Question on Mirage 2000C ECM

Charly_Owl

Lack of information regarding Mirage 2000C ECM controls (BR, DA, D2M, LL) makes it quite problematic to figure out how ECM systems actually work. The bits and pieces I could find are that DA is for the RWR and LL is for the Jammer. I have no idea what these acronyms mean. Maybe BR stands for "Brouillage"? (french for "jamming")...

BR = BRouilleur = jammer

LL = Lance Leurres = decoy launcher (CHAFFs + FLAREs)

DA = Détecteur d'Alerte = RWR

D2M = DDM = Détecteur de Départ de Missile = Missile Launch Detector (IR detector). Most probably a provision for the system. It is known to be in use on 2000D/N, I never saw it on 2000C/-5

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

BR = BRouiller = jammer

LL = Lance Leurres = decoy launcher (CHAFFs + FLAREs)

DA = Détecteur d'Alerte = RWR

D2M = DDM = Détecteur de Départ de Missile = Missile Launch Detector (IR detector). Most probably a provision for the system. It is known to be in use on 2000D/N, I never saw it on 2000C/-5

Thanks! Merci infiniment!

Edited by Charly_Owl

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I resume this post with a question. The DA,BR and D2M have a 3-way-switch. The 1st is A and I think that should mean Arrete in French (stop/off). The 2nd is M and should be Marcher (On). But the 3rd is T and I have no idea what this mean. I also notice that if you put the BR, DA and D2M on the T position, the respective lights under the RWR start flashing. Otherwise if you put them on M position, the lights are on but steady. So the question is what is the T position on the BR, DA and D2M switchers?

Pain is weakness leaving your body...

My Hangar:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- CPU: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 3.60GHz to 5.00GHz

- MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390

- GPU: ASUS STRIX RTX 2080 SUPER OC 8GB

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (8GB x4)

- Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

- PSU: ASUS ROG THOR 850W

- Monitor: ASUS ROG XG248Q

- Case: ASUS ROG HELIOS

- Mouse: ASUS ROG CHAKRAM

- Keyboard: ASUS ROG STRIX FLARE

- Headset ASUS ROG DELTA

- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog SN #95039

Hi all, I resume this post with a question. The DA,BR and D2M have a 3-way-switch. The 1st is A and I think that should mean Arrete in French (stop/off). The 2nd is M and should be Marcher (On). But the 3rd is T and I have no idea what this mean. I also notice that if you put the BR, DA and D2M on the T position, the respective lights under the RWR start flashing. Otherwise if you put them on M position, the lights are on but steady. So the question is what is the T position on the BR, DA and D2M switchers?

My guess is T as in Test.

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

T is for the internal self-test.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Oh great!!! Thanks a lot for the Help! And another (last) question. What is the rotary switch on the left side of the BR? It has VEL, a little square and PCM position

My Hangar:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Headset ASUS ROG DELTA

Oh great!!! Thanks a lot for the Help! And another (last) question. What is the rotary switch on the left side of the BR? It has VEL, a little square and PCM position

That is the jammer priority switch. The jammer can jam your own radar. That switch is there to give priority to the radar or the jammer.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

That is the jammer priority switch. The jammer can jam your own radar. That switch is there to give priority to the radar or the jammer.

Ok really helpful! Thanks! I think that VEL stands for a velocity jamming, the square give the priority to the radar, and the PCM should be like a jamming program?

My Hangar:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Headset ASUS ROG DELTA

M2000C French translation

T is for the internal self-test.

Zeus67, I did read somewhere that you would like to issue a French Flight Manual. This is a big job but not so big if few of us get into it. So I put my name down to translate the manual in French. I am French and an aircraft engineer in Australia. (Probably won't help.)

@ Fishbed-21: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2616258#post2616258

@ Pratt: Would you like to join ED translation team?

Thanks mate!

My Hangar:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Headset ASUS ROG DELTA

Is the Mirage going to implement the D2M IR detector? Thanks!

Yes. If it was available on the C. So far the information we have says yes, but also said that it was an optional equipment.

But, right now my priority is enabling the Éclair dispenser pod. It provides 16 more flares and 18 more chaff but using it means that you lose the para brake, since it is installed in the parachute housing.

Do not mistake it with the Éclair-M, which I'm told came out when the C was already exchanged for the -5.

• Like 1

But, right now my priority is enabling the Éclair dispenser pod. It provides 16 more flares and 18 more chaff but using it means that you lose the para brake, since it is installed in the parachute housing.

Perfect reason to make it optional from the Ground Crew Rearm & Refuel menu and the mission editor. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Perfect reason to make it optional from the Ground Crew Rearm & Refuel menu and the mission editor. :)

We will enable it as a loadable pod. You will have to select it in the mission editor. Selecting it will disable the parachute.

Yes. If it was available on the C. So far the information we have says yes, but also said that it was an optional equipment.

Do not mistake it with the Éclair-M, which I'm told came out when the C was already exchanged for the -5.

I guess we all learned how to land without the chute, give us the Eclair dispenser now! :)

I,ve seen in the ingame model on the back of the rearward inboard pylons what looks like some D2M detectors, but also centerline rear underneath just forward of the turkey-feathers, and two similar sensors on the trailing edge of the vertical stabilizer behind the chaff dispenser, arranged one just above the other.

Could a dev or someone positively identify these sensors?

In a similar line of questions which are the small double half-cylinders just lateral on each side of the engine turkey-feathers for? I've seen them in pictures as well as the in game model... and even have "danger" labels on them.

cheers!

I,ve seen in the ingame model on the back of the rearward inboard pylons what looks like some D2M detectors, but also centerline rear underneath just forward of the turkey-feathers, and two similar sensors on the trailing edge of the vertical stabilizer behind the chaff dispenser, arranged one just above the other.

I'm not a dev, but D2M detectors are mounted on the rear of the Magic pylons.

They are not in game for now.

In a similar line of questions which are the small double half-cylinders just lateral on each side of the engine turkey-feathers for? I've seen them in pictures as well as the in game model... and even have "danger" labels on them.

Internal chaff dispensers.

spacer.png

would you recommend this aircraft for a beginner?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5