundpower you have to use lalt+space bar to open the chat menu, then it should work.

I could communicate with ground crew fine....problem is, they would answer a request for ground power with, "unable to comply."

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Bizarre...when I get in a Huey at the Blue Forward Farp, I'm hearing the weirdest noise....it's like the engine is running and under stress. Can someone else test that? I tried a Huey at Krasnodar and didn't get it.

i am eager to try the huey cold weather startup, acdelta mentioned. lets see if that works! edit: can't get it to work so far, i am only able to spool up to 10% then it stalls, wont go to 15%. turning on fuel at 10% does not achieve anything. except an empty battery after the failed try :D.... maybe its just too cold!

I've been trying without success as well. I use a very quick startup sequence that acdelta described once...usually get a Huey running in under 2 minutes. I can't start one at the FARP at all. It's just like you describe, gets to 10% and eventually just stops spooling.

Bizarre...when I get in a Huey at the Blue Forward Farp, I'm hearing the weirdest noise....it's like the engine is running and under stress. Can someone else test that? I tried a Huey at Krasnodar and didn't get it.

Do u have Huey sound mod installed? And if yes are you aware of known sound bug with it?

If no, did you fly SA342 in same round and crash? The SA342 has known sound glitch as well, sound stays with you unless you disconnect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

I have been running Skullz Huey sound mod. I'll disable it and try. Although it's weird it didn't happen at Krasnodar.

I hit F2 and looked around, thinking some other pilot was horsing around, but I was the only person there.

I haven't figured out how to fly the Gazelle yet.

I've been trying without success as well. I use a very quick startup sequence that acdelta described once...usually get a Huey running in under 2 minutes. I can't start one at the FARP at all. It's just like you describe, gets to 10% and eventually just stops spooling.

This is so strange, I'm sorry i can't help you guys, unfortunately i can't troubleshoot until tomorrow. It honestly sounds like it is struggling due to counter-turbine rotation due to wind. I am fully confident DCS has not modeled this tho lol, unless I'm completely wrong.

Not to insult any of your intelligence but are you sure you keep holding down the starter? i do know its notably slower to spool up in this temperature. Perhaps try this:

Battery on

throttle twist lock to half, not low idle like normal

Master fuel switch on

Starter depress and hold for a LONG time even if it struggles at 10% for a few seconds

Seconds? I've been holding it for at least a minute...until all the lights on the master panel wink out and it goes silent.

haha wow! lol ok well something is strange. I am very intrigued on this. I will consult some old manuals and see if i can dig anything up.

Lets kill 1 bird at least, after turning on battery can you please check volts and amps with Essential bus selected on the DC voltmeter selector?

During the start check for this during the 10% stall

at 10% N1: Check minimum 14 VDC.

the blades should not rotate till 15% N1 anyway, so that is a normal indication

Edited by acdelta57

Last possible solution, just to verify we are all on the same page than I'm officially out of ideas lol

-Battery on

-Generator on cover closed

Verify starter Gen/Stby gen is in the START position (right of battery switch)

-Throttle twist lock to 40% not low idle

-Master fuel switch on (wait 5 seconds)

-Engage starter and pray

If at 10%N1 and less than 14VDC is displayed we may have a dead/low battery problem and ground power will be required

15% rotors should begin to turn.

50% N1 twist throttle to low idle

Starter release.

Check back tomorrow I will attempt to troubleshoot in-game and see if we might have a possible glitch. Just to verify which slots are you experiencing the troubles? Blue FOB huey?

Mirknir is it possible that you can enable Easy Communications on the server so that noobs such as myself can manage the comms while we come to grips with learning everything else. Enabling Easy Comms doesn't preclude people from using the more advanced, multiple radios etc does it?

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

Last possible solution, just to verify we are all on the same page than I'm officially out of ideas lol

-Battery on

-Generator on cover closed

Verify starter Gen/Stby gen is in the START position (right of battery switch)

-Master fuel switch on (wait 5 seconds)

-Engage starter and pray

If at 10%N1 and less than 14VDC is displayed we may have a dead/low battery problem and ground power will be required

15% rotors should begin to turn.

50% N1 twist throttle to low idle

Starter release.

Check back tomorrow I will attempt to troubleshoot in-game and see if we might have a possible glitch. Just to verify which slots are you experiencing the troubles? Blue FOB huey?

Blue FOB and Krasnodar.

As soon as I close the cabin doors, you can hear the low throbbing sound I'm trying to describe. It sounds like an old steam engine. Nothing is running, I haven't even flipped a switch. Same thing on the second chopper. Dead silent at Krasnodar, but I demonstrate a failed cold weather startup. This is unedited for speed purposes and when I look over my left shoulder, that's me looking at the second monitor and confirming acdelta's startup procedure. What did I do wrong? I hit the battery switch and immediately hit the starter.

Well that is the most interesting sound glitch I've ever heard. I have not experienced that yet, unsure as to why that is happening. Perhaps a reinstall of skulz sound mod?

Try the second procedure, basically the same just verify these changes..

-Master fuel switch on (wait 5 seconds) then

-Engage starter and pray

If at 10%N1 and less than 14VDC is displayed

That video was recorded with Skullz turned off.

Dumb question time....how do I set the throttle at 40%? I've always done it by the manual, "page up" to fully open the throttle, then "page down" to set it to the start position.

When you look at the controls indicator on the red box you can see the the throttle(collective) moving out of the detent, and up and down the scale. Just tap page up until the throttle is halfway but not fully up (bottom of scale is low idle/top of scale is flight-high idle). If you mouse wheel scroll over the collective stick ( the brown handle part) you can move that collective as you are with page up/down keys but its more precise and a little smoother too

Totally unsure/unfamiliar about the sound bug that you are experiencing. Sorry I'm no help there, thats the first time I've heard/seen it happen.

Edited by acdelta57

When you look at the controls indicator on the red box you can see the the throttle(collective) moving out of the detent, and up and down the scale.

I'll have you know, I gave myself a, "you dolt" head slap when I read that. Thanks for the nudge.

Hahaha happens to the best of us:thumbup:

i played around with outside temperatures in mission editor. the cold weather startup with no ground power you described works until around -10°C, definitely stops working <-14°C.

with available groundpower you can start normally at any temps of course.

on a sidenote i heard that weird sound glitch too, only on forward farp_A i think? in the german huey, all other spots are fine, no soundmod installed. probably some weird script or mission glitch.

Mirknir is it possible that you can enable Easy Communications on the server so that noobs such as myself can manage the comms while we come to grips with learning everything else. Enabling Easy Comms doesn't preclude people from using the more advanced, multiple radios etc does it?

You should only have to tune awacs and the tanker. Don't bother with ATC in MP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]