Track recording

erjdriver

Welcome to the DCS Replay feature.:music_whistling:

Ahm yeah...this happens.

The replay is not really a replay its a record of things you have done in the simulation. So if there is only the smallest error inside the recorded inputs, the replay is broken.

ISE

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Well that blows!

I finished this mission after 20 tries at least - shot down a HIND and all...

I was planning to watch it again and again in slow motion and now this - seriously??

And to add insult to injury - it considers the mission incomplete even though i saw the complete message.

Edited by erjdriver

Well that blows!

Yeah, it's really bad when that happens.

I don't know if it works, but since the track seems really important to you, can you run it with the time slowed down (Options -> Controls -> Ka-50 Sim -> General -> Time decelerate, Default: LAlt + z) and see if it still veers off?

I think in some cases DCS just can't apply the recorded inputs quickly enough, so with a bit of luck, this might work (though it probably doesn't, but I guess it's worth a try anyway :P).

That didn't work.

I think I may have found the problem - I'm running Gadroc's HELIOS mod.

It seems like the track file doesn't save any interaction with the HELIOS panel. For example, my ABRIS, MASTER ARM are all set to off as I'm getting close to enemy - that's never the case.

So I was thinking why would the heli turn left into the hillside.

One of the things I do during the setup with the HELIOS is turn AUTO-TURN-TO-TARGET off. Since I do that on the HELIOS - during playback it's still enabled. So when I slew the SHKVAL to the left to look at the enemy - the heli turns left and ergo the crash.

---

Just did another quick mission and i'm pretty sure that's the problem. In this mission I shoot a missile and in the playback it doesn't go off because the MASTER ARM is till off (because i did that using HELIOS) - also the ground track was off.

I guess if one wants to record the tracks properly - then all the interaction has to be done with the main panel.

---

Another mission with no HELIOS interaction and the track was perfect.

That's too bad the HELIOS interaction isn't recorded in the track - but HELIOS is still useful for view only.

Edited by erjdriver

Bit confused by this. Surely Helios just works as another way to send commands to DCS, so it shouldn't matter whether Master Arm for example is turned on by a command from Helios, a button on your stick, or a keyboard combo? All should result in the relevant switch in the cockpit being toggled and so it shouldn't make any difference which method is used.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Well that depends on how HELIOS calls the DCS functions.

If DCS detects a press (main panel) - saves to track and then does the function - and HELIOS calls this function directly - then the HELIOS press is NOT recorded.

If DCS detects a press and calls a function (and this function also saves to track) and HELIOS calls this function - then all's ok.

I tested w/o HELIOS panel input and the track is fine. With panel input - there's a problem.

I would be interested in hearing from some other HELIOS mod users wx this is this case.

...I was planning to watch it again and again in slow motion and now this - seriously??...

I totally understand you. I ask something. Do you touch any controls or keyboard key during the playback? Sometimes, for a reason if I hit any F keys or mouse etc. track may not same as what happened during flight - weird! But sometimes, surprisingly DCS plays in accurate, "if" I wait patiently along track.

A few days before, I was in a Ka-50 and approached a SAM site located in a city. Units started to missile rain on me. I positioned beyond a building and covered, but a few minutes later, a missile manged to explode very close to me and I lost all hydro pressure. Ka-50 started swinging and I almost lost control, but even in this situation, I managed to blow one more SAM and RTB.

I wanted to record last kill, but watching track was a complete disappointing. After hydro failure, Ka-50's movements in track were not same as in flight. I crashed in track, but my cyclic was moving after crash. :) I started to watch it again. This time I didn't touch "anything". I didn't even speed it up. This time Ka-50 didn't crash, but missile hit the ground, not SAM. Ka-50 started to return the base, but crashed into building that actually I passed very close from its left in flight. :\

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I've tried many times to get a track to play back but so far without any success. Is there a beginners post that gives a step-by-step on what to do? Thanks,

MORG

Can you explain what happens when you try to replay a track?

The whole process of saving/replying is pretty straightforward: on debriefing screen after you end the mission you can either watch the track, or save it. You can watch saved tracks by selecting Replay option from the main menu.

So I finally complete a mission and I save the track file.

When I play it - the start looks correct and then about 2 minutes in the heli crashes into a hillside - that never happened in the mission.

Any ideas what could cause this.

Tracks will be fixed in 1.5. Or at least improved. :D

This seems like a HELIOS issue.

I tried it w/o touching anything - and still the same.

Then on the next playback - I found that even during playback, Helios allows you to set switches (main DCS screen doesn't). So I set up a few switches that I normally throw and the playback was better but not the same as original.