Cruising is painful..

Where is the magical 'level flight at cruise' setting in that picture?
I don't see either.

Sir yes Sir :music_whistling:

Please, Read the definition of "datum" before write your tipical Cantinflas Speech wink.gif

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/datum

There are a lot of datums not only in aviation, and not only in airframes. biggrin.gif

So... where is the "ZERO mark" in your Cessna trim handwheel? ..I only read "take off" mark ...anddd ..Are you a Professional pilot? ..If I am not misinformed you fly a Cessna some sundays, but You are a Piano teacher,. Am I right?:music_whistling:

You can try insult me whatever you want mate, I'm still a pilot, are you? Don't try to teach me English, I know mine isn't perfect but look at you mate... :music_whistling: what datum were you talking about, do you know? I think google translator fooled you (once more :lol:).

Take off IS the "zero" mark. As I already told you once I've even help my instructor fixing Zero trim position in the Cessna, I know perfectly where is the Zero and why. Do you?

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really trying to help you understand what is going on. You are a knowledgeable guy and you have many concepts correct but the inability to see the fact :

If you are talking the zero mark on an aircraft trim...then you certainly are talking about the design coefficient of lift.

Blinds you to putting it all together to achieve understanding...

:cry:

Don't get fooled by Otto Crumpp, actually he doesn't know what he is talking about. He doesn't, I'm not kidding and it isn't even funny after a shit load of threads. He uses words he saw here and there, but he doesn't know what they mean nor even try to understand. His only point is trying to "demonstrate" 109 module is wrong just because he decided it is and it has to be wrong because is done by Russian guys. That's the only fact with Otto so he'll discard any prove or explanation you can give him if it says 109 module is fine.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Don't get fooled by Otto Crumpp

S!

But I thought Otto and Crumpp were two different persons ... bummer!

So Otto is Crumpp, Otto Crumpp ?

Hehe, just kidding :pilotfly:

And now, for something completely different - would you guys care to download the great stuff from FLIGHTLAB.NET, including the PDF chapter 4 here on "Lateral/Directional Stability" which, on the last paragraph of page 4.7 even mentions the effect that Yo-Yo models so well in his prop modules when there is a strong x-wind component !

Yo-Yo is 99% right about what he says ( I'm sure his wife doesn't think that way... ) so, let's all enjoy what we have already....

The fine tuning of the modules in DCS is superb - that's what really matters :-)

• Like 1

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Can I jump in here and enquire wether the trim tabs in ME has resolved these issues. Its an entertaining discussion guys thanks;)
Entertaining? Not for me, you can bet.

IMHO 109 is quite a delightful aircraft also cruising and probably even too much. Just give a try to 1.5 and you can see yourself.

S!

But I thought Otto and Crumpp were two different persons ... bummer!

So Otto is Crumpp, Otto Crumpp ?

Punctiation kills...

:P

Let's Eat Grandpa!!

Let's Eat, Grandpa!!

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

Punctiation kills...

:P

Let's Eat Grandpa!!

Let's Eat, Grandpa!!

Indeed, but Spanish punctuation is different in many cases. I'm on it :lol:.

S!

Indeed, but Spanish punctuation is different in many cases. I'm on it .

Despite being functionally fluent in Spanish....I am glad we are not conversing on a BBS in it.

I could not tell English is not your first language!! :book:

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

109 always had tendency to go left and right rudder had to be applied. Exception beeing high speed when it starts to go to the right. It is a 109. Works as it should

So what is the 'sweet spot' setting where it goes straight? How to tell and what is the manner of holding stick to get there, is it ailerons hold first then rudder?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

So what is the 'sweet spot' setting where it goes straight? How to tell and what is the manner of holding stick to get there, is it ailerons hold first then rudder?

Always rudder first, then aileron. IMO 109 cruises nicely 400 to 450Km/H, 1.1 to 1.2 ATA (1.15 by handbook). You can nose trim easily there, look at your controls and decide if you need some rudder to centre the ball, so go to trim tabs and fix it. Then check with centred ball if you have any aileron to hold and fix it with aileron trim tab. That's it and you'll have your hands off cruising.

I think nothig to do... but ask to Manowar, .. he say that "take off" trim mark is the same that the Bf-109 "Zero trim mark. biggrin.gif
You're really annoying mate. It's everything to do as you claim 109 has a magical point where 0 trim works the same to take off, high speed cruise and landing. It's you who says, not me.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

thanks. Didn't know till I read the full thread they implemented it! Now I'll go get coffee during those backburner times.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Don't get fooled by Otto Crumpp, actually he doesn't know what he is talking about. He doesn't, I'm not kidding and it isn't even funny after a shit load of threads. He uses words he saw here and there, but he doesn't know what they mean nor even try to understand. His only point is trying to "demonstrate" 109 module is wrong just because he decided it is and it has to be wrong because is done by Russian guys. That's the only fact with Otto so he'll discard any prove or explanation you can give him if it says 109 module is fine.

S!

Very nice words from a Piano teacher ..:music_whistling:

• ED Team
Very nice words from a Piano teacher ..:music_whistling:

You guys can keep your sparring on your Teamspeak server, to be honest, this whole thread is losing traction at this point.... just another redundant trim thread. Note this will be the last one based on:

1.4 Posts/threads that undermine the actions of the forum staff, such as opening threads that are redundant, disruptive or deal with topics that have been previously locked, will result in administrative actions against the user.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If you add a 25 curve for your elevator axis and have an extended joystick you really have to hold the joystick forward a lot, so for us sitting at our pc the plane does not feel right, this sim should work for all joysticks. If you use a custom curve to keep the nose down the plane will tip over on it's nose after you land, Also the trim wheel does not work properly on an axis. I really hope this module is not finished because it's turning me off the whole sim.

• ED Team
If you add a 25 curve for your elevator axis and have an extended joystick you really have to hold the joystick forward a lot, so for us sitting at our pc the plane does not feel right, this sim should work for all joysticks. If you use a custom curve to keep the nose down the plane will tip over on it's nose after you land, Also the trim wheel does not work properly on an axis. I really hope this module is not finished because it's turning me off the whole sim.

Why would you use a curve to keep the nose down, if you want to keep the nose down use the trim adjustments in the options for the 109. I personally fly with no curve whatsoever, I dont use the trim options, I have no issue with how it flies, I can trim out the nose up attitude if I want, most times I dont.

The trim wheel on an axis has been requested, but not sure its a high priority.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If you fly with no curve the plane is easy to keep the nose down, but if you add a curve you have to hold the joystick forward a lot more. A lot of people use curves for different reasons. Unless DCS is going to come out with a force feedback controller I think they should reconsider this feature or I don't think you will ever hear the end of it, not from me but from every new player who jumps in for a dogfight quick match and there plane does a backflip.

I'm not sure if I understand. You're saying you actually have a long stick and use a curve on it? The point in using a long stick is trying to feel the real control surfaces behaviour, if you use a curve you are just destroying that... and of course using such a huge curve you have to move a lot the stick, but it's you who put it like that. I use a long stick and never, ever, thought in using any curve at all on it, all control inputs are straight and if something using a bit dead zone, that's all, and the control can't be better in every module and of course with 109.

S!

If you fly with no curve the plane is easy to keep the nose down, but if you add a curve you have to hold the joystick forward a lot more. A lot of people use curves for different reasons. Unless DCS is going to come out with a force feedback controller I think they should reconsider this feature or I don't think you will ever hear the end of it, not from me but from every new player who jumps in for a dogfight quick match and there plane does a backflip.

The stability and control modeling in DCS is very well done. The FM developer pays a lot of attention to the behaviors using measured data.

I would think setting up a curve serves to destroy the "personality", advantages, and disadvantages of these behaviors. You might very well mitigate one behavior and exaggerate another.

JG13,

These airplanes were designed at a time when stability and control engineering came into its own as separate discipline of aeronautical engineering. The engineers of that time were also pioneers of compressible aerodynamics, transonic, and supersonic aerodynamics. It was an exciting time to be involved in aeronautical sciences. The World War II designs reflect this and their stability and control characteristics are as important to the airplane as it's wings/engine.

• ED Team
I have several joysticks including msffb2, the point is that if you add curve you have to hold the stick forward more!

And when you tell the doctor that it hurts when you do this, what does the doctor say? Dont do that....

ED cant adjust an FM for each individual curve preference... you need to adjust for the FM...

64Sig.png

I have several joysticks including msffb2, the point is that if you add curve you have to hold the stick forward more!
The weird thing would be if it doesn't mate :smilewink:.

S!